Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

One more quick comment: Is Deep Color (HDR) enabled on the TV? If so, we should disable that mode and see what happens.
@CaseySJ, hmmmm. great question. A new possible solution to try when I get in on Monday.

I have seen the prompt appear at boot. I have turned off HDR with-in display prefs. for the two monitors, but never for the television.

For the last two to three years, 85 to 90% of the productions supplied are HDR or Dolby Vision format.
The televisions in use are HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision capable however, the 5700 XT is just HDR10.

What is your opinion concerning the addition of a second video card to the system? A RX580 or even another 5700 XT for the television.

Which Pci slot and what changes to the config.plist are needed?

Tony.

Last edited:

What is your opinion concerning the addition of a second video card to the system? A RX580 or even another 5700 XT for the television.
It's perfectly okay to connect a second GPU, but the same problem could very well occur on that one as well. That's why it's best to first determine what might be causing the problem.

Here's a simple experiment:
  • Disconnect the two monitors from your 5700 XT
  • Connect only the TV
  • Does the GPU still go to 100%?
  • If so, then adding a second GPU (RX 580) may not be a solution.

Any available long slot is okay. It's best to use the first and second slots, in which case both operate at x8. This is more than 100000% okay because you're not playing games or using the GPU for extreme tasks. Fortunately no changes to config.plist will be needed. MacOS will auto-detect both GPUs without any issue.

@CaseySJ, hmmmm. great question. A new possible solution to try when I get in on Monday.

I have seen the prompt appear at boot. I have turned off HDR with-in display prefs. for the two monitors, but never for the television.

For the last two to three years, 85 to 90% of the productions supplied are HDR or Dolby Vision format.
The televisions in use are HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision capable however, the 5700 XT is just HDR10.

Tony.
Wow, you get HDR files for your cutting copy?! That’s awesome..

It's perfectly okay to connect a second GPU, but the same problem could very well occur on that one as well. That's why it's best to first determine what might be causing the problem.

Here's a simple experiment:
  • Disconnect the two monitors from your 5700 XT
  • Connect only the TV
  • Does the GPU still go to 100%?
  • If so, then adding a second GPU (RX 580) may not be a solution.

Any available long slot is okay. It's best to use the first and second slots, in which case both operate at x8. This is more than 100000% okay because you're not playing games or using the GPU for extreme tasks. Fortunately no changes to config.plist will be needed. MacOS will auto-detect both GPUs without any issue.
@CaseySJ, Will do. I have dedicated Monday evening for experimentation. Hope to get it all resolved.

I dislike having to use an additional synced trashcan just for visual content playback.

Strangely enough, (do not laugh) I feel like I am cheating:shh: on the hackintosh, having to incorporate an authentic MacPro.

:lol::D:lol:

This Beta is HackinDROM's more secure and more stable version ever

EDIT: After reboot eveything is back to normal !

You are right !
Did update of OC 0.72 to 0.73 smoothly. Thanks a lot.
However when relaunching I get this message (not a big deal...).
I believe it should be easy to solve out ;-) But how?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 08.33.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 08.33.54.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back