Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

EDIT: After reboot eveything is back to normal !

You are right !
Did update of OC 0.72 to 0.73 smoothly. Thanks a lot.
However when relaunching I get this message (not a big deal...).
I believe it should be easy to solve out ;-) But how?
For OpenCore updates I always use OCConfigCompare and ocvalidate...clean, no dependency on other apps. Never any issues.

OpenCore Configurator 2.49.0.1 screws my config.
I used it to modify an OpenCore 071 & 072 configurations and I get plenty of drivers error at boot.
Is there a way out or I have to edit with something else?
Thanks a lot.

I used it to modify an OpenCore 071 & 072 configurations and I get plenty of drivers error at boot.
Thanks a lot.
which is best not to use configurators....

use xcode or PlistEditPro to edit your config.plist

Plist editor from the App store is also a good choice.

Thanks a lot.
  • Are you using OCC simply to modify your 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 config files for OC 0.7.1 / OC 0.7.2?
    • If so, OCC 2.49.0.1 cannot be used for this because it only supports OC 0.7.3 and 0.7.4.
  • Are you using OpenCore Configurator to upgrade your 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 config files to 0.7.3?
    • If so, did you set OpenCore Configurator to 0.7.3 Release Version? By default it will be 0.7.4 Development Version. I just tested it, and it works perfectly.
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 8.39.01 AM.png

Last edited:
It's perfectly okay to connect a second GPU, but the same problem could very well occur on that one as well. That's why it's best to first determine what might be causing the problem.

Here's a simple experiment:
  • Disconnect the two monitors from your 5700 XT
  • Connect only the TV
  • Does the GPU still go to 100%?
  • If so, then adding a second GPU (RX 580) may not be a solution.

Any available long slot is okay. It's best to use the first and second slots, in which case both operate at x8. This is more than 100000% okay because you're not playing games or using the GPU for extreme tasks. Fortunately no changes to config.plist will be needed. MacOS will auto-detect both GPUs without any issue.
The counter argument here is if Luna IS heavily leveraging GPU computation, two video cards could introduce more instability if the OS cannot properly distribute processing in a multi-card configuration (of this type, as opposed to the dual-gpu trash cans or new Mac Pro)

I must say that 0.7.3 solved my sleep issue, my device goes into sleep now. And doesn't wake up. ‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyone experiencing this issue?

Edit: grammar.
Edit: emoji.

Last edited:
I must say that 0.7.3 solved my sleep issue, my device goes into sleep now. And doesn't wake up. ‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyone experiencing this issue?

Edit: grammar.
Edit: emoji.
Hello @sckn,

Some questions:
  • When did the sleep problem first occur? Was it there since the first day you installed macOS? Or did the problem occur recently?
  • Sleep issues are most often due to USB issues. What are the makes/models of all USB devices connected (a) internally and (b) externally?
  • If you temporarily go back to OpenCore 0.7.2, does the system fail to enter sleep?

Hi Casey
I deal with same issue, disabling "OpenUsbKb" by Propertree still no luck, is it the USBInjectAll cause problem?
Thanks
Joe
Hello @joe6187,

Is this problem happening on your lovely custom-modded build? You're using a Keychron K1 keyboard with that build, which is the same keyboard I am using to type this message from my Z490 Vision D. My Keychron K1 is connected via USB and it works correctly during BIOS and OpenCore Picker.

Please let me know if you are using a different keyboard.

Back