Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi all I am about updating my EFI to 0.72 with HackinDROM wonderful Apps.
- However when launching I get a "?" regarding the version currently installed.
I quit the apps and launch it again but... same result
- In addition to that I have a message saying that I don't have enough space, although there is just the Casey EFI with one theme added in canopy (the one I love !).
It used to happened in the past as I was storing some version of past EFI but it is no longer the case.
Any Advice?
Thanks all as usual !
Everyone will get an APPLE folder inside the EFI folder. This happens when we upgrade macOS. We can safely delete the APPLE folder and empty the trash to make space available.

Regarding the "?", there might be an issue with HackinDROM App. @Inqnuam is looking into it. Meanwhile, we can always perform the update manually.

Everyone will get an APPLE folder inside the EFI folder. This happens when we upgrade macOS. We can safely delete the APPLE folder and empty the trash to make space available.

Regarding the "?", there might be an issue with HackinDROM App. @Inqnuam is looking into it. Meanwhile, we can always perform the update manually.
I’m not at home so I can’t check apps code but I think we get “?” probably because of time zone differences:
Acidenthara team released 0.7.2 later in the day than usually, so for some countries released ISO date on GitHub is different from each other which is crucial for checking OC version as you know

Maybe waiting few hours will “magically fix” the issue

Or I have to make a quick change to the app when I’m back at home this morning (UTC+1)

@CaseySJ do you encounter that “?” Issue in California?

(I feel like we are in 1930s)

@CaseySJ do you encounter that “?” Issue in California?

(I feel like we are in 1930s)
In the admin screen, when I selected the folder containing the new 0.7.2 EFI, HackinDROM App reported the version as 0.0.0. I changed it manually to 0.7.2 and then completed the rest of the form (release notes, config file mapping, etc.). You might be right about the time zone issue…

Has anyone in this thread experienced not being able to read the TB3 flashrom chip?

I can't get past:
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

I'm not having luck flashing the chip.

I've followed all the guides/mini guides for the flashing procedure. Even tried two different CH341A usb programmers - low voltage 3.3v and the original 5v version (tested with multimeter and only 3.3v for pins 4 and 8) I've tried eliminating any possible issues. Used different USB ports/extension cables. I've tried both Windows ASprogrammer, CH341A miniprogammer (both can see CH341A device/driver, but read out is "unknown"), and flashrom via home-brew in terminal gives the No EEPROM/flash device found.

From everything I read it has to do with a bad connection to the chip and clip. I've swapped the the different clips from both usb programmers and still same result.

When I attach the thunderbolt chip and usb programmer the Red LED illuminates on the programmer. When I then plug into the USB port the Red LED becomes brighter.

Is it possible that something is physically wrong with the chip prohibiting me from getting a connection for the programmer to read it? I don't have another TB3 card to test to verify this, but was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

And lastly, shout out to @CaseySJ for the thorough guide. you've clearly helped hundreds making a super stable and reliable hackintosh. I used this guide to upgrade my z370 Maximus x code with the Z490 Vision D with i9 10900k and 5700xt. Pretty happy with the results and now have thunderbolt as an interface. Main reason I'd like to flash is for thunderbolt bridge between two hacks.

Hi guys,

My Z590 Vision D and Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING X TRIO 16G arrived yesterday. I will be using HackinDROM though IGPU is disable in that. (Mine is i9-10850K.)

Is it OK if I put the GPU in the 2nd PCI slot?
Which version of BIOS is safe now?
What are the BIOS settings I have to change? (Is it same as Z490 Vision D)
What is the latest Big Sur version supported?
I am buying one 10GbE network card. Which one is natively supported?

Thanks a lot

NB: Z490 Vision D is not available.
Edit : typo

Last edited:
In the admin screen, when I selected the folder containing the new 0.7.2 EFI, HackinDROM App reported the version as 0.0.0. I changed it manually to 0.7.2 and then completed the rest of the form (release notes, config file mapping, etc.). You might be right about the time zone issue…
Just fixed in v1.4.8
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 09.54.12.png

I get the new HackinDROM version, with the proper OC version of my EFI but only on one HD (I have the same on another one, plus a USB key...). :)
However I still don't have enough space to upgrade, although I dont have any Apple folder and the trash is empty.
1st time it happens... :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 15.09.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 15.09.54.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 45
Back