Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

F20 has been working great for me. F20 betas all the way up to f20d were all bugged, but the release version fixed all of the issues I was having. Wonder what is causing the USB ejection issues.

F20 has been working great for me. F20 betas all the way up to f20d were all bugged, but the release version fixed all of the issues I was having. Wonder what is causing the USB ejection issues.
Don’t know if it’s because of my Corsair vengeance RAM kit…running in XMP mode. I downclocked the memory from 3200 MHz down to 2666 MHz and that made the situation better.

I should note that I’m running macOS off of a usb disk. So if the usb bus drops out when the system is resuming from sleep, the system will hang…

I haven’t restarted in several days. Every time I resume from sleep on f5, the system wakes up just fine. It’s been several days of stability. The last time I restarted was to install a certain beta of a certain version of macOS that may or may not be coming later this year.

Last edited:
Tested BIOS F20 on my Vision G.

All works fine, but the same comments as for F20d:
1. If you need to change option "Initial Display Output", you need to turn on "CSM Support", change "Initial Display Output" option and then turn off "CSM Support". If CSM Support disabled, you have not option "Initial Display Output" in BIOS menu. This bug in UEFI/BIOS interface isn't fixed in F20.
2. You need to set "ReSize BAR": "Disabled", macOS can't boot in "Auto" mode. If you need it to play Windows games - change it during reboot from macOS to Windows...

Hi,
I have a problem with my sound output,
When I connect my speakers to the green output in the back, they appear as "Internal Speakers" and work fine, but when I plug my headphones in the front, "Headphones" overrides "Internal Speakers". Meaning "Internal Speakers" disappears and "Headphones" appear.
I know I can simply switch to another sound input in the back but then the speakers won't be recognized by Windows.
Is there a solution for this?
Thanks

Hi,
I have a problem with my sound output,
When I connect my speakers to the green output in the back, they appear as "Internal Speakers" and work fine, but when I plug my headphones in the front, "Headphones" overrides "Internal Speakers". Meaning "Internal Speakers" disappears and "Headphones" appear.
I know I can simply switch to another sound input in the back but then the speakers won't be recognized by Windows.
Is there a solution for this?
Thanks
Does your monitor have a headphone output?

Does your monitor have a headphone output?
Yes, but no microphone jack, therefore it's not useful for me.
Besides I have to turn off the screen and then turn it back on in order for it to show up in sound preferences

"And one more thing..."

I STRONGLY recommend to set "CPU Base Clock" ("Tweaker" page in BIOS Setup) to 100.00 MHz, NOT "Auto".
With "Auto" setting my system starts with base clock "99.95" MHz (you can check it in "System Info" in your BIOS Setup) and I have some issues (clicks, "digital noise" like "sound of a broken synthesizer", etc.) with my USB audio interface, because the CPU base clock clock (I don't know why) affects the audio sampling process in USB devices. I think, macOS uses CPU base clock for USB audio interfaces syncronization.

Last edited:
Hi all, @CaseySJ

I have a question Thunderbolt 3 related.
Motherboard MSI Z490-A PRO
Gigabyte PCIe Thunderbolt 3 Titan Ridge 2.0
Audio Card UAD Arrow Thunderbolt 3
I use the SSDT downloaded from HackinDROM
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Hot Plug works but there's something annoying that doesn't work.
Whenever the PC goes in Sleep Mode after Wake from Sleep the Audio Card is not seen anymore. If I reboot the Audio Card is still not seen. To have it working again I have to unplug the cable, reboot and then reconnect the cable. The Audio Card is seen on any subsequent reboot until the PC doesn't sleep again. At that point, as said, I have to unplug, reboot, replug.

Ideal would be that sleep doesn't interfere and the Audio Card works at any Wake from Sleep.
Can anyone help solve this issue?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ, I replaced the Intel Core i7-10700k with an i7-11700k. No problems whatsoever with either OC .6.7 or .6.8. I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Boot times are much faster and cpu temperature is much better than on the 10700k. Here are some benchmarks. Overclocking is on advance with multicore enhancement on auto. GPU Radeon 5700XT, Vision D Z490, NVME PCIE Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB, Big Sur 11.2.3.

The machine also feels much faster. Sleep seems to work fine.

View attachment 51512111.2.3
View attachment 515123

View attachment 515125
How did you manage to get that speeds, I am using an SSD M.2 and mine cannot even get past 160 read/write. What must I change to get those speeds.

Hi all, @CaseySJ

I have a question Thunderbolt 3 related.
Motherboard MSI Z490-A PRO
Gigabyte PCIe Thunderbolt 3 Titan Ridge 2.0
Audio Card UAD Arrow Thunderbolt 3
I use the SSDT downloaded from HackinDROM
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Hot Plug works but there's something annoying that doesn't work.
Whenever the PC goes in Sleep Mode after Wake from Sleep the Audio Card is not seen anymore. If I reboot the Audio Card is still not seen. To have it working again I have to unplug the cable, reboot and then reconnect the cable. The Audio Card is seen on any subsequent reboot until the PC doesn't sleep again. At that point, as said, I have to unplug, reboot, replug.

Ideal would be that sleep doesn't interfere and the Audio Card works at any Wake from Sleep.
Can anyone help solve this issue?
Thanks a lot!
Hello @zzmadd,

Alas our options for dealing with such problems are limited. Here's what I can suggest:
  • If your motherboard has Thunderbolt Header, connect GC-Titan Ridge to that header. Then go to BIOS Setup and look for Thunderbolt Boot Support. Select "Boot Once" if it's available. If not, try each of the settings one to one.
  • Another option is to flash the firmware on GC-Titan Ridge. I actually recommend NVM33 from Designare Z390 (it's in the Repository -- see Section 8 of Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1 of the Z390 Designare golden build thread).

Back