Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

• If you're using the OpenCore EFI from this thread, then you can ignore those Config Checker warnings.
  • What do you mean by "Is AMD Zen correct for I7 10700"? Do you mean AMD Radeon? The RX 570 can certainly be used with the Intel i7-10700 processor.
  • To check if AppleVTD is active, simply download and run IORegistryExplorer and check the device tree on the left side. It should be there in the first 15 lines.
  • BIOS F5 is still recommended.
I had not used the config checker before. It defaulted to AMD cpu. When I realized, I changed it to SkyLake and there were far less errors. I don't have AppleVTD. Looks like some of the prerequisites are already correct, but I have more to do apparently. How exactly can you verify what version of OpenCore you are on?

So excited to be doing my first build with this guide! No more Vision D's left on Amazon but picked up a Vision G with Thunderbolt add-on.

My question (apologies if already buried in these incredible 770 pages - I searched!) is should I also stick to BIOS version F5 using the Vision G? I noticed the Vision G's F5 BIOS has the old UI, so had me wondering how closely it matches with Vision D's.

What is the ACPI error you're given?
The error is ACPI_BIOS_ERROR on the BSOD. Just realised that your SSDT and @CaseySJ simplified one is in 0.7.4. Going to give it a try.

@CaseySJ and @canyondust I can confirm that the new GPRW SSDT in 0.7.4 works and allows to boot windows 10 with no ACPI error and also allows macos to sleep and stay asleep (wake up via the power button). A big thank you guys !!!! No more juggling with the F12 key :)

Of course! :)

We can in fact simplify it as follows:
JavaScript:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "Slav", "GPRW", 0x00000000)
{
    External (XPRW, MethodObj)    // 2 Arguments

Method (GPRW, 2, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
        {
            While (One)
            {
                If ((0x6D == Arg0))
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x6D,
                        Zero
                    })
                }

If ((0x0D == Arg0))
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D,
                        Zero
                    })
                }

Break
            }
        }

Return (XPRW (Arg0, Arg1))
    }
}

so just so I'm reading the code right, this would imply the macOS only ever expects Arg0 to be either 0x6D or 0x0D, and Arg1 is always Zero (or false)?
(edited: mistakes)

Yup, don’t need the While loop either. That will have to wait for November and OpenCore 0.7.5!
C-like:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "Slav", "GPRW", 0x00000000)
{
    External (XPRW, MethodObj)    // 2 Arguments

Method (GPRW, 2, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
        {
            If ((0x6D == Arg0))
            {
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x6D,
                    Zero
                })
            }

If ((0x0D == Arg0))
            {
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x0D,
                    Zero
                })
            }
        }

Return (XPRW (Arg0, Arg1))
    }
}

Tried doing first install on my Vision G using "EFI-074-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip", however was hitting the error below after choosing 'Install MacOS'. Reverted to OC 0.7.3 and everything went smooth.

OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44 - Not found

Tried doing first install on my Vision G using "EFI-074-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip", however was hitting the error below after choosing 'Install MacOS'. Reverted to OC 0.7.3 and everything went smooth.

OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44 - Not found
That is referring to DMAR table, but the name is backwards: RAMD.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 12.52.01 PM.png

If you upgrade again to OC 0.7.4, please post screenshot of this:
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 12.49.33 PM.png

Running 11.6 with OC 0.7.4 updated from 0.7.3 using HackinDROM 2.0.2, thanks to CaseySJ excellent 0.7.2 guide.
All updates OC and OS since that have been smooth and easy.
WiFi, the blue tooth (YOUBO Dual Band WiFi Card BCM94360CD), continuity, and sleep are working very well.
Initial 30 min "Turn display off after" changed to 10 min without affecting the sleep function.
Some observation on CC 6.0.4-b1 (7213); it doesn't update EFI or place EFI in the backup hards drive (in my case, it is M2 WDS100T2B0C), despite recommended settings in Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant. Anybody else observing this CC behavior?

Attachments

• HackinDROM_2.0.2 .png
    HackinDROM_2.0.2 .png
    164.3 KB · Views: 54
Running 11.6 with OC 0.7.4 updated from 0.7.3 using HackinDROM 2.0.2, thanks to CaseySJ excellent 0.7.2 guide.
All updates OC and OS since that have been smooth and easy.
WiFi, the blue tooth (YOUBO Dual Band WiFi Card BCM94360CD), continuity, and sleep are working very well.
Initial 30 min "Turn display off after" changed to 10 min without affecting the sleep function.
Some observation on CC 6.0.4-b1 (7213); it doesn't update EFI or place EFI in the backup hards drive (in my case, it is M2 WDS100T2B0C), despite recommended settings in Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant. Anybody else observing this CC behavior?
Please check the EFIClone.sh script as follows:

First, check if CCC has full Disk Access as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.39.47 PM.png

Now select Reveal CCC's Scripts folder:
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.40.01 PM.png

Expand the Scripts folder as shown and open EFIClone.sh in a text editor.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.40.11 PM.png

Finally, check if TEST_SWITCH="N".
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.41.50 PM.png

Also check that the script was downloaded from here:

Back