Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Will we have a migration guide to Monterey or any ready-to-use EFI on Monterey @CaseySJ?
Sure! And here it is… ;)

Step 1: Update to OpenCore 0.7.4 (required)
Step 2: Make full bootable backup
Step 3: System Preferences —> Software Update

Note, however, that Intel i225V Ethernet port (2.5GbE) is not currently working in Monterey.

Last edited:
Observation for others to corroborate:
I've recently begun to experience USB attached drives disconnecting on wake-from-sleep. This hasn't been an issue for me ever when the drives are connected to intel controllers (but it is a well known issue when connected to ASMedia USB controllers), so it seems to be a recent change either in OpenCore, MacOS, or a possible side effect of enabling AppleVTD (I'll try disabling it and seeing if expected USB behaviour returns). Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Observation for others to corroborate:
I've recently begun to experience USB attached drives disconnecting on wake-from-sleep. This hasn't been an issue for me ever when the drives are connected to intel controllers (but it is a well known issue when connected to ASMedia USB controllers), so it seems to be a recent change either in OpenCore, MacOS, or a possible side effect of enabling AppleVTD (I'll try disabling it and seeing if expected USB behaviour returns). Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
I’ve observed this on z490 but not z590. A recent Monterey beta update seems to have caused the issue. But on z590 all my devices remained powered on during sleep. Weird.

FYI, reviews of new 14" and 16" MacBook Pros are live. Here's one (Brian Tong):

Thoughts? Comments? Please post in this thread:

I’ve observed this on z490 but not z590. A recent Monterey beta update seems to have caused the issue. But on z590 all my devices remained powered on during sleep. Weird.
Thanks!
I’m on the latest 11.6, so maybe a change was also made here via a security update

Thanks!
I’m on the latest 11.6, so maybe a change was also made here via a security update
Another thing to investigate is the impact of the replacement DMAR table that enables AppleVTd.

On z590 I don’t need to replace the system dmar for applevtd to load properly.

CSM Support can and should be disabled now. Do you know what firmware version is installed on the slow Samsung NVMe SSD?
@CaseySJ I have the latest firmware version installed on the slow Samsung NVMe SSD. Here is the screenshot!
Capture.PNG
Did that cause the issue? Let me know and as always thanks for the help!

Back