Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks for this. I’ve made that change in the BIOS and will see how I get on. Fingers crossed!
How is it going?

@CaseySJ, Because of the current issues that my Asus B560-F keeps giving in regards to sound etc, i purchased a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D which is the exact same board as yours. When this arrives would i just be be able to copy your EFI in and all should be good. I would also like to use my i7 11700K cpu in there as it cost me alot to buy and do not want to buy another cpu.
Yes it should be as easy as that.

I have a few questions
1. What changes will need to be made to your EFI for this CPU
No changes for this CPU. But I will, however, make a change next week with the release of OpenCore 0.7.1 that should address a possible issue with HDMI Audio.

2. Would i have IGPU or should i still use the AMD RX580 for graphics
We can drive a display monitor either through iGPU (okay for temporary use) or with AMD Radeon GPU (best for long term). Please see Post 1, Step 4 for details on choosing the right config file.

3. I see this board has S/PDIF for sound out as well- would this work connected to my Samsung TV
Yes it should work.

4. The board takes 3 x M.2 Drives, Can i use a M+B Key M.2 in here?
We can use both SATA M.2 and PCIe M.2 drives in those slots. But please refer to motherboard owner's manual for important side-effects when all three M.2 slots are populated (e.g. you lose some SATA ports and you lose 2 of 4 PCIe lanes from the bottom long slot).

Yes it should be as easy as that.

No changes for this CPU. But I will, however, make a change next week with the release of OpenCore 0.7.1 that should address a possible issue with HDMI Audio.

We can drive a display monitor either through iGPU (okay for temporary use) or with AMD Radeon GPU (best for long term). Please see Post 1, Step 4 for details on choosing the right config file.

Yes it should work.

We can use both SATA M.2 and PCIe M.2 drives in those slots. But please refer to motherboard owner's manual for important side-effects when all three M.2 slots are populated (e.g. you lose some SATA ports and you lose 2 of 4 PCIe lanes from the bottom long slot).
Thanks Mate, I really appreciate that you took the time to respond to me. I should have the board by July 7 as per DHL and then I will start with it.

Hi,

Been fascinated by the Hackintosh Community and been following for a while. Finally bit the bullet and bought the components necessary to build one as my current iMac is already very old. I found the closest golden build but unfortunately not all the components were purchasable at all here. So I had to make some substitutions which appeared to be supported after reading thru as much of the 654 pages as I humanely could. Other than extensively reading for forums, absolute noobie at this so forgive me if I have missed something obvious. Ran in to a giant roadblock and need some pointers on where to go next.

Currently config:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G Bios F20 (F20 required to support 11700K on this board)
Gigabyte TitanRidge V2 addon card
i7-11700K (was unable to get a 10700K which would have been ideal I guess)
2x16GB GSkill RAM
SanDisk Extreme 480GB SSD (Everything else I had on hand were Samsungs)
No DGPU. Trying to get this run all from iGPU for the moment until I can get my hands on an RX570. (Everything else I have on hand is Nvidia and not supported)

Trying to install MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Installed Windows 10 and ran some benchmarks to make sure the hardware was all OK, especially since this was the 1st DIY build I have done in over 10years.
Followed the guides including the updates to OpenCore0.7.0 to create the USB Installer using EFI-070-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
Changed everything in BIOS as per the guide and double checked including making sure CFG-Lock was disabled.
Could boot into OpenCore and started the MacOS installer only to hang at the Apple Logo.

Steps taken so far:
1. Rechecked all BIOS settings
2. Tried iMac19,1 and iMac20,1 platforms
3. Adjusted to boot the MacOS Installer in verbose mode and saw it did not run very far at all before hanging. :(
(Picture attached of the verbose boot output)

Read about spoofing the CPUID to CometLake 0x0906E0 from RocketLake 0x0A0671 but could not find anywhere indicating how to actually set this in the OpenCore Configurator. Is this necessary?

I have attached the current config.plist.

Would greatly appreciate any assistance or pointers in any direction to proceed forwards.

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    930.1 KB · Views: 42
  • config.plist
    28.4 KB · Views: 36
So far so good!
Nice!
@CaseySJ I think, you need to add informtion about setting "CPU Base Clock" to "100.00 MHz" to BIOS manual, it really very important setting for USB audio devices.

Hi,

Been fascinated by the Hackintosh Community and been following for a while. Finally bit the bullet and bought the components necessary to build one as my current iMac is already very old. I found the closest golden build but unfortunately not all the components were purchasable at all here. So I had to make some substitutions which appeared to be supported after reading thru as much of the 654 pages as I humanely could. Other than extensively reading for forums, absolute noobie at this so forgive me if I have missed something obvious. Ran in to a giant roadblock and need some pointers on where to go next.

Currently config:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G Bios F20 (F20 required to support 11700K on this board)
Gigabyte TitanRidge V2 addon card
i7-11700K (was unable to get a 10700K which would have been ideal I guess)
2x16GB GSkill RAM
SanDisk Extreme 480GB SSD (Everything else I had on hand were Samsungs)
No DGPU. Trying to get this run all from iGPU for the moment until I can get my hands on an RX570. (Everything else I have on hand is Nvidia and not supported)

Trying to install MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Installed Windows 10 and ran some benchmarks to make sure the hardware was all OK, especially since this was the 1st DIY build I have done in over 10years.
Followed the guides including the updates to OpenCore0.7.0 to create the USB Installer using EFI-070-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
Changed everything in BIOS as per the guide and double checked including making sure CFG-Lock was disabled.
Could boot into OpenCore and started the MacOS installer only to hang at the Apple Logo.

Steps taken so far:
1. Rechecked all BIOS settings
2. Tried iMac19,1 and iMac20,1 platforms
3. Adjusted to boot the MacOS Installer in verbose mode and saw it did not run very far at all before hanging. :(
(Picture attached of the verbose boot output)

Read about spoofing the CPUID to CometLake 0x0906E0 from RocketLake 0x0A0671 but could not find anywhere indicating how to actually set this in the OpenCore Configurator. Is this necessary?

Would greatly appreciate any assistance or pointers in any direction to proceed forwards.

I have the same CPU but on a 500 series board. You will not get IGPU to work trust me I have tried for a few weeks I had to get a cheap graphics card until I got a AMD RX580 which works okay I guess. Also for the cpuiddata1 you need to enter in Kernel the details in the snapshot below also use config checker under tools in OpenCore configurator to check your config.philst for any error. I don't think you actually need all those ssdt's to boot. Make sure Fast boot is disabled as well

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 9.59.34 PM.png

Hello @DanielLeeSB,

Let’s first confirm whether both Serial Port and CFG-Lock have been disabled in BIOS.

Nice!
@CaseySJ I think, you need to add informtion about setting "CPU Base Clock" to "100.00 MHz" to BIOS manual, it really very important setting for USB audio devices.
Done!

Back