Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Have you tried it without the extender cable? I have had no end of trouble with cheap PCI extenders and they have all ended up in the bin.
@jimbojingle,

I was about to suggest the same thing...

No, top resolution is 1080p, if i use DP.

I flashed F6, disabled iGFX, chose PCIe 1 output. Disabled Serial port and CMS.
With DP i boot into Open Core, picker has low resolution and distort. After picker it boots in black screen. Anydesk shows OS working fine, with right display resolution (but output is black).
Same thing on every of three DP outputs on RX580.

HDMI output works as expected, OpenCore picker has right resolution also.
Some questions/suggestions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Are you using a good DisplayPort 1.2 or 1.4 cable?
  • Which monitor are you currently connecting?
    • ViewSonic 2785 (4K)
    • ViewSonic 2758 (1440p)
  • Are you connecting both monitors at the same time, or just one? It's best to connect only one monitor for this test.
  • From the on-board menu please disable MST or Multi-Stream Transport if the option exists.
  • If the on-board menu on the Viewsonic has an option to choose DisplayPort 1.1 or DisplayPort 1.2, please try "DisplayPort 1.1" first then try 1.2.
  • If the monitor's on-board menu has "Factory Reset", please try that also.

Last edited:
Some questions/suggestions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Are you using a good DisplayPort 1.2 or 1.4 cable?
  • Which monitor are you currently connecting?
    • ViewSonic 2785 (4K)
    • ViewSonic 2758 (1440p)
  • Are you connecting both monitors at the same time, or just one? It's best to connect only one monitor for this test.
  • From the on-board menu please disable MST or Multi-Stream Transport if the option exists.
  • If the on-board menu on the Viewsonic has an option to choose DisplayPort 1.1 or DisplayPort 1.2, please try "DisplayPort 1.1" first then try 1.2.
  • If the monitor's on-board menu has "Factory Reset", please try that also.
It is really strange, but I discovered that the video output goes back to normal, if I turned integrated graphic ON. I keep Initial Display Output ad PCIe 1st, and use SMBIOS iMac Pro1,1 (iGPU is not listed, even if it is turned on). Display is attached to dGPU output.

How can it be?

change your SMBIOS to MacPro1,1. Then disable iGPU or make it computer only, use only dGPU. So you can play Lossless/ Atmos/ Netflix on Safari, AppleTV
I have been using Macpro1,1 for years with no problem with Apple TV or music. Switching to any of the other iMac SIMBIOS always introduces problems especially with Apple TV in particular.

@jimbojingle,

I was about to suggest the same thing...
CaseySJ, Ploddles,

At your suggestion, I have removed the PCI Extension Cable which is a Fractal Design one for my R7 Case and it has made no difference, unfortunately. I'm still getting Hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen and can eventually boot after several Resets.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi CaseySJ,

Thanks for your continued enthusiasm to help. I really appreciate it.

It would be really great to resolve my 'Hanging at the Gigabyte Splash Screen' problem which has been present since build day one and plagues me on a daily basis. I have discussed the problem with Gigabyte to no avail and have had my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM DDR 4 (4 x 16GB) tested and verified by Corsair.

Here are the answers to your questions.
  • Which version of BIOS is installed on your Z490 Vision D? ----F6

• Is the Thunderbolt firmware flashed? ----No

• What is the make/model of your GPU? ----Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G GDDR6 Dual HDMI/Dual DP OC (Uefi) Special Edition

• What is the make/model of your monitor? ----Dell U2713HM

• Which video connector are you using? HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI? ----DisplayPort

• What other PCIe cards are installed?
    • Fenvi WiFi/BT? ----Yes
    • Anything else? ----None, other than a PCI Extender Cable to mount my GPU vertically in system case
  • What devices are connected to the internal USB 2.0 headers?
  • ----Fenvi T919
  • ----Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
  • ----Corsair Commander Pro for RGB Fans
  • ----Corsair iCUE Lighting Node CORE For RGB Fans
  • ----Corsair HX1000i 1000W Modular Power Supply
    • Anything else? ---- IILS - 9Pin USB Header Male 1 to 4 Female Extension Splitter Cable 9p Port Multiplier as there were not enough USB Headers available
  • What Thunderbolt devices are connected to the system? ----None

• What are the makes/models of all NVMe SSDs in your system?
  • ----macOS Catalina 10.5.7, Corsair MP600 1TB M2 NVMe PCI x4 Gen4
  • ----Windows 10 Pro, Corsair MP600 1TB M2 NVMe PCI x4 Gen4
  • ----macOS Big Sur 11.5, Samsung 860 EVO SSD mounted in a StarTech.com 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane - Dual Drive SATA Mobile Rack Enclosure for 3.5 HDD

• In BIOS, is CSM Support enabled or disabled? ----Disabled

• In BIOS, is Thunderbolt Boot Support enabled? If so, what is it set to? Boot Once? Boot ACL? ----Disabled

• Have you already tried re-flashing the BIOS? ----No, only sequentially flashed up to F6

• Have you already tried CMOS Reset? ----Yes, several times
Thanks again for taking a look at this.

- If on the z490 Vision D, try bios z490 vision d f5. There’s no f6 on gigabyte’s website.

- Make sure all internal usb 2.0 (if any) connections are secure.

- If using thunderbolt devices, try disconnecting them as a test to see if they’re contributing to the hang.

- Try putting the gpu in a different pcie slot.

Last edited:
CaseySJ, Ploddles,

At your suggestion, I have removed the PCI Extension Cable which is a Fractal Design one for my R7 Case and it has made no difference, unfortunately. I'm still getting Hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen and can eventually boot after several Resets.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
  • Could the GPU itself be misbehaving?
    • Does the GPU work in another system if you have another system?
  • An alternative is to switch to iGPU temporarily:
    • Use "config-Intel-iGPU.plist" by transferring PlatformInfo credentials into that file, then rename it to "config.plist".
    • Physically remove AMD GPU and set BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> iGPU.

HI ,CaseySJ and all..
with GB Z390 Aorus Xtreme,OC-0.7.1 enabling VT-d did load apple thunderbolt Gb-Ethernet adapter driver but
prevent itlmw.kext from loading.. I can confirm your
** Enabling AppleVTD on Z490 Vision D with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **Credit: @yosoyoco guide
work for me!!! (with the needed adjustments for my board).
WiFi/Ethernet **
Credit: @yosoyoco​

Finally we are able to enable AppleVTD without incurring the side effects of broken WiFi and Ethernet. Thanks to @yosoyoco for solving the final piece of the puzzle!

Steps:
  • BIOS --> Enable VT-d
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
@ncortines @canyondust,

Please use the attached SSDT-DMAR and follow the rest of the steps from this post:

This file is for Gigabyte Z490 Vision G only.

P.S. To anyone interested in doing this for themselves on their own DMAR tables: Simply delete all Reserved Memory Region blocks (highlighted below) and save the file as SSDT-DMAR.aml.
View attachment 523892

grubbing my board DMAR I needed to use red marked number for recognizing 'DMAR deleting' by config bootloader(my number was different).
what this number mean?
screen-shot-2021-07-06-at-8-03-17-am-png.526687
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.41.12 AM.png

Now my aqc107, intel219, apple TB2 1G Ethernet and itlwm.kext(CNVI) all work together!

AllEthernetEnabled.png

but I did not find DMAC..as I'm not an expert.. Dose it matter?
thanks to all did it possible !!!

HI ,CaseySJ and all..
with GB Z390 Aorus Xtreme,OC-0.7.1 enabling VT-d did load apple thunderbolt Gb-Ethernet adapter driver but
prevent itlmw.kext from loading.. I can confirm your
** Enabling AppleVTD on Z490 Vision D with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **Credit: @yosoyoco guide
work for me!!! (with the needed adjustments for my board).

grubbing my board DMAR I needed to use red marked number for recognizing 'DMAR deleting' by config bootloader(my number was different).
what this number mean?
If you look at the top of your System DMAR table, you will find "OemTableID", which is a string. Those numbers you see in config.plist are simply the ASCII codes for that string. Fortunately we do not need to enter anything in OemTableId. We can leave it blank. We just need to set Signature = DMAR.

Now my aqc107, intel219, apple TB2 1G Ethernet and itlwm.kext(CNVI) all work together!

but I did not find DMAC..as I'm not an expert.. Dose it matter?
thanks to all did it possible !!!
We need to add SSDT-DMAC.aml in order to get DMAC. If you search this thread for "SSDT-DMAC" you will find the file. We can also search Google. Although everything seems to work without DMAC, it may still be a good idea to add the SSDT.

Back