Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

This is like emailing your doctor and saying, "I have some pain. What could be wrong?"

What do you think your doctor will say to such a broad and undefined statement like that? In other words, whenever we report a problem we should characterize the problem as much as possible and include a list of troubleshooting steps that we took.
Sorry, you are absolutely right. To apologize, I can only say that I was hoping that the brief description of the steps would be enough to reveal an obvious mistake that others have passed through before me.

Sorry, I'll better send you the complete file too just in case
I was afraid of that. The Thunderbolt device tree under RP05 is missing, which most likely indicates a bad firmware chip. Because “flashrom” returns an error when reading the chip, chances are high that some damage has occurred.

If there’s a good electronics repair shop near you, they might be able to replace the Winbond chip and check for any other faults.

Sorry, you are absolutely right. To apologize, I can only say that I was hoping that the brief description of the steps would be enough to reveal an obvious mistake that others have passed through before me.
We can always enable Verbose mode at the OpenCore Picker by pressing and releasing CMD-V before making a boot selection. That might indicate the cause of the problem.

Yes I believe Z490 series boards are largely discontinued. When existing inventory dries up, they will be gone, but should appear on the used market.

That's a shame. I'll keep an eye on used sites. Thanks.

Two suggestions:
  1. If you are using OpenCore 0.7.2, try disabling AppleVTD by following the procedure in this post.
  2. If that alone does not help, the extreme option is to flash the Thunderbolt controller or use a Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge add-in-card and flash its firmware.
    • It's much easier to flash the firmware of GC-Titan Ridge than that of motherboard.
Do not do option 2 at this time. Just try option 1.
Forgive my ignorance, but
ACPI -> Add -> SSDT-DMAR.aml and
ACPI -> Delete -> DMAR
do not exist in my config.plist
and Kernel -> Quirks -> DisableIoMapper is already activated
Thank you for your follow-up on my problem

Forgive my ignorance, but
ACPI -> Add -> SSDT-DMAR.aml and
ACPI -> Delete -> DMAR
do not exist in my config.plist
and Kernel -> Quirks -> DisableIoMapper is already activated
Thank you for your follow-up on my problem
It might be good to try enabling VT-d. This is best done by updating to OpenCore 0.7.2 and then changing BIOS --> VT-d to Enabled. The Z490 Vision D folder for OpenCore 0.7.2 is already configured to enable AppleVTD, but we just need to enable VT-d in BIOS.

If you use HackinDROM 1.5.0, it will update OpenCore for you. Please refer to Posts 1 and 2 of this thread:

Although HackinDROM backs up the existing EFI folder, it's good to copy your current EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk. This will serve as an emergency boot disk.

I updated the USB with my latest working EFI. HackindROM reports it to be 0.7.0 but I think at some point I screwed up the version in an update. Still, it works... so, I the version that was working previous to updating to 0.7.2 is the same one I have in my USB stick.
So I´m attaching here the version that works OK with 0.7.0. The one I´m trying to use is the same one that´s in this guide, which I assume is the same as the one HackindROM creates. Right?
Also, I attached the log again just in case.
Hi! still no advances here. What can I try?

What is the preferred procedure for installing two GPUs, an NVidia GTX 1070Ti for Windows Gaming and an AMD Radeon RX580 for macOS Big Sur using a Dual Boot on separate SSDs System? Which PCI slots to use in preference and is any specific configuration required for OpenCore to disable the NVidia GPU?

I haven’t found a specific answer yet so apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

Thanks

Does anyone know where i can get the GC-Titan Ridge v1.0 original firmware?

Hello CaseySJ!
Will it be possible to connect an 2012 iMac as target display monitor with thunderbolt adapter?

Many thanks!

Back