Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Upgraded from Big Sur via System Preferences
Very tempting, @CaseySJ yours is a fresh install? If you confirm it is, I'll try to reinstall BS and then upgrade. I have CCC so it should not be too long...

Very tempting, @CaseySJ yours is a fresh install? If you confirm it is, I'll try to reinstall BS and then upgrade. I have CCC so it should not be too long...
For me Monterey was a fresh install. I'm about to perform an upgrade from Big Sur on the Z490 Vision D. Just waiting for full bootable backup to finish.

Reactions: ffk
For me Monterey was a fresh install. I'm about to perform an upgrade from Big Sur on the Z490 Vision D. Just waiting for full bootable backup to finish.
I have everything too :)
Doing a fresh install right now of BS 11.6.1, will check Ethernet 2 and upgrade to 12.1 (ß1) and check again.
See you in around 1h30 min, it's only 9am here :cool:

Yes the update utility intel/gigabyte released released was windows only

edit: Intel also has Linux update utility but not the firmware binary so its possible to do this on a Linux live usb with the binary from the windows release and the Linux utility, if this turns out to be important.
Just ran the Intel i-225V firmware update tool in Windows. Seems my controller has been on 1.45 since the beginning.

Let's see if the upgrade versus fresh install theory pans out... ;)

Capture.PNG

Let's see if the upgrade versus fresh install theory pans out... ;)
No good. The Intel I-225V Ethernet port fails to connect in Monterey regardless of whether Monterey is installed as an upgrade or from scratch.

No good. The Intel I-225V Ethernet port fails to connect in Monterey regardless of whether Monterey is installed as an upgrade or from scratch.
You win by one minute :)
Same conclusion -:(

There is new BIOS F21b update for Z490-D maybe it's worth to trying it?

Back