Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Thank u for your help again.

I found that everything works smoothly except for two things:

1. Fenvi T919 wifi works, but bluetooth does not work. (On windows, bluetooth works)

FYI, i have used hakindtom opencore 0.7.4 with z490 vision g (not vision d) setup..

2. GC titan ridge (rev2) question

I connected PCI power, USB connector (into f-usb1), and 3 pin connector (into 3 pin connector). Also, that chip is connected on PCIx4 whis is the last long one. However, I couldn’t connect 5 pin connector. (I tried to connect it on mothetboard, but couldnt because of connector-end size). Do i need to conmect also 5pin connector? (Please see the attached picture for its diagram)

But, thunderbolt option did not show up on Bios. (Like security option?)

For testing, i connected one TB3 based storage on Windows/Mac, but it did not work. If there any better ways to test if thundrbolt works, i will test it.
I am using f8c bios. (The reason is… rx580 did not work and couldnt enter bios when i use f6). (I also followed your TB related guide, and made aml file and used it on Mac. But couldnt configure TB3 setup on mothrtboard bios because nothing showed up)

If thundrbolt thing is complicated, i can still return it (amazon)

Thank you for your time again! :)

Attachments

• B03C1A5C-B677-41FC-8470-FF7970C70B5D.png
    B03C1A5C-B677-41FC-8470-FF7970C70B5D.png
    2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
@CaseySJ Thank u for your help again.

I found that everything works smoothly except for two things:

1. Fenvi T919 wifi works, but bluetooth does not work. (On windows, bluetooth works)

FYI, i have used hakindtom opencore 0.7.4 with z490 vision g (not vision d) setup..

2. GC titan ridge (rev2) question

I connected PCI power, USB connector (into f-usb1), and 3 pin connector (into 3 pin connector). Also, that chip is connected on PCIx4 whis is the last long one. However, I couldn’t connect 5 pin connector. (I tried to connect it on mothetboard, but couldnt because of connector-end size). Do i need to conmect also 5pin connector? (Please see the attached picture for its diagram)

But, thunderbolt option did not show up on Bios. (Like security option?)

For testing, i connected one TB3 based storage on Windows/Mac, but it did not work. If there any better ways to test if thundrbolt works, i will test it.
I am using f8c bios. (The reason is… rx580 did not work and couldnt enter bios when i use f6). (I also followed your TB related guide, and made aml file and used it on Mac. But couldnt configure TB3 setup on mothrtboard bios because nothing showed up)

If thundrbolt thing is complicated, i can still return it (amazon)

Thank you for your time again! :)
Z490 Vision G has two Thunderbolt headers, but only one should be connected. If the 5-pin cable does not fit the motherboard, then it's okay to use the 3-pin cable.

However, you should be able to see Thunderbolt settings in BIOS --> IO Ports --> Thunderbolt. Are you sure those settings don't exist?

img02.png

47C122E8-3E26-4DA2-A275-8AE93F8A39A4.jpeg
Z490 Vision G has two Thunderbolt headers, but only one should be connected. If the 5-pin cable does not fit the motherboard, then it's okay to use the 3-pin cable.

However, you should be able to see Thunderbolt settings in BIOS --> IO Ports --> Thunderbolt. Are you sure those settings don't exist?

View attachment 530576
No there was no option. (Can it be…. My motherboard is bad one? Looks like gpu not stable when i used a certain bios and tb3 option no showed up)

No there was no option. (Can it be…. My motherboard is bad one? Looks like gpu not stable when i used a certain bios and tb3 option no showed up)

** Z490 Vision G Owners with GC-Titan Ridge **

If anyone has a Z490 Vision G with a GC-Titan Ridge card, are you using a 3-pin or 5-pin Thunderbolt header cable? If so, does BIOS contain options for enabling and configuring Thunderbolt?

• If you're using the OpenCore EFI from this thread, then you can ignore those Config Checker warnings.
  • What do you mean by "Is AMD Zen correct for I7 10700"? Do you mean AMD Radeon? The RX 570 can certainly be used with the Intel i7-10700 processor.
  • To check if AppleVTD is active, simply download and run IORegistryExplorer and check the device tree on the left side. It should be there in the first 15 lines.
  • BIOS F5 is still recommended.

BTW, updating from OpenCore 0.6.0 to 0.7.4 suddenly the BlackMagic started working again. Here is hoping things remain functional after the Big Sur upgrade.

Thanks

@CaseySJ Now, the only thing didn't work is Bluetooth. I found that Bluetooth/WIFI works great on Windows. However, it does not work on MAC. 7

MAC (Hakintosh): WIFI (O), Bluetooth (X)
Windows: WIFI (O), Bluetooth (O)

FYI, I am using NZXT 510 case which has a small number of ports. (1 USB 3 and 1 USB-c port).

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 9.33.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 9.33.34 PM.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 41
@CaseySJ Now, the only thing didn't work is Bluetooth. I found that bluetooth/WIFI works great on Windows. However, it does not work on MAC. 7

MAC (Hakintosh): WIFI (O), Bluetooth (X)
Windows: WIFI (O), Bluetooth (O)

FYI, I am using NZXT 510 case which has a small number of ports. (1 usb3 and 1 usb-c port).

Thank you!!
@CaseySJ

Never mind. I have updated Hakindrom with the latest version, and it works great now!

Thank you!

Here is a link to a procedure for converting MBR to GPT, but it requires booting into Windows.
Have you tried a cold start (power down, flip PSU power switch to OFF for 10 seconds, then power back up)? If so, does Windows appear as a boot option in the BIOS Boot Menu (press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen)?
I found a a tool called Disk Genius, it did the pretty good no hassle, but the issue remains the same.
I tried cold boot, (but it didn't work)

I have Hackindron 2.04 with OpenCore 0.7.4, and I can see the Windows SSD drive on my Finder. I can navigate on the folders and etc, but I can't boot (with F12) or on opencore boot, and I can only see the SSD at IO PORTS/ AHCI SSD, and I can't see at the boot section.
How that is possible?
Thanks for any help.
Fab
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.10.03 AM.png

Back