Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hmm, any UFOs landing in your backyard recently?

Sherlock Holmes: “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

So let’s go with the UFO theory. After those Air Force videos, we can put UFOs into the “possible, but improbable” category. ;)

On the other hand…
  • Try disabling the XhciPortLimit flag and enabling the 15-port USB SSDT (and unchecking the standard USB SSDT).
  • Also try CMOS Reset (then configure BIOS parameters).

Well, I reset CMOS and configured BIOS again. I confirm my BIOS is F5 and perfectly match your. The only difference is CMS Support enable needed for Gigabyte RX5700XT.

- I confirm that my OC 0.71 AMD IntelWIFI updated from previous 0.70 with HackINDROM and fresh 0.70 from your Mini Guide are working fine with USB ports, mouse and keyboard working properly at BS and Monterey login screen.
- I confirm that a fresh OC 0.71 AMD IntelWIFI from your Mini Guide gives me no USB ports and therefore no mouse and keyboard.
This really sounds crazy as it is for me the basics. :(.

Regarding the other try you proposed I am not sure to fully understand what you suggest. A full working day on the issue is starting to disturb my mind nad I am not confident enough :)
I enclose my non working EFI without PlatformInfo in case you wanna have a look.

Once again I thank you for all the support you provide to us whatever the competency level we have (amazing to see how many parallel discussion you are able to follow up). I am no longer a new bee but still not an expert...
Time for dinner... before being back on the problem :) I won't sleep before being solved !

Attachments

• EFI Mac Arthur 0.71 AMD IntelWireless.zip
    60.9 MB · Views: 45
Well, I reset CMOS and configured BIOS again. I confirm my BIOS is F5 and perfectly match your. The only difference is CMS Support enable needed for Gigabyte RX5700XT.

- I confirm that my OC 0.71 AMD IntelWIFI updated from previous 0.70 with HackINDROM and fresh 0.70 from your Mini Guide are working fine with USB ports, mouse and keyboard working properly at BS and Monterey login screen.
- I confirm that a fresh OC 0.71 AMD IntelWIFI from your Mini Guide gives me no USB ports and therefore no mouse and keyboard.
This really sounds crazy as it is for me the basics. :(.

Regarding the other try you proposed I am not sure to fully understand what you suggest. A full working day on the issue is starting to disturb my mind nad I am not confident enough :)
I enclose my non working EFI without PlatformInfo in case you wanna have a look.

Once again I thank you for all the support you provide to us whatever the competency level we have (amazing to see how many parallel discussion you are able to follow up). I am no longer a new bee but still not an expert...
Time for dinner... before being back on the problem :) I won't sleep before being solved !
Please post the working EFI also (without PlatformInfo) so I can see exactly what is different.

Please post the working EFI also (without PlatformInfo) so I can see exactly what is different.

Here we go...
OC 0.71 updated from 0.70 (HackINDROM) AMD IntelWIFI working on Big Sur but no WIFI and BT on Monterey

Attachments

• EFI Mac Arthur 0.71 updated from 0.70 HackINDROM.zip
    47 MB · Views: 57
@CaseySJ,

Just a quick post to confirm that I have successfully enabled AppleVTD on my Z490 Vision G using the SSDT and method you posted a few pages back ....

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 14.13.10.png

Running MacOS 11.4 via OpenCore 0.71, Broadcom WiFI/BT no problems with sleep, everything still working as before ...

From what I understand VT-d only works with type 1 hypervisor's such as Hyper-V, ESXi, KVM and XenServer so no support for Native MacOS VM Managers like VMWare Fusion and/or Parallels Desktop (I use VMWare Fusion) so the advantage of enabling AppleVTD is somewhat mute (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I guess having it enabled and available brings our Hacks a little closer to a real Mac so nice job :)

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I can confirm that the Intel i225-V adapter is working well in Monterey, with no FakePCIID necessary, instead just the boot-arg of 'dk.e1000=0' and it connects at the full 2.5 Gbps.

Also, for users of Mac20,1 / iMac20,2 (and I believe iMac19,1) we can use Sidecar without the use of the Intel iGPU if we have an AMD GPU and do the following:
  • defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

It's working on my z590 build with no support for the Rocket Lake iGPU.

@CaseySJ,

Just a quick post to confirm that I have successfully enabled AppleVTD on my Z490 Vision G using the SSDT and method you posted a few pages back ....

View attachment 524095
Running MacOS 11.4 via OpenCore 0.71, Broadcom WiFI/BT no problems with sleep, everything still working as before ...

From what I understand VT-d only works with type 1 hypervisor's such as Hyper-V, ESXi, KVM and XenServer so no support for Native MacOS VM Managers like VMWare Fusion and/or Parallels Desktop (I use VMWare Fusion) so the advantage of enabling AppleVTD is somewhat mute (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I guess having it enabled and available brings our Hacks a little closer to a real Mac so nice job :)

Cheers
Jay
On all versions of macOS since Mojave:
  • AppleVTD is necessary to connect Antelope Audio Thunderbolt interfaces.
  • AppleVTD provides lower latency with Slate VRS and possibly other devices whose drivers use direct memory access.
On Big Sur and Monterey:
  • AppleVTD is necessary to connect Apple’s own Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter, which is one of very few Ethernet adapters that supports AVB (audio/video bridging).
There may be other benefits we haven’t discovered yet.

• AppleVTD provides lower latency with Slate VRS and possibly other devices whose drivers use direct memory access.
On Big Sur and Monterey:
  • AppleVTD is necessary to connect Apple’s own Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter, which is one of very few Ethernet adapters that supports AVB (audio/video bridging).
Can you explain a little bit on the features of AVB? Like why is that desirable compared to a regular network NIC?

On Big Sur and Monterey:

Quick question, to use Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit adapter do we have to have the Thunderbolt firmware flashed? I assume that should be important because macOS doesn’t support some features without it.

Here we go...
OC 0.71 updated from 0.70 (HackINDROM) AMD IntelWIFI working on Big Sur but no WIFI and BT on Monterey
In the non-working config.plist I have changed SecureBootModel to Disabled instead of Default (same as your working config.plist). Please try this version after putting serial numbers into PlatformInfo.

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.4 KB · Views: 66
Can you explain a little bit on the features of AVB? Like why is that desirable compared to a regular network NIC?
SweetWater is the Amazon of digital audio interfaces. If we click here, we can see a long list of devices that supports AVB. A number of our users on this forum rely on AVB.

Audio/Video Bridging is better explained here, but in one sentence, it provides "time-synchronized low latency streaming services through IEEE 802 networks".

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.08.58 AM.png

Back