Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please try the attached config.plist as follows:
  • Backup or rename existing config.plist
  • Copy attached file to EFI/OC folder in EFI partition
  • Copy serial number back into PlatformInfo section
  • Reboot
Some other thoughts:
  • How old is your Corsair CX-M 550W power supply?
  • Do you have Windows or Linux installed on this machine?
    • If so, does it also crash occasionally, or is it stable?
Using the provided config.plist and will monitor Big Sur install for freezes

Also tried to do a fresh install of Catalina with provided config.plist but it fails like before.

The CX550m was purchased in 2017. I have an RM850x on the way that will replace that.

No other OS's are installed on this machine.

Using the provided config.plist and will monitor Big Sur install for freezes

Also tried to do a fresh install of Catalina with provided config.plist but it fails like before.

The CX550m was purchased in 2017. I have an RM850x on the way that will replace that.

No other OS's are installed on this machine.
The drives you listed earlier are all external drives?
  • 2 Western Digital Passport 2 TB drives, 1 Elements 2 TB drive, 1 Elements 5 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Elements 8 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Seagate One Touch 5 TB drive
What are the makes/models of all NVMe SSDs in the system?

Running Linux from a USB flash disk (without installing it on a SSD) might be a good idea. If Linux also crashes then it suggests a hardware or electrical problem. But if Linux is stable, then the fault is probably in macOS.

How to Run Linux:
  • Download a Linux distro such as Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, Manjaro, etc. with a graphical Desktop.
  • Burn the ISO to a USB flash drive with Balena Etcher.
  • Reboot computer and press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen. Select USB flash disk.
  • When the Linux menu appears, one of the options should be to run Linux “live” without installing it. Select that option.
  • Use Linux (including Firefox browser) for some time to see if the computer crashes or remains stable.

Last edited:
https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore
Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 14.05.08.png

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 14.05.54.png

:rolleyes:

No need to give this guy any publicity here.
  • OC Validate doesn't mean much.
  • HackinDROM is awesome!
  • Extraneous kexts in config.plist are harmless. If the corresponding device does not exist, the kext is not loaded. MacOS itself has a huge list of kexts in /System/Library/Extensions that are not used unless a matching device exists.
  • FakePCIID was very useful in Catalina and Big Sur, but is not compatible with Monterey.
  • How does he expect his users to upgrade OpenCore every month?

No need to give this guy any publicity here.
  • OC Validate doesn't mean much.
  • HackinDROM is awesome!
  • Extraneous kexts in config.plist are harmless. If the corresponding device does not exist, the kext is not loaded. MacOS itself has a huge list of kexts in /System/Library/Extensions that are not used unless a matching device exists.
  • FakePCIID was very useful in Catalina and Big Sur, but is not compatible with Monterey.
  • How does he expect his users to upgrade OpenCore every month?
Yeah, there is nothing that functionally different between what they are doing vs what we are doing. Not sure why they're adding a PPMC device either...

Monterey Public Beta #10: No problem with OpenCore 0.7.4

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.48.05 PM.png

The drives you listed earlier are all external drives?
  • 2 Western Digital Passport 2 TB drives, 1 Elements 2 TB drive, 1 Elements 5 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Elements 8 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Seagate One Touch 5 TB drive
What are the makes/models of all NVMe SSDs in the system?

Running Linux from a USB flash disk (without installing it on a SSD) might be a good idea. If Linux also crashes then it suggests a hardware or electrical problem. But if Linux is stable, then the fault is probably in macOS.

How to Run Linux:
  • Download a Linux distro such as Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, Manjaro, etc. with a graphical Desktop.
  • Burn the ISO to a USB flash drive with Balena Etcher.
  • Reboot computer and press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen. Select USB flash disk.
  • When the Linux menu appears, one of the options should be to run Linux “live” without installing it. Select that option.
  • Use Linux (including Firefox browser) for some time to see if the computer crashes or remains stable.
Internal drives:
  • 1 TB Sabrent Rocket (Revision: RKT343.4) NVMe in slot 1
  • 256 Samsung 850 EVO MZ-N5E250BW M.2 in Slot 2 (Temporarily removed for testing)
  • 256 GB Kingston Q500 SQ500S37/240G SATA
  • 128 GB Samsung 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW SATA
External Drives:
I've installed Kubuntu on a USB drive and spent some time inside the OS. No issues booting, no issues with basic navigation. I did however have Firefox crash while using it. Was able to close and open again. However, while inspecting the crash report, the entire system froze. I was able to capture the report but I'm not sure if there is anything useful in it. Attaching for reference.

Attachments

• Firefox Crash Freeze.jpg
    Firefox Crash Freeze.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 39
Internal drives:
  • 1 TB Sabrent Rocket (Revision: RKT343.4) NVMe in slot 1
  • 256 Samsung 850 EVO MZ-N5E250BW M.2 in Slot 2 (Temporarily removed for testing)
  • 256 GB Kingston Q500 SQ500S37/240G SATA
  • 128 GB Samsung 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW SATA
External Drives:
I've installed Kubuntu on a USB drive and spent some time inside the OS. No issues booting, no issues with basic navigation. I did however have Firefox crash while using it. Was able to close and open again. However, while inspecting the crash report, the entire system froze. I was able to capture the report but I'm not sure if there is anything useful in it. Attaching for reference.
You might have a RAM issue. I had a similar problem of random freezes. After weeks of debugging, the stability problem turned out to be a faulty memory stick.

Corsair honored their warranty and I got a replacement kit within a week. And no more stability problems.

Perhaps, if possible, try using a different memory kit (or if no other memory, try temporarily disabling XMP if it is on) and see if the stability problems remain or disappear.

Last edited:
Good morning, I need a little help for my graphic card.
MB Z490 vision D
CoreI7 10700K
RAM 64GB Gskil Ripjaw PC4-25600
Sapphire RX 5700 nitro+ 8GB
Monitor Benq PD3200U
Catalina at the beginning and Big Sur 11.6 now

Starting from some month ago I noticed using Photoshop that graphic performances worsen a lot. At the beginning I thought that the problem was Photoshop because I benchmarked my RX5700 using engine heaven engine and all seems running fine
it depends on the new version of Photoshop was my idea.
Yesterday I used again VMWare Fusion to test some application in a virtual machine and surprise...
Also fusion graphics performed very very bad
Fusion is updated (12.1.2) VMWare tools too and side channel mitigation disabled to gain max performances; here
Link to the screen recording
You can see a screen recording of graphic performances inside VMWare; the running virtual machine is OSX High Sierra

Does anyone experienced something similar? Any suggestion to regain full performances from my RX5700?
Thanks!

Attachments

• monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 46
@CaseySJ Hi, I solved the problem with the PCIe SATA card not being bootable by enabling CSM which I had disabled. Posting in case someone else has the same probelm.

One problem I have been having, beside everything working well is with an app called EpocCam which allows you to use the iPhone as a camera.

It worked very well in my previous build (z390F) but since I have upgraded over the weekend to z490 v.D it show just a gray screen. It seems to be active (it responds to change in the orientation) but no video.

I wonder if it could be a USB problem, I tried to change ports but to no avail. There are a few other USB glitches, e.g. the internal Front Panel USB 3.1 type C (SS01, SS02, HS01) does not seem to work. I have connected it to a hub which fits the CD/DVD drive slot and it does not work. I know the hub works because if I connect it to the Front Panel USB 3 connector (SS05/06) it works.

Could it be the USBInjectAll.kext, can I get rid of it? I do not need all the USB ports, what would I use for SSDT-USBW.aml?

Back