Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

The counter argument here is if Luna IS heavily leveraging GPU computation, two video cards could introduce more instability if the OS cannot properly distribute processing in a multi-card configuration (of this type, as opposed to the dual-gpu trash cans or new Mac Pro)
@canyondust, very interesting point. All will be answered in due time. Awaiting deliveries.

Tony.

@CaseySJ, Will do. I have dedicated Monday evening for experimentation. Hope to get it all resolved.

I dislike having to use an additional synced trashcan just for visual content playback.

Strangely enough, (do not laugh) I feel like I am cheating:shh: on the hackintosh, having to incorporate an authentic MacPro.

:lol::D:lol:
Well, I purchased an Apple 13" MacBook Pro 2020 so I'm guilty of the same! I switched to Hackintosh in November 2018 only because my 2008 Mac Pro had reached end-of-support and there were no comparable (modular) alternatives available from Apple.

Hello everybody... I have update the new version Big Sur 11.6 any issues, all working fine as always.
@CaseySJ I try to disable the "OpenUsbKbDxe" on EFI drivers in the config.plist and work it too (I just wait the update OpenCore Configurator to the right version for OC 0.7.3).
Thank you :clap:

Hello @joe6187,

Is this problem happening on your lovely custom-modded build? You're using a Keychron K1 keyboard with that build, which is the same keyboard I am using to type this message from my Z490 Vision D. My Keychron K1 is connected via USB and it works correctly during BIOS and OpenCore Picker.

Please let me know if you are using a different keyboard.
Yep, that is the one, I love my K1 keybroad, will spend some time fix the config piles, Thanks for reply let me know urs no issue.

Hello everybody! I´ve just build a Hackintosh with Gigabyte z490 Vision D and intel i9 10900K Everything works using OC 0.7.3, exept the processor is stuck on 800mhz in BIOS. BIOS 5. Should I upgrade the BIOS? Any ideas anyone?

Hello @sckn,

Some questions:
  • When did the sleep problem first occur? Was it there since the first day you installed macOS? Or did the problem occur recently?
  • Sleep issues are most often due to USB issues. What are the makes/models of all USB devices connected (a) internally and (b) externally?
  • If you temporarily go back to OpenCore 0.7.2, does the system fail to enter sleep?

My device --from the first day-- never slept until yesterday.
Now, my device can sleep and wake without any problem. I just disabled the entry about sleep/wake from the note of the update. And it works!

I really thank you, fellas! Your effort is really pushing the community to a better way!
Also, migrating from an old device to this build is so far the best decision I have ever made this year!

Just some thoughts:
  • Apple sent a Questionnaire to many of their iPad mini customers (myself included) asking about our thoughts on the product and what we'd like to see.
    • This happened about a year ago.
    • Now I'm seeing rumors of a new iPad mini 6 that just might incorporate most of the feedback.
My iPad mini hopes and dreams have come true!! :) Looks like Apple listened to us!

** OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI for Z490 Vision G, not D **

I just upgraded from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 using HackinDROM and now, when I am at the OC picker, both keyboard and mouse do not respond at all. Actually, if I press any key on the keyboard I see that the pointing arrow changes to a circular arrow, so the keyboard is "recognized", but I am not able to confirm nor move the cursor. I just have to wait for the system to boot.
What could be the reason...?

I just upgraded from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 using HackinDROM and now, when I am at the OC picker, both keyboard and mouse do not respond at all. Actually, if I press any key on the keyboard I see that the pointing arrow changes to a circular arrow, so the keyboard is "recognized", but I am not able to confirm nor move the cursor. I just have to wait for the system to boot.
What could be the reason...?
  • What is the make/model of the keyboard?
  • What is the make/model of the mouse?
  • Please try disabling the UEFI driver: OpenUsbKbDxe
Some keyboards and mice are having this problem, so letting us know the make/model of your keyboard and mouse will help us determine which devices are affected. I may remove this driver from the next OpenCore release.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 11.22.19 AM.png

So, I hope everyone has heard about this new dangerous hack on Mac systems (primarily iPads, iPhones, but also Macbooks and almost anything that uses iMessage. I have two Catalina systems (both are production) and I found security upgrades released just today. I believe even Big Sur systems are also affected.

Here's a link to one of the many articles on this vulnerability: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/09/13/pegasus-spyware-new-exploit-apple/

Here's another link on this vulnerability: https://securityboulevard.com/2021/09/apple-patches-pegasus-spyware-flaw-for-ios-devices-macs/

Back