Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey,

I just finished building my son a vision G model, using your EFI Folder for the Vision G, and these instructions. Looks like everything is working except the audio. Not sure what is wrong, but maybe you can shed some light on this. I have attached my EFi folder and my IO Reg report for you to study. Please let me know where I went wrong.

I was hoping that using the instructions and your EFI folder setup, I would not have any problems. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hardware in build is as follows:

Gigabyte Vision G Z490 Motherboard
Intel I5-10600K Processor
32GB DDR4 Ram running at 3200 MHz
AMD Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8Gb Video Card
250G WD Black m.2 drive
750 Watt Apexgaming modular power supply

Oh, by the way, I also built myself the Vision D model about a year ago using this guide and your EFI folder and it works like a champ, no problems whatsoever. That's why I am puzzled that my son's vision G has no sound. Hopefully you can help and let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
try alcid=7
in boot-args under NVRAM instead of alcid=11

that's what I did in mine to get it to work 11 is not working in vision G.

Hi Casey,

I just finished building my son a vision G model, using your EFI Folder for the Vision G, and these instructions. Looks like everything is working except the audio. Not sure what is wrong, but maybe you can shed some light on this. I have attached my EFi folder and my IO Reg report for you to study. Please let me know where I went wrong.

I was hoping that using the instructions and your EFI folder setup, I would not have any problems. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hardware in build is as follows:

Gigabyte Vision G Z490 Motherboard
Intel I5-10600K Processor
32GB DDR4 Ram running at 3200 MHz
AMD Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8Gb Video Card
250G WD Black m.2 drive
750 Watt Apexgaming modular power supply

Oh, by the way, I also built myself the Vision D model about a year ago using this guide and your EFI folder and it works like a champ, no problems whatsoever. That's why I am puzzled that my son's vision G has no sound. Hopefully you can help and let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
Hello Wayne,

Please try enabling FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio shown in the screenshot, and reboot. If this works I'll make this change in OpenCore 0.7.1 which was released just an hour ago.

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 10.13.18 AM.png

** OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Update to OpenCore 0.7.1 using HackinDROM App
Available for both Broadcom WiFi/BT and OpenIntelWireless WiFi/BT

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to either 0.7.1 Development Version or 0.7.1 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.1
2. VirtualSMC 1.2.5
3. NVMeFix 1.0.9
4. AppleALC 1.6.2
5. IntelMausi 1.0.7
6. Lilu 1.5.4
7. NVMeFix 1.0.9
8. WhateverGreen 1.5.1
9. RestrictEvents 1.0.3 (added, but not enabled; this is for MacPro7,1 users)

Changes to config.plist:
  • Booter Quirks have been changed to recommended settings.
    • EnableWriteUnprotector --> disabled
    • ProtectUefiServices --> enabled
    • SetupVirtualMap --> enabled
  • FakePCIID kexts for HDMI Audio and i225-V Ethernet port apply to Catalina and Big Sur, but will not be injected in Monterey.
    • FakePCIID uses the now deprecated IOPCIDevice API instead of the newer PCIDriverKit.
  • SSDT-DMAC has been added (Direct Memory Access Controller).
  • Boot Argument dart=0 has been removed. Don't worry, however, because DisableIoMapperis still turned on, which means VT-d (AppleVTD) will not be enabled by default.
    • Anyone who needs AppleVTD should uncheck DisableIoMapper and enable VT-d in BIOS.
OpenIntelWireless Version:
  • Includes latest 2.0.0-alpha WiFi drivers from OpenIntelWireless
  • Also includes the 2.0.0-alpha WiFi driver for Monterey
  • Includes version 1.1.3 of Intel Bluetooth driver and BlueToolFixup.kext (for Monterey)

Reminder:
  • Radeon VII users must disable boot argument agdpmod=pikera. Vega user may need to do the same.

If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.1 Development Version or 0.7.1 Release Version.

For manual update purposes, the ZIP files are attached below.
  • File on left is for Broadcom WiFi/BT (4.3 MB).
  • File on right is for Intel WiFi/BT (61 MB).

Catalina Users Only: Please make the change shown below to enable the i225-V Ethernet port (it will run at 1GbE speeds, however).
Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 6.01.48 PM.png

Updates:
  • 6 July 2021: Replaced the OpenIntelWireless EFI.
    • If you downloaded this earlier, please replace with the new version, which is also available from HackinDROM App.
    • Uses OpenIntelWireless BluetoothFirmware 1.1.3 (version 2.0.0 RC1 is not reliable in Monterey).
    • Uses BlueToolFixup.kext for Monterey.
    • Commented out "AAPL,slot-name" from iGPU to fix HEVC problem.
  • 6 July 2021: Replaced the standard OC 0.7.1 EFI as well.
    • Commented out "AAPL,slot-name" from iGPU to fix HEVC problem.
  • 7 July 2021: Replaced Intel Wireless EFI to fix Realtek ALC1220 audio issue.
    • This problem existed only in the Intel Wireless EFI.
  • 18 July 2021: USBInjectAll was mistakenly left unchecked in the OpenIntelWireless AMD-GPU version of config.plist (config-AMD-GPU.plist). This has been fixed.

Attachments

• OC-071-VISION-D.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 238
  • OC-071-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
    61 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Couple of questions:
  • Does this boot argument reduce the port’s speed to 1Gbps?
  • Does the port connect and work in Monterey?
I have this boot arg in Monterey and it does set the speed to 1GPS

** OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI for Z490 Vision G, not D **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Reminder: Disable Serial Port in BIOS --> IO Ports

Update to OpenCore 0.7.1 using HackinDROM App

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to either 0.7.1 Development Version or 0.7.1 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.1
2. VirtualSMC 1.2.5
3. NVMeFix 1.0.9
4. AppleALC 1.6.2
5. IntelMausi 1.0.7
6. Lilu 1.5.4
7. NVMeFix 1.0.9
8. WhateverGreen 1.5.1
9. RestrictEvents 1.0.3 (added, but not enabled; this is for MacPro7,1 users)

Changes to config.plist:
  • Booter Quirks have been changed to recommended settings.
    • EnableWriteUnprotector --> disabled
    • ProtectUefiServices --> enabled
    • SetupVirtualMap --> enabled
  • FakePCIID kexts for HDMI Audio and i225-V Ethernet port apply to Catalina and Big Sur, but will not be injected in Monterey.
    • FakePCIID uses the now deprecated IOPCIDevice API instead of the newer PCIDriverKit.
  • SSDT-DMAC has been added (Direct Memory Access Controller).
  • Boot Argument dart=0 has been removed. Don't worry, however, because DisableIoMapperis still turned on, which means VT-d (AppleVTD) will not be enabled by default.
    • Anyone who needs AppleVTD should uncheck DisableIoMapper and enable VT-d in BIOS.
Reminder:
  • Radeon VII users must disable boot argument agdpmod=pikera. Vega user may need to do the same.
This update also includes SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V3.aml that limits the number of USB ports to 15 by disabling USB 2.x connections on the following ports:

USB 2.0 --> HS01 (front panel USB-C port)
USB 2.0 --> HS03 (between LAN and HDMI on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS04 (between LAN and HDMI on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS05 (between LAN and HDMI on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS06 (rear IO panel USB-C port)
USB 2.0 --> HS09 (one of the two front panel Type A ports)

V3 is enabled by default, but can be disabled manually after the OpenCore 0.6.9 update is completed. If you disable V3, be sure to enable XhciPortLimit kernel quirk.

If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.1 Development Version or 0.7.1 Release Version.

For manual update purposes, the ZIP file is attached below.

Updates:
  • 6 July 2021: Commented out AAPL,slot-name from iGPU to enable HEVC. If you installed earlier release, we can reinstall it via HackinDROM App.

Attachments

• EFI-071-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
- Will Microsoft relent on its Intel 8th gen and up requirement for Windows 11 or will a patch be available for older hardware?

Only time will tell!

Not that this is the place to discuss Windows but Microsoft has relented on 8th gen and now enables much older hardware to use 11 (at least whilst it is in beta).

Not that this is the place to discuss Windows but Microsoft has relented on 8th gen and now enables much older hardware to use 11 (at least whilst it is in beta).
This is good news because my Asus X99 Deluxe II has an i7-6850X. It's already running Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey -- along with Windows 10. I would like to upgrade to Windows 11 at some point. But not sure what Microsoft's final decision will be...

Hello Wayne,

Please try enabling FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio shown in the screenshot, and reboot. If this works I'll make this change in OpenCore 0.7.1 which was released just an hour ago.

View attachment 523766
Hi Casey,

Thanks very much for the info. I now have audio. See enclosed photos.

Wayne

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.00.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.00.27 PM.png
    640.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.01.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.01.08 PM.png
    534.7 KB · Views: 69
Thought to report, am seemingly having some real issues getting the new EFI to boot Monterey on the Z490, even with the 0.7.1 update. The existing EFI is fine booting the Monterey installer but not my existing (already installed) Monterey drive. Somehow it stopped working. It reaches the Apple logo and about a quarter way through it reboots to an Apple Keystore error.

Thought to report, am seemingly having some real issues getting the new EFI to boot Monterey on the Z490, even with the 0.7.1 update. The existing EFI is fine booting the Monterey installer but not my existing (already installed) Monterey drive. Somehow it stopped working. It reaches the Apple logo and about a quarter way through it reboots to an Apple Keystore error.
Sounds like a Bluetooth problem. Which WiFi/BT card are you using? To disable just the Bluetooth, we can simply pull out the Bluetooth USB cable from the internal USB 2.0 header.

Back