Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ @canyondust, Here is an update concerning the previously discussed video playback issues while using Luna.

I order and received a Blackmagic design deckling studio 4K PCIe Capture/Playback card which performs flawlessly.

I took my plight to members of the Universal Audio forum. These are the individuals responsible for the Luna Daw. I got what at first seemed to be an unbelievable response from a member. He suggested utilizing a DisplayPort to Hdmi (passive) cable. A quick inquiry from the rest of my team, we had not tried this as a solution. We did and it works, perfectly!! No clue why, how ever it does.

Working... Two 34" 4k monitors AND a 55" 4k television driven by an Asus TUF Radeon RX 5700XT. All at 30Hz.

Thank you so very much, for your time, suggestions and assistance with the issue.

Sincerely,

Tony.

IMG_1066.jpeg

Hey Guys, Anyone knows why Hackindrom is not creating new EFI's? I cannot select Vendor/Motherboard etc.
@CaseySJ, do you have a 0.7.3 EFI for the Z490 Vision D?

Hey Guys, Anyone knows why Hackindrom is not creating new EFI's? I cannot select Vendor/Motherboard etc.
@CaseySJ, do you have a 0.7.3 EFI for the Z490 Vision D?
Just noticed that when first time we go into Create EFI we can't select a Vendor
But if we go back to the main window then go back again to Create EFI then it is working

Hi! I have the z490 Vision D Downloaded EFI 0.73 intel wifi .Did all the instructions. It boots and wifi is working, but Firefox will not start, and browsing in Safari is very unstable. The other EFI 0.73 Vison D is working great on ethernet.
Anyone?

Last edited:
Hi! I have the z490 Vision D Downloaded EFI 0.73 intel firewire .Did all the instructions. It boots and wifi is working, but Firefox will not start, and browsing in Safari is very unstable. ...
Some questions:
  • Is this a brand new system? In other words, it contains a fresh installation of macOS?
    • If so, was Migration Assistant used to transfer files and folders from a previous Hackintosh or Macintosh?
  • What version of macOS is this? Big Sur 11.6?
  • When you try to launch Firefox, does its icon simply jump up and down on the Dock? Or do you also see a crash error message?
  • When you say "Safari is very unstable", what does that mean?

Has anyone seen this issue?
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.32.15 PM.png

I'm trying to update Catalina to the latest security update.
I download, it beings, then restarts, and it just doesn't take! OC Picker only shows my main boot drive.
Very strange because I've done plenty of updates this way with no issues. I have 25gb free on my boot drive...

Just noticed that when first time we go into Create EFI we can't select a Vendor
But if we go back to the main window then go back again to Create EFI then it is working
I tried that again this morning and still does not work.

Has anyone seen this issue?
View attachment 529131
I'm trying to update Catalina to the latest security update.
I download, it beings, then restarts, and it just doesn't take! OC Picker only shows my main boot drive.
Very strange because I've done plenty of updates this way with no issues. I have 25gb free on my boot drive...
Two suggestions:
  • Try to free up more disk space if possible.
  • Try changing csr-active-config (SIP) to 67000000 (in config.plist --> NVRAM)

I deleted and re-installed it, now it works fine. Thank You

Some questions:
  • Is this a brand new system? In other words, it contains a fresh installation of macOS?
    • If so, was Migration Assistant used to transfer files and folders from a previous Hackintosh or Macintosh?
  • What version of macOS is this? Big Sur 11.6?
  • When you try to launch Firefox, does its icon simply jump up and down on the Dock? Or do you also see a crash error message?
  • When you say "Safari is very unstable", what does that mean?
Brand new system, with Catalina installed using your guide. No transfer from previous hackintosh. Firefox jumps up and down and then I get a crash error message. Safari is unable to load websites I often use.

Back