Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

That was a hard lesson to learn! I'll pin this to Post 1.

Update:

View attachment 530714
Hello.

For the record, One more thing.

Thunderbolt3 works when SSDT-DTPG.AML is enabled. (I don't know why, but it might be related to tb3?)
If someone wants to use GC Titan ridge, instead of #3, they need to enable SSDT-DTPG.aml. (SSDT-TB3hp.aml is still disabled.)

Thank you!

Hello.

For the record, One more thing.

Thunderbolt3 works when SSDT-DTPG.AML is enabled. (I don't know why, but it might be related to tb3?)
If someone wants to use GC Titan ridge, instead of #3, they need to enable SSDT-DTPG.aml. (SSDT-TB3hp.aml is still disabled.)

Thank you!
The Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT (SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml or SSDT-TB3HP.aml) requires SSDT-DTPG.

Let's do this:
  • Compress and post the entire OpenCore EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo section of config.plist.
  • List the make/model of the following components:
    • CPU cooler
    • Memory
    • PCIe cards
    • Thunderbolt devices attached to system, if any
    • USB devices plugged into internal USB headers
    • USB devices connected to external USB ports
    • Power supply
  • Then squeeze all power cables to make sure every cable is fully and properly seated
  • Also check all SATA power and SATA data cables
  • Have you connected the 8-pin CPU power connector?
  • Compressed EFI folder attached
  • Make/model of components
    • CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler
    • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 8GB x 4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZB
    • Fenvi FV-T919 Wireless AC1300 PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter attached to internal USB header
    • No thunderbolt devices
    • 2 Western Digital Passport 2 TB drives, 1 Elements 2 TB drive, 1 Elements 5 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Elements 8 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Seagate One Touch 5 TB drive
    • CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply
    • Sapphire 11266-09-20G Radeon Nitro+ Rx 570 8GB
  • Will go through all power cables after I post this
  • 8-Pin CPU power is connected

Attachments

• deocder EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Compressed EFI folder attached
  • Make/model of components
    • CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler
    • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 8GB x 4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZB
    • Fenvi FV-T919 Wireless AC1300 PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter attached to internal USB header
    • No thunderbolt devices
    • 2 Western Digital Passport 2 TB drives, 1 Elements 2 TB drive, 1 Elements 5 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Elements 8 TB drive (externally powered), 1 Seagate One Touch 5 TB drive
    • CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply
    • Sapphire 11266-09-20G Radeon Nitro+ Rx 570 8GB
  • Will go through all power cables after I post this
  • 8-Pin CPU power is connected
Please try the attached config.plist as follows:
  • Backup or rename existing config.plist
  • Copy attached file to EFI/OC folder in EFI partition
  • Copy serial number back into PlatformInfo section
  • Reboot
Some other thoughts:
  • How old is your Corsair CX-M 550W power supply?
  • Do you have Windows or Linux installed on this machine?
    • If so, does it also crash occasionally, or is it stable?

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.3 KB · Views: 36
Hey Casey,

I followed your guide for installing OpenIntelWireless drivers and I'm running into some trouble. I created the USB Flash Disk with the new EFI folder and config.plist. When I boot from that flash drive I get the following errors shown in the image below. I don't have any changes to my OpenCore configuration and I just did a fresh install of the latest OpenCore and Big Sur.

IMG_3831.JPG

Hey Casey,

I followed your guide for installing OpenIntelWireless drivers and I'm running into some trouble. I created the USB Flash Disk with the new EFI folder and config.plist. When I boot from that flash drive I get the following errors showing in the image below. I don't have any changes to my OpenCore configuration and I just did a fresh install of the latest OpenCore and Big Sur.

View attachment 530736
If you used OpenCore Configurator, what version number was shown in the title bar? Here's an example:
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 4.33.42 PM.png

If you open the EFI folder in Finder, what are the modification dates for BOOTx64.efi and OpenCore.efi?
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 4.48.17 PM.png

Incidentally, when we use OpenCore Configurator (or even a text editor like BBEdit) we should not mount more than one EFI partition at a time. There's a bug in either macOS or in many third party apps that results in files getting mixed up between two or more EFI partitions.

Rule of Thumb: Only mount one EFI partition at a time when editing config.plist

April 5th. I just saw you posted an update for OC on October 4th. Let me go through that update and see if it works. Apologies.
No worries. April 5th is OpenCore 0.6.9 I believe. It's necessary to replace the entire EFI folder with the new one downloaded from the mini-guide.

Back