Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please take a look in your config.plist to confirm whether or not it's present.
Can I use propertree to update the AMD config.plist? Also where is the argument located at? I used your OC 7.4 EFI file. Please let me know and thank you!

Can I use propertree to update the AMD config.plist? Also where is the argument located at? I used your OC 7.4 EFI file. Please let me know and thank you!
We should take a moment to become familiar with OpenCore Configurator. The latest version is 2.52.0.0 available from here.

Simply launch it and set it to 0.7.4 Release Version from its Settings pane:

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.07.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.07.32 PM.png

Now we can check boot-args:
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.08.34 PM.png

P.S. Everyone reading this needs to be familiar with OpenCore settings. OpenCore Configurator is a great way to get acquainted with those settings, and to make yourself more self-sufficient.

So am I golden? Or do I have to changet the boot-arg agdpmod=pikera? I still havent change my intel config.plist to the AMD config.plist yet, does OC configurator automatically require to mount the EFI file before change any argument?
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.25.26 PM.png

Hi, does anybody Aquantia 10Gbps Ethernet stop working after updating to monterey?

Hi @CaseySJ

My build worked without a problem using one monitor but for some reason I get these artifacts on both screens whenever I boot into MacOS with both monitors connected. Booting with 1 monitor connected into MacOS and then connecting the 2nd screen fixes this. Unplugging both monitors and plugging them in again after booting with both connected works as well.
Booting into Windows works perfectly either way.
I don't have my old GTX 780 here currently because I removed it from this build to go for maximum quietness on this build so I can't check if it's related to the iGPU (but considering that it works fine on Windows I'm not sure if that's it).
Do you know if there's any wrong setting or kext that can lead to an issue like that?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20211014_100024.jpg
    20211014_100024.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 37
Hi @CaseySJ

My build worked without a problem using one monitor but for some reason I get these artifacts on both screens whenever I boot into MacOS with both monitors connected. Booting with 1 monitor connected into MacOS and then connecting the 2nd screen fixes this. Unplugging both monitors and plugging them in again after booting with both connected works as well.
Booting into Windows works perfectly either way.
I don't have my old GTX 780 here currently because I removed it from this build to go for maximum quietness on this build so I can't check if it's related to the iGPU (but considering that it works fine on Windows I'm not sure if that's it).
Do you know if there's any wrong setting or kext that can lead to an issue like that?

Thanks in advance!
Some questions:
  • Are you running Big Sur?
  • Are you using UHD630 iGPU with no other GPUs in the system?
  • How are the two different monitors connected?
    • One HDMI, one DP?
    • Both DP?
  • What are the makes/models of the two monitors?

Some questions:
  • Are you running Big Sur?
  • Are you using UHD630 iGPU with no other GPUs in the system?
  • How are the two different monitors connected?
    • One HDMI, one DP?
    • Both DP?
  • What are the makes/models of the two monitors?

Big Sur 11.6 (running as Mac20,1)
yes UHD630 with no other GPUs connected (I did connect the GTX 780 though when I only had 1 monitor connected if that matters)
I'm using 1 HDMI and 1 DP port on the Vision G
Dell U2412M (both)

Never had a problem with dual monitor setups on my OLD hackintosh system.

Please try attached config.plist, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use. The error detected by OCValidate is shown below and has been fixed in the attached file. I've also made a couple additional changes, including:
  • Modified boot-args (please check them)
  • Misc --> Security --> DMG Loading --> Signed

View attachment 531585

@CaseySJ Thanks!! I switched to the config.plist you posted and everything seems to work well EXCEPT Monterey does not upgrade from RC1 ro RC2 it just cannot find the upgrade. It says it's up-to-date.

Any idea why?

Back