Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

My Vision D Hackintosh will not boot anymore. It's been rock solid for almost a year now. Im using .7 OpenCore and have had successful reboots for many days with it. Today it gets to the Apple Logo and loading bar but crashes and reboots constantly. Ive tried booting from an old .69 OpenCore via USB with no luck either. My bootable backup from a month ago works and boots great.

Before I format the M.2 is there anything I should try to recover this? I suspect something is corrupt on the m.2 I tried disk first aid but it found no errors. If anyone has anythings before I blow it out Id love to hear them.

Thanks!

My Vision D Hackintosh will not boot anymore. It's been rock solid for almost a year now. Im using .7 OpenCore and have had successful reboots for many days with it. Today it gets to the Apple Logo and loading bar but crashes and reboots constantly. Ive tried booting from an old .69 OpenCore via USB with no luck either. My bootable backup from a month ago works and boots great.

Before I format the M.2 is there anything I should try to recover this? I suspect something is corrupt on the m.2 I tried disk first aid but it found no errors. If anyone has anythings before I blow it out Id love to hear them.

Thanks!
First of all, really good to see that you have a bootable backup. Kudos!

Were any new audio interfaces or audio drivers installed recently?

At the OpenCore Picker, we can press spacebar to reveal extra boot options. One of them is Recovery. Try booting that just to see if it works.

First of all, really good to see that you have a bootable backup. Kudos!

Were any new audio interfaces or audio drivers installed recently?

At the OpenCore Picker, we can press spacebar to reveal extra boot options. One of them is Recovery. Try booting that just to see if it works.

No love on booting recovery.
I get OCB - Load Image Failed - Unsupported.

Nothing new added. Wont boot from .70 or .69. I upgrade to .70 on Saturday but have booted just fine since then. Is there anyway to boot into single user mode? Tried holding Command-S with no love. Id love to run FSCK before I blow this out.

I get OCB - Load Image Failed - Unsupported.
This can be fixed in one of two ways:
  • BIOS --> Boot --> Set first boot priority to internal macOS SSD. Save BIOS settings and try again.
  • If problem persists, perform CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults).
    • Be sure to also disable CFG-Lock from BIOS --> Boot.

Nothing new added. Wont boot from .70 or .69. I upgrade to .70 on Saturday but have booted just fine since then. Is there anyway to boot into single user mode? Tried holding Command-S with no love. Id love to run FSCK before I blow this out.
Have you tried enabling Verbose by pressing and releasing CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker? Then boot either the macOS disk or the Recovery disk and see how far the boot process goes.

This can be fixed in one of two ways:
  • BIOS --> Boot --> Set first boot priority to internal macOS SSD. Save BIOS settings and try again.
  • If problem persists, perform CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7(Load Optimized Defaults).
    • Be sure to also disable CFG-Lock from BIOS --> Boot.

Have you tried enabling Verbose by pressing and releasing CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker? Then boot either the macOS disk or the Recovery disk and see how far the boot process goes.
Yup this does not fix the issue. I think m2 is shot. Gonna reformat snd start again. Did both of the above and no change sadly. Thanks for the help Casey.

Anyone out there have success with the Radeon 6800? Was thinking of going for the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 since the 5700 I have been using has worked so good. Just want to hear others say its the right card to get... Maybe its still too early...

Anyone out there have success with the Radeon 6800? Was thinking of going for the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 since the 5700 I have been using has worked so good. Just want to hear others say its the right card to get... Maybe its still too early...
Have this exact card. No complaints from me.

See THIS thread.

I installed Big Sur 11.4 with no problem on a vision G
However I was unable to install Mojave. I keep getting the forbidden sign despite having changed the CPU code in the config.plist.
Has anyone installed Opencore 0.7.0 with Mojave?

thanks

Back