Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Niche ask:
Does anyone here have an Apple Airport card in a miniPCIe to PCIe adapter AND have Airdrop working after sleep (Big Sur)? I have everything else working after sleep (continuity, handoff, general Bluetooth) but NOT Airdrop (my hackintosh shows up in Airdrop, but sending files to it results in endlessly 'Waiting...') I'm currently using only BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext; none of the RAMUSB firmware injectors. Cheers!
This may be a larger or more widespread issue. Even with Fenvi FV-T919 on Z490 Vision D (Monterey Public Beta #9) AirDrop fails after wake-from-sleep, but is okay as long as no sleep cycle has occurred.

@leekh3 I have the same Vision G and GC-Titan Ridge (rev 2) and managed to connect the 3pin and 5pin thunderbolt headers to my motherboard fine (the 5-pin one was a little tricky). That seems strange that yours doesn't fit!

While I sip on a fresh latté at a craft coffee shop, let me provide this initial reply:
  • Your iPhone uses USB 2.0 protocol
  • On the Vision G motherboard we have disabled a lot of USB 2.0 ports in order to maintain a 15-port limit.
  • Some USB 2.0 ports are, however, active.
  • Please refer to OpenCore 0.7.1 mini-guide for list of closed ports.
Regarding sleep, ensure that “Wake for network access” is disabled in “System Preferences —> Energy Saver”.
Thank you so much. Regarding USB ports, that makes sense.

Regarding sleep, "Wake for network access" is disabled already, but it still does not work.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.16.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.16.52 PM.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 36
Thank you so much. Regarding USB ports, that makes sense.

Regarding sleep, "Wake for network access" is disabled already, but it still does not work.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you so much!
Most sleep issues are caused by USB devices so we apply the process of elimination by first disconnecting every single USB device (except a simple USB keyboard and USB mouse) to see if sleep works. If so, we reconnect USB devices one by one and check sleep after each one is connected.

More complicated sleep issues require a fair bit of experimentation on one's own. Here's a guide for that:

Thanks! Did the 3-pin and 5-pin Thunderbolt header cables come with your GC-Titan Ridge? Previous poster stated that the 5-pin header cable did not fit the Z490 Vision G’s header…
Yes, I received both those AND a USB connector cable with the GC-Titan Ridge card.
The 5-pin is tricky ... Only ONE of the two ends work on the motherboard so orienting it properly is an element of success ... ;)

Just wanted to let you know that I loaded BlueToolFixup (latest version), but no luck. Same as before: menu bar icon has a slash through it, I can use that icon to seemingly enable bluetooth, but in the sysprefs icon, it's there and nothing works.

Not sure this is useful, but I am attaching my bootlog and a kextstat

But, as always, your willingness to help is greatly appreciated.

Do you dual boot Windows by any chance? If so then you will probably have to do a cold reboot after going into Windows and before booting macOS.

Windows loads its own firmware onto the bluetooth module when it boots and macOS does not overwrite it with its own firmware. Often only way to clear it, and thus allowing it to work with macOS, is by doing a cold boot (turn off the PSU for at least 10 seconds)

Most sleep issues are caused by USB devices so we apply the process of elimination by first disconnecting every single USB device (except a simple USB keyboard and USB mouse) to see if sleep works. If so, we reconnect USB devices one by one and check sleep after each one is connected.

More complicated sleep issues require a fair bit of experimentation on one's own. Here's a guide for that:
Thank you. I just tested using only mouse into USB, but it still cannot sleep. I will look into your link.

Thank you!

Thank you. I just tested using only mouse into USB, but it still cannot sleep. I will look into your link.

Thank you!
Just to confirm: Have you tried disconnecting all USB devices from the internal USB headers? This includes Bluetooth data cable from Fenvi or equivalent Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Just to confirm: Have you tried disconnecting all USB devices from the internal USB headers? This includes Bluetooth data cable from Fenvi or equivalent Broadcom WiFi/BT card.
Oh. I didnt fenvi and gc titan brige usb. I will check it out.

No Internal USB (= No Fenvi and No GC TB): Sleep like baby
Only Fenvi: Right after sleep, PC waked up
Only GC TB: Right after sleep, PC waked up

Looks like Internal USB ports have some issues. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Back