Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

My thoughts were correct! DMAR attached:
@ncortines @canyondust,

Please use the attached SSDT-DMAR and follow the rest of the steps from this post:

This file is for Gigabyte Z490 Vision G only.

P.S. To anyone interested in doing this for themselves on their own DMAR tables: Simply delete all Reserved Memory Region blocks (highlighted below) and save the file as SSDT-DMAR.aml.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.03.17 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-DMAR.dsl
    3.5 KB · Views: 88
Hey, @CaseySJ:

Thanks for the 0.7.1 efi, seems to be fine, with one exception (please note that I am using the debug version of 0.7.1 opencore)

"No Valid Serialized Value at 0 index"

I did some searching and couldn't find anything, both in the EFI and on the web, and on the insanely site. I also reset NVRAM and that didn't fix it either. Do you or anyone else have any idea what this is referring to?

Thanks, again!

@ncortines @canyondust,

Please use the attached SSDT-DMAR and follow the rest of the steps from this post:

This file is for Gigabyte Z490 Vision G only.

P.S. To anyone interested in doing this for themselves on their own DMAR tables: Simply delete all Reserved Memory Region blocks (highlighted below) and save the file as SSDT-DMAR.aml.
View attachment 523892

NOTE: This is from BIOS F20, which might have implications when used with other BIOS versions, I haven't tested.

Hey, @CaseySJ:

Thanks for the 0.7.1 efi, seems to be fine, with one exception (please note that I am using the debug version of 0.7.1 opencore)

"No Valid Serialized Value at 0 index"

I did some searching and couldn't find anything, both in the EFI and on the web. Do you or anyone else have any idea what this is referring to?

Thanks, again!
Hello @mm2margaret,

This indicates a syntax error in the XML schema (config.plist). One quick remedy is to run OpenCore Configurator (2.46.0.0), place it into OpenCore 0.7.1 Release Configuration from its Preferences page, then open your config.plist, click through the various sections on the left side (ACPI, Booter, Device Properties, etc.) without making any changes, and save the file.

Reboot and check again...

Last edited:
Hello @mm2margaret,

This indicates a syntax error in the XML schema (config.plist). One quick remedy is to run OpenCore Configurator, place it into OpenCore 0.7.1 Development Configuration from its Settings page, then open your config.plist, click through the various sections on the left side (ACPI, Booter, Device Properties, etc.) without making any changes, and save the file.

Reboot and check again...

Well, that did it! It didn't report what it changed, but I saved the config.plist and rebooted, and that error was gone. I'll have to check later to see what was changed.

Thanks!

OpenCore Configurator 2.46.0.0 has been released, with support for 0.7.1 Release Version.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.39.30 AM.png

Last edited:
** Enabling AppleVTD on Z490 Vision D with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **
Credit: @yosoyoco

Finally we are able to enable AppleVTD without incurring the side effects of broken WiFi and Ethernet. Thanks to @yosoyoco for solving the final piece of the puzzle!

Steps:
  • BIOS --> Enable VT-d
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
  • OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown
  • OpenCore --> Delete DMAR from ACPI --> Delete section as shown
  • Reboot
Once this has been more fully tested I'll incorporate it into next month's OpenCore 0.7.2 release.

Warning:
  • The attached SSDT is only for Gigabyte Z490 Vision D.

Just to reiterate: we need both SSDT-DMAC and modified SSDT-DMAR enabled for AppleVTD?

Just to reiterate: we need both SSDT-DMAC and modified SSDT-DMAR enabled for AppleVTD?
SSDT-DMAC is most likely optional. Have you tried this yet?!!

I confirm patching DMAR works on Z590 Vision D as well. 128GB (4x32GB) RAM and no broken Ethernet/Wi-Fi.

I confirm patching DMAR works on Z590 Vision D as well. 128GB (4x32GB) RAM and no broken Ethernet/Wi-Fi.
Looks like another Hackintosh problem bites the dust… :)

Back