Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Has anyone made instructions for Thuderbolt on a Vision G with the Titan Ridge 2.0 (unflashed) add in card?

I've been searching but the word Thunderbolt comes up so often on the same page with Vision G when they are unrelated, and all I could find was a build for the Z590 G.

I found a different solution to @jerrium HVEC issue on my system. I added "shikigva=80" to the NVRAM boot arguments. VideoProc then showed HEVC enabled. VideoProc.jpg

CaseySJ, Could you please add this fix to the new efi?
how to fix: add # before AAPL,slot-name
Do you see what I see? ;) Three days ago.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 11.09.24 AM.png

Hey @CaseySJ, Another update and a change I made to your EFI.
WIFI Big Sur/MONTEREY - I noticed when the system starts up from a shut down the wifi becomes very buggy and does take a very long time to connect or fails to, I disabled the AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext in the config.philst and rebooted and wifi connects immediately. For me I do not use Catalina so it is okay, maybe if someone else is have this issue the can try the same thing.
SOUND OPTICAL - So I managed to get this working late last night as well and it was not your EFI but my stupidity. My AV Receiver was not set properly to PCM to output sound from the optical cable.

Hey @CaseySJ, Another update and a change I made to your EFI.
WIFI Big Sur/MONTEREY - I noticed when the system starts up from a shut down the wifi becomes very buggy and does take a very long time to connect or fails to, I disabled the AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext in the config.philst and rebooted and wifi connects immediately. For me I do not use Catalina so it is okay, maybe if someone else is have this issue the can try the same thing.
There's no need to disable AirportItlwm-Catalina because it is injected conditionally -- only when booting Catalina. So there is no correlation between WiFi "bugginess" in Big Sur and Monterey, and AirportItlwm-Catalina.
Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 5.58.44 AM.png

SOUND OPTICAL - So I managed to get this working late last night as well and it was not your EFI but my stupidity. My AV Receiver was not set properly to PCM to output sound from the optical cable.
:thumbup:

@CaseySJ Thanks, enabling AppleVTD is working fine, but unfortunately loading the SSDT-DMAR.aml breaks the Windows boot for me. :(

@CaseySJ Thanks, enabling AppleVTD is working fine, but unfortunately loading the SSDT-DMAR.aml breaks the Windows boot for me. :(
This is being posted from my Z490 Vision D running Windows 10. This is the same Hackintosh with SSDT-DMAR enabled. Are you using the correct version of SSDT-DMAR?

In BIOS, I have also changed Boot --> Windows 8/10 --> Windows 8/10 Features (instead of Other OS).

This is being posted from my Z490 Vision D running Windows 10. This is the same Hackintosh with SSDT-DMAR enabled. Are you using the correct version of SSDT-DMAR?

In BIOS, I have also changed Boot --> Windows 8/10 --> Windows 8/10 Features (instead of Other OS).

Also please try making only these 2 changes, which are (a) uncheck SSDT-DMAR from ACPI-->Add, and (b) uncheck DMAR from ACPI-->Delete. Then reboot and see if Windows will launch.

Back