Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

what port will I be using? DisplayPort?
I don't own one of these Vision boards but I'm sure the DP is version 1.2 or better. That should do 4K/60Hz unless there's some problem I'm not aware of. Try the DP output on your "D" motherboard and see if it works or not.

This is great to hear.
Looks like you do have a "Vision G" full size DP 1.4 output (right in the middle) so that can easily give you 4K as long as the iGPU is fully working.

1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.4 version, HDCP 2.3, and HDR.

1630377299033.png

Looks like you do have a "Vision G" full size DP 1.4 output (right in the middle) so that can easily give you 4K as long as the iGPU is fully working.

1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.4 version, HDCP 2.3, and HDR.

View attachment 528083
That’s what I was thinking but thought I would it run by the good folks on this thread. I know that several people have started purchasing this board given the limited availability of the Vision D.

Is there a list in the site of the RX 6800 XT / 6900 XT compatible models?
Thanks for your help!

Gentlemen and ladies, for those of you beta testing Monterey, when the Public beta6 drops, if you encounter trouble finding the update, you may have to temporarily change your SecureBootModel to j160, then boot, download the update, change it back to whatever it was before (e.g., x86legacy or Disabled, or whatever it was) prior to the system rebooting to install the update.

This is great to hear. One additional question, what port will I be using? DisplayPort? On my Vision D, I use the Thunderbolt port using the recommended USB-C to DisplayPort Cable. The Vision G does have a USB-C port, but I don't know if it is capable of outputting graphics.
You must use DisplayPort, because HDMI port on UHD 630 supports only 4K@30Hz.
USB-C port on Vision G doesn't support display connection.

4K@60Hz via DisplayPort on my LG 27UL650 works well on iGPU

Looking for some direction regarding freezes and panics. I've saved the crash reports, along with a short description of what I was doing when the freeze/panic occurred, after reboot and am attaching them here. Also attaching my EFI folder. I have a Vision G, not D. On F20 bios with 19,1.

Attachments

• Kernal Panic Reports.pdf
    72.9 KB · Views: 52
  • EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 56
I have similar experiences for other motherboards. For BIOS setting issues, what can do done are:

1. remove power cable of PSU first
2. remove the cell battery for a while
3. replace the cell battery with a new one (low battery voltage will cause similar problem!)
4. and at the same time, do CMOS reset by changing CMOS reset jumper positions.

Any combinations of the above may have chance to fix the problem.
Hi @eos1d3 and @CaseySJ,

finally I was able to reset the board via Q-Flash! I made a stupid mistake with the renaming of the bios file and so the Q-Flash utility was not able to load the bios file from the usb stick.

Thanks again for your help
Peter

Back