Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Thanks!! I switched to the config.plist you posted and everything seems to work well EXCEPT Monterey does not upgrade from RC1 ro RC2 it just cannot find the upgrade. It says it's up-to-date.

Any idea why?
@CaseySJ Problem with upgrade not showing solved. I switched from iMac20,2 to iMac19,1 and now it sees the upgrade and it's downloading it

Anyone who is planning to migrate to Monterey, on the first day?
I have already migrated since beta 1. It has been rough with OC at times but now with OC 0.7.4 is working ng well

I have already migrated since beta 1. It has been rough with OC at times but now with OC 0.7.4 is working ng well
I am planning to migrate since the last couple of versions are a real agony for me.
What do you think about it? Is it suitable now for work life?

@CaseySJ My hackintosh seems working fine so far, except Netflix and Prime does not stream in Safari with iMac 20,1 configs even with my RX 6900XT. Is there a way to fix it? Would it work if I use the iMacPro1,1 configs? Also, how do you guys control and monitor the temperature of CPU and GPU? I used iStatsMenues, and it shows that my CPU temperature was 102 degree in Celcius, so that is probably wrong. Let me know how you guys control the temp of your CPU and GPU in hackintosh. Thank you!

I am planning to migrate since the last couple of versions are a real agony for me.
What do you think about it? Is it suitable now for work life?
I have been using for months and it works well. Apple Mail finally it's working correctly.

Is there anyone who can provide some assistance please? I am not able to install Windows 10/11 using VirtualBox.

I used a stock Win 10 iso downloaded from Microsoft's website and it works as expected with VMWare & Parallels. However, I am not able to make it boot using VirtualBox.
I did any sort of trial & error: changed all of the options in VirtualBox, tried different versions, disabled VT-D in bios but nothing makes it to work.

The thing is, I really wanted to try VirtualBox if I went from an Intel system to an AMD based one. Also, why not, I wanted to try it for the sake of trying it.

@CaseySJ My hackintosh seems working fine so far, except Netflix and Prime does not stream in Safari with iMac 20,1 configs even with my RX 6900XT. Is there a way to fix it? Would it work if I use the iMacPro1,1 configs? Also, how do you guys control and monitor the temperature of CPU and GPU? I used iStatsMenues, and it shows that my CPU temperature was 102 degree in Celcius, so that is probably wrong. Let me know how you guys control the temp of your CPU and GPU in hackintosh. Thank you!
Are you able to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime using Firefox?

It's been a while since this problem has been reported. You could try:
  • The suggestion in this post.
  • Or switch to iMacPro1,1.
    • Log out of iCloud, change System Product Name in PlatformInfo --> DataHub, and reboot.
    • To switch back, set System Product Name back to its previous setting and reboot. You may then sign back in to iCloud.

Last edited:
Are you able to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime using Firefox?

It's been a while since this problem has been reported. You could try:
  • The suggestion in this post.
  • Or switch to iMacPro1,1.
    • Log out of iCloud, change System Product Name in PlatformInfo --> DataHub, and reboot.
    • To switch back, set System Product Name back to its previous setting and reboot. You may then sign back in to iCloud.
I am able to stream Netflix and Prime videos using Chrome, so I think Firefox works too. However, AppleTV app won't play on my hackintosh. Also, the AMD GPU config.plist works for both iMac 20, 2, and iMacPro 1,1 models right?

@CaseySJ As of now, I can't boot Windows 10 in the OpenCore system picker interface. However, I was able to boot Windows 10 if I switch the drive manually in the BIOS. I was wondering if I can delete that Windows 10 option in the OpenCore interface, and switch OS manually in the bios instead? (Since if I want to use the Bar support option (smart access memory) in Windows I would need to toggle that in the BIOS anyway.) Let me know, thank you!

Back