Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Efi will be slightly different, especially for USB port mapping as well as probably no thunderbolt hotplug ssdt for the vision g since it doesn’t have thunderbolt.

@CaseySJ maintains an efi for the vision g. You just have to look for it. It’s out there somewhere. You can also maintain your own efi it’s not too hard to do once you get the basics down.
Thank you very much

I only want to know for sure the z490 vision g uses the same efi of the vision D
Yo can use the same EFI and make some additional adjustment which you can find in first post of these thread, just scroll post to "Modifications for Z490 Vision G".

I have Z490 Vision G and it works very well.

Yo can use the same EFI and make some additional adjustment which you can find in first post of these thread, just scroll post to "Modifications for Z490 Vision G".

Thank you for the tip

Thank you for the tip

I only want to know for sure the z490 vision g uses the same efi of the vision D

Or at least I doesn’t need much adjustment
The OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI for Z490 Vision G is located here:
It is also available through HackinDROM:
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 8.20.02 AM.png

About the UPS - Yes I have one.

About the Windows No success. Honestly I don't know what to do.
I have the Windows SSD drive working perfectly in my hackintosh. But like I said, I can't find in the bios, or at OpenCore.
I appreciate your help.
Fab
Some questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore is currently installed?
  • Does the Windows SSD contain an EFI partition?
  • If so, try this:
    • Boot into macOS
    • Mount EFI partition of Windows SSD
    • Open the EFI partition in Finder
    • Expand all of the top-level folders only (not sub-folders)
    • Post screenshot

@CaseySJ A bit more info on my issue with windows 10 crashing when booting from the OC picker. I have plugged in a Windows 10 bootable NVMe drive which is in a usb-c enclosure. Upon starting upon the system, the usb drive appears in the Oc picker. When I select it, same issue: windows logo spins for around 2-3s then blue screen with error code: acpi_bios_error stop code. So definitely something with OC picker since version 0.6.2.
I have looked on the net for various solutions, tried most of them but still no luck.

Also read that the main issue is that OC injects ACPI to all OSes including Windows. One solution was to add if(_DARWIN) to all SSDT under "methods". All my SSDTs have that statement except for DTPG. So following so guides I disabled it, rebooted windows and same issues. So I am stuck at this point is time. another solution is pointing at using rEFind bootloader instead of the OC bootloader but I'd rather stick to OC.

I also mounted my windows EFI partition. Here is a screenshot. does that look ok?
View attachment 529910

In particular the boot folder (not the one under microsoft) which contains bootx64.efi
Your Windows EFI partition looks fine.

Please try the attached config.plist, which disables AppleVTD. Serial numbers should be copied to PlatformInfo before use.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.2 KB · Views: 35
The OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI for Z490 Vision G is located here:
It is also available through HackinDROM:
View attachment 529925
Thank you, you are all amazing

Unfortunately, even the Z490 Vision G is either not currently available in Germany (only a refurbished one) or is quite expensive.

Would an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi work as well?

Is it also correct that the #1 M.2 Slot is not available when using a 10th gen CPU with a Z590 chipset? Will the other M.2 slots work?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, even the Z490 Vision G is either not currently available in Germany (only a refurbished one) or is quite expensive.

Would an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi work as well?

Is it also correct that the #1 M.2 Slot is not available when using a 10th gen CPU with a Z590 chipset? Will the other M.2 slots work?

Thanks!
Yeah we have the same problem here in Italy but I think I can do something if I can find a refurbished vision d and 2 refurbished vision g

Back