Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Quick question, to use Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit adapter do we have to have the Thunderbolt firmware flashed? I assume that should be important because macOS doesn’t support some features without it.
For this particular device, no need to flash firmware.

SweetWater is the Amazon of digital audio interfaces. If we click here, we can see a long list of devices that supports AVB. A number of our users on this forum rely on AVB.

Audio/Video Bridging is better explained here, but in one sentence, it provides "time-synchronized low latency streaming services through IEEE 802 networks".

View attachment 524111
Thanks so much! I learn something new everyday! Good that we've gotten this to work on our hacks.

Speaking of sweetwater and MOTU, I have a Motu M4 audio interface. I love it.

@CaseySJ,

I wasn't aware that MacOS used VTD at such a low level within the OS itself, so this is indeed good news.
I don't have any Thunderbolt devices so that probably explains why I've not come across it so far ....

AVB support is particularly interesting, many pro audio mixing systems use AVB as an interconnect between modules.

Everyday's a school day :)

Nice One
Jay

Last edited:
Well it looks like I'm back to square one again. Unfortunately my EFI build for one reason or another will not boot.
It can and will run with the Monterey installer, but just not boot with it. The issue occurred right after I edited my config.plist to check if the itlwm was an issue. Using the EF0F0000 as csr-active-config no longer works either,
so I'll have to do a bit more digging to find what the issue is. It still comes up with the AppleKeystore 11149 issue plus IOTimeSyncLocalClockport error despite using your Intel Bluetooth kernel fix.

Screenshot-2021-07-07-at-10.16.37-PM-2.png

Despite this, I made a new discovery. I'd just installed a brand new Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 into my unit yesterday, and it seemingly boots into Big Sur! The 3070 can display in VESA mode so long as the 03 connector has been set with the Intel IGPU.

Despite this, I made a new discovery. I'd just installed a brand new Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 into my unit yesterday, and it seemingly boots into Big Sur! The 3070 can display in VESA mode so long as the 03 connector has been set with the Intel IGPU.
that is standard, nothing new there!

I still don’t understand…
Are we allowed to upload a video or sound file here. That will be the best way to show what is going on.

The Vision G EFI is pre-configured for 15 USB ports in order to avoid the USB port limit issue. But this means we cannot use USB 2.0 devices on certain ports. Please check the 0.6.9 Vision G mini-guide for a list of non-working USB ports.

I’ll repeat this info in the 0.7.1 and subsequent mini-guides for the Vision G.

If you’re using a USB 3 flash disk, then please tell us:
  • Is Serial Port turned off in BIOS?
  • If CFG-Lock disabled in BIOS?
Yes those settings are OK, the behaviour was odd so I did some general hardware troubleshooting and it's possible the reboots had nothing to do with the installation process as I am now into the welcome portion of the macOS installation. Thanks for all your efforts here, and everyone in this thread.

When following this guide I didn't see steps about generating a UUID/serial/etc. that I am used to from another guide, just one step for the MAC. I was iffy about that when it came to the part of installation where you sign in to your Apple account, but I figured the guide says to sign in so I tried to, and got an iCloud Unsupported Device error. I can use the instructions from the other guide to generate UUID/etc. and possibly fix that, though I may have to contact support, that happened to me before but it wasn't a big deal.

Was I supposed generate and set UUID/serial/etc. in my EFI before installation?

@CaseySJ,

Just a quick post to confirm that I have successfully enabled AppleVTD on my Z490 Vision G using the SSDT and method you posted a few pages back ....

View attachment 524095
Running MacOS 11.4 via OpenCore 0.71, Broadcom WiFI/BT no problems with sleep, everything still working as before ...

From what I understand VT-d only works with type 1 hypervisor's such as Hyper-V, ESXi, KVM and XenServer so no support for Native MacOS VM Managers like VMWare Fusion and/or Parallels Desktop (I use VMWare Fusion) so the advantage of enabling AppleVTD is somewhat mute (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I guess having it enabled and available brings our Hacks a little closer to a real Mac so nice job :)

Cheers
Jay
I will correct you; it’s ‘AppleVTD is somewhat moot’ :) just messing with you. I respect you and all you’ve contributed to this community.

Well it looks like I'm back to square one again. Unfortunately my EFI build for one reason or another will not boot.
It can and will run with the Monterey installer, but just not boot with it. The issue occurred right after I edited my config.plist to check if the itlwm was an issue. Using the EF0F0000 as csr-active-config no longer works either,
so I'll have to do a bit more digging to find what the issue is. It still comes up with the AppleKeystore 11149 issue plus IOTimeSyncLocalClockport error despite using your Intel Bluetooth kernel fix.

Have you tried setting SecureBootModel to Disabled (if it's currently set to Default)?

Back