Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ As of now, I can't boot Windows 10 in the OpenCore system picker interface. However, I was able to boot Windows 10 if I switch the drive manually in the BIOS. I was wondering if I can delete that Windows 10 option in the OpenCore interface, and switch OS manually in the bios instead? (Since if I want to use the Bar support option (smart access memory) in Windows I would need to toggle that in the BIOS anyway.) Let me know, thank you!

The latest beta of OC, 0.7.5, has an option that fixes the Smart Access Memory / Resizable Bar issue, i.e it can be left enabled whether you boot macOS or Windows. I'm sure @CaseySJ will include this in his configs when 0.7.5 is officially released.

If you don't want to wait a week or 2 then you can download and compile it yourself.

@CaseySJ My hackintosh seems working fine so far, except Netflix and Prime does not stream in Safari with iMac 20,1 configs even with my RX 6900XT. Is there a way to fix it? Would it work if I use the iMacPro1,1 configs? Also, how do you guys control and monitor the temperature of CPU and GPU? I used iStatsMenues, and it shows that my CPU temperature was 102 degree in Celcius, so that is probably wrong. Let me know how you guys control the temp of your CPU and GPU in hackintosh. Thank you!
I use the following (not both on the same machine at the same time):
  • HWMonitorSMC2
  • iStatistica Pro (from Mac App Store; there's a free non-pro version as well)
  • iStatMenus
We can monitor, but not control.

@CaseySJ As of now, I can't boot Windows 10 in the OpenCore system picker interface. However, I was able to boot Windows 10 if I switch the drive manually in the BIOS. I was wondering if I can delete that Windows 10 option in the OpenCore interface, and switch OS manually in the bios instead? (Since if I want to use the Bar support option (smart access memory) in Windows I would need to toggle that in the BIOS anyway.) Let me know, thank you!
This is most commonly due to AppleVTD being enabled. If you refer to the OpenCore 0.7.3 mini-guide in this thread, you'll find a link to a post that describes how to fully enable and fully disable AppleVTD. Follow the section on fully disabling AppleVTD, then see if Windows 10 will boot through OpenCore Picker.

Last edited:
Hello,
Been happily using my Z490 D hack in Catalina 15.7 since March thanks to this guide so thank you! The best "Mac" I've had really. I thought I'd test out Big Sur on a back up boot drive...updated to open core 7.4 (from 6.7), Big Sur upgrade worked just fine... but none of the USB3 ports on the motherboard work when I boot to Big Sur. I can see there are a few different posts about this on this forum but I can't seem to find a definitive guide for fixing this that is as thorough as the initial setup guide :). So just wondering if I missed something, or if there is sort of a step by step approach to getting the USB ports functional again in Big Sur for this specific board. in the mean time still enjoying my Catalina installl... thanks much!

Hello,
Been happily using my Z490 D hack in Catalina 15.7 since March thanks to this guide so thank you! The best "Mac" I've had really. I thought I'd test out Big Sur on a back up boot drive...updated to open core 7.4 (from 6.7), Big Sur upgrade worked just fine... but none of the USB3 ports on the motherboard work when I boot to Big Sur. I can see there are a few different posts about this on this forum but I can't seem to find a definitive guide for fixing this that is as thorough as the initial setup guide :). So just wondering if I missed something, or if there is sort of a step by step approach to getting the USB ports functional again in Big Sur for this specific board. in the mean time still enjoying my Catalina installl... thanks much!
Hello @studioj21,

Please compress and post your OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub.

Good morning all and of course @CaseySJ :)
Sudden strange behavior, after a clean install of Monterey RC2 and adding a 3rd monitor (3 of them are on DP and run smoothly).
When launching OC 0.74 previously updated without any issue, before OC menu appears i have the following message:
"failed to drop ACPI xxx" (can't really read further as it is very small characters and very stealthy).
Then everything boot normally but my BT is no longer working (Intel wireless EFI, see enclosed).
No idea why...
Do you have sufficient info or require more to help me to solve out?
As usual, thanks in advance !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 02.44.50.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 02.44.50.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 02.58.07.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 02.58.07.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hello @studioj21,

Please compress and post your OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub.
On a whim I made an attempt to rebuild the EFI and re-checked settings in configurator. I noticed that one of the USB port mapping options was unchecked so I checked that and resaved. Lo and behold all but two of my USB3 ports came back... the 2 directly opposite of the thunderbolt ports remain non-functional. Here is my EFI with the serial # removed. Am I able to get those ports back also? Thank you!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 24
On a whim I made an attempt to rebuild the EFI and re-checked settings in configurator. I noticed that one of the USB port mapping options was unchecked so I checked that and resaved. Lo and behold all but two of my USB3 ports came back... the 2 directly opposite of the thunderbolt ports remain non-functional. Here is my EFI with the serial # removed. Am I able to get those ports back also? Thank you!!
Please try attached config.plist -- copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use. Then check those USB ports again.

These changes were made:
Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 2.05.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 2.07.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 2.10.55 PM.png

Good morning all and of course @CaseySJ :)
Sudden strange behavior, after a clean install of Monterey RC2 and adding a 3rd monitor (3 of them are on DP and run smoothly).
When launching OC 0.74 previously updated without any issue, before OC menu appears i have the following message:
"failed to drop ACPI xxx" (can't really read further as it is very small characters and very stealthy).
Then everything boot normally but my BT is no longer working (Intel wireless EFI, see enclosed).
No idea why...
Do you have sufficient info or require more to help me to solve out?
As usual, thanks in advance !
Let's disable AppleVTD and check again. The procedure is listed at the bottom half of this post:

Please try attached config.plist -- copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use. Then check those USB ports again.

These changes were made:
View attachment 531751
View attachment 531750
View attachment 531752
Thank you! made those 4 changes and reset NVRAM in the picker and no dice. The others are still working though. Of note - I get and error message when I first open Open Core Configurator... attached here. Why does it say that? This is before I load the config.plist file. Is this something to be concerned about? Those two ports do work when I boot to the Catalina volume. thanks so much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 2.55.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 2.55.52 PM.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 19
Back