Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Congrats !
It was explained here ;-)

Hello,
I installed 11.1 using this thread and the machine seems to be working fine for several months.
I just bought an Apollo Twin but crackles and distortions appear randomly and whatever the program.
Do you have any idea to help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much for all the valuable information found here

Hello,
I installed 11.1 using this thread and the machine seems to be working fine for several months.
I just bought an Apollo Twin but crackles and distortions appear randomly and whatever the program.
Do you have any idea to help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much for all the valuable information found here
Plz try to set "CPU Base Clock" to 100.0 MHz or 100.01 MHz, not Auto, and test your Apollo Twin.
CPU Base Clock may affect audio USB devices, in "Auto" BIOS sometimes set it on 99.95 MHz or something like that...

Hi! Sorry to bother with this but I´ve been trying to update to OC 7.2 with no results.
I tried downloading the files from the update guide and manually copying all the Platform Info but I can´t get my system to boot. Tried the same thing with HackinDROM but I get the same result. I even tried manually updating OC using dortania´s guide and manually copying my previously working config and still the same.
This is what happens: I boot into the OC picker but when I chose Catalina, the apple logo comes up and suddenly reboots the computer. After that, it goes straight into recovery mode without showing OC boot picker.
This is my first time trying to generate a log so please, let me know if this is enough to help me out. I also attached my current EFI.
My specs are this:
MoBo: z490 vision D
CPU: i7 10700k
RAM: 32 gb steel viper 3200mhz
SSD: 2x Corsair Nvme M.2 Force mp510 500gb
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon rx5600xt

Attachments

• opencore-2021-08-21-022807.txt
    256 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
YOur spare USB key is fine to boot?
Yes! That´s how I´m getting back at Catalina. I boot up with my original USB which I created for installing with the addition of airport itlwm which BTW is performing great since the last updates (I´m getting download speeds of 100mb/s with a 100Mbps connection and almost no disconnections). The reason I want to update OC is to be able to update to Big Sur. I´m dying to try Redshift in Metal which only works in Big Sur.

HI thanks again for your great work

is it possible to integrate the last version of intelmausiethernet.kext

2.5.3d3 so far (instead of 2.5.1d1)

as i have bugs with 2.5.1d1

Sigh. Screwed up a perfectly working system...

Okay. So, after sitting around and not doing much with updating OpenCore for 6 months, I finally got off my butt and updated to the latest. It worked fine, which was great, but while doing so, I noticed that I had two EFI partitions, named the same, on my boot drive (I dual boot Windows).

One of them had the Open Core stuff I expected. The other one appeared empty. Thinking it wasn't doing anything, I deleted the partition.

All seemed well, until I tried to boot into Windows. Open Core shows the drive, I have the option to pick it, but when I go to boot, it just goes into a black screen.

On the other hand, if I use the BIOS boot-picker, I can boot into Windows with no issues. I could, I suppose, continue to do this, but it's inelegant and I'd prefer to OC boot-picker to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi! Sorry to bother with this but I´ve been trying to update to OC 7.2 with no results.
I tried downloading the files from the update guide and manually copying all the Platform Info but I can´t get my system to boot. Tried the same thing with HackinDROM but I get the same result. I even tried manually updating OC using dortania´s guide and manually copying my previously working config and still the same.
This is what happens: I boot into the OC picker but when I chose Catalina, the apple logo comes up and suddenly reboots the computer. After that, it goes straight into recovery mode without showing OC boot picker.
This is my first time trying to generate a log so please, let me know if this is enough to help me out. I also attached my current EFI.
My specs are this:
MoBo: z490 vision D
CPU: i7 10700k
RAM: 32 gb steel viper 3200mhz
SSD: 2x Corsair Nvme M.2 Force mp510 500gb
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon rx5600xt
I was getting the same thing happening. Could not figure it out.

Back