Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks Casey! I have been able thanks to you! Question ... What do I get out of this? Obviously I wanted to do it to improve my hack and make it the closest thing to a mac, but I was curious what advantages this gave me
Please see this post:

Here's a DIY diagram. Procedure:
  • Launch MaciASL and open your SSDT-DMAR.
  • Launch OpenCore Configurator and open your config.plist.
  • Then go to ACPI --> Delete section and click +at the bottom right to add a new row.
    • Select DMAR for TableSignature
    • Click Enabled field
    • Add a Comment
  • Then copy Oem Table ID from MaciASL (step 1) and paste it into Hackintool --> Calc --> ASCII (step 2).
  • Copy the converted hex values (step 3) and paste them into the OemTableId field (step 4).
  • Save the config.plist

View attachment 525837
Interesting. I missed this part on Z590. I'm still confused as to how this is supposed to work.

On my Z590 system it appears that the OEM DMAR loads. I say this because under Maciasl->File->New From ACPI, the OEM DMAR is in the list of loaded SSDTs. So adding SSDT-DMAR (which is basically a carbon copy of the OEM DMAR) results in two DMARs loading; (1) the OEM one, and then (2) SSDT-DMAR. So do I even need to load SSDT-DMAR? What's the purpose of SSDT-DMAR when the OEM one is loading? Should I disable the OEM one from loading (don't know how to do that)?

And regarding OEM Table ID, is the strategy here to just delete the OEM Table ID value from the SSDT, using ACPI->delete in OC? These are the values in my OEM DMAR for 'OEM ID' and 'OEM Table ID':

[00Ah 0010 6] Oem ID : "INTEL "
[010h 0016 8] Oem Table ID : "EDK2 "

So do I delete "EDK2 " (with the spaces) using the the ACPI->delete method in OC? In hex, this is: 45 44 4B 32 20 20 20 20.

Just trying to understand what we are to trying to accomplish here.

Second unrelated question is “tinymacx86” an official mirror of Tonymac or is that an unaffiliated party? Its showing up in the Google results of content on this site. Never saw it before.

Last edited:
Interesting. I missed this part on z590. I'm still confused as to how this is supposed to work.

On my z590 system it appears that the OEM DMAR loads. I say this because under Maciasl->File->New From ACPI, the OEM DMAR is in the list of loaded SSDTs. So adding SSDT-DMAR (which is basically a carbon copy of the OEM DMAR) results in two DMARs loading; (1) the OEM one, and then (2) SSDT-DMAR. So do I even need to load SSDT-DMAR? What's the purpose of SSDT-DMAR when the OEM one is loading? Should I disable the OEM one from loading (don't know how to do that)?

And regarding OEM Table ID, is the strategy here to just delete the OEM Table ID value from the SSDT, using ACPI->delete in OC? These are the values in my OEM DMAR for 'OEM ID' and 'OEM Table ID':

[00Ah 0010 6] Oem ID : "INTEL "
[010h 0016 8] Oem Table ID : "EDK2 "

So do I delete "EDK2 " (with the spaces) using the the ACPI->delete method in OC? In hex, this is: 45 44 4B 32 20 20 20 20.

Just trying to understand what we are to trying to accomplish here.
Before we can enable our own DMAR table, we must delete the preexisting one. To delete the preexisting one we can just use Signature = DMAR or we can be even more cautious and use both Signature = DMAR and OemTableId = <Oem Table ID>. This second case is only necessary when there are multiple tables with the same name, but they differ in OemTableID. In other words, using both Signature and OemTableId fields provides a stricter match against the table we wish to delete.

Second unrelated question is “tinymacx86” an official mirror of Tonymac or is that an unaffiliated party? Its showing up in the Google results of content on this site. Never saw it before.
tinymacx86 is an alias for tonymacx86. The former resolves to the latter.

Last edited:
Before we can enable our own DMAR table, we must delete the preexisting one. To delete the preexisting one we can just use Signature = DMAR or we can be even more cautious and use both Signature = DMAR and OemTableId = <Oem Table ID>. This second case is only necessary when there are multiple tables with the same name, but they differ in OemTableID. In other words, using both Signature and OemTableId fields provides a strictly match against the table we wish to delete.

tinymacx86 is an alias for tonymacx86. The former resolves to the latter.
Thanks Casey. The picture is starting to become more clear but there still is some fog like San Francisco.

So Ok so we must delete the OEM DMAR, got it. Makes sense. Next question: what are we replacing the OEM DMAR with?

Apologies if you answered this before, but it was never clear to me what we should actually put in ssdt-dmar. Perhaps you can help me please. Thanks.

Thanks Casey. The picture is starting to become more clear but there still is some fog like San Francisco.

So Ok so we must delete the OEM DMAR, got it. Makes sense. Next question: what are we replacing the OEM DMAR with?

Apologies if you answered this before, but it was never clear to me what we should actually put in ssdt-dmar. Perhaps you can help me please. Thanks.
Please look here for all the answers (click here first):

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 10.45.27 AM.png

Last edited:
Please look here for all the answers (click here first):

OR (?), we can just wait until you release 0.7.2 EFI?

For me, my machine is identified as an iMacPro 1,1, so I have no issues with audio. at least the audio I use (I use Protools, but only for editing audio - I'm not a musician, so I don't really create audio). As such, it plays everything, including Apple TV (if I want to use Apple TV, which I really haven't touched lately, except for testing). I don't have an Antelope device, or other specialized audio hardware, so I can keep my Tbolt in ICM mode. I have an OWC 10G Tbolt adapter, and its' been fine, even on Monterey's beta, so for me, I can wait.

I may experiment some with DMAR, but then again, I'm thinking I could just wait, right?

Yes exactly!

Yes exactly!

I am intentionally going to irritate @dehjomz :) by saying that at least one person (you) got it right!
Lol, haha. not irritated at all I’m humble enough to not presume to know everything. I try to learn something new everyday.

It’s just that it was unclear what was happening behind the scenes (the programmer in me needs to know the details to clear the confusion).

So it appears that at least on z490, we are to stop the OEM DMAR from loading, and instead use the one referenced here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2262181

that’s all well and good but the missing thing is why? What’s wrong the OEM DMAR?

I ask because on z590, I disabled iomapper, loaded ssdt-dmac, but am using the OEM DMAR, and I don’t have any Wi-Fi problems with AppleVTD like on z490 (without ssdt-DMAR). So I just wanted to know what I was missing.

that’s all well and good but the missing thing is why? What’s wrong the OEM DMAR?
If we install more than 16GB memory, Ethernet and WiFi will stop working.

I ask because on z590, I disabled iomapper, loaded ssdt-dmac, but am using the OEM DMAR, and I don’t have any Wi-Fi problems with AppleVTD like on z490 (without ssdt-DMAR). So I just wanted to know what I was missing.
  • On the Z590 do you have 16GB or less?
  • On the Z490 do you have more than 16GB?

Last edited:
Back