Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

It takes place afterwards. The computer doesn’t go to sleep during the copy operation… but then after copying it goes to sleep till the morning… and when I wake it up in the morning I got that error.

in System Preferences ->Energy Saver I have everything disabled but the “put the disk to sleep whenever possible” option which is enabled.
So it’s just a wake-from-sleep problem. I would suggest trying “Jettison” by St. Clair Software. There is a free trial period.

PS: Do you know if the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Rev1 really need the internal USB 2.0 cable to work with UAD stuff?
Fortunately that USB connection is not necessary. It is only needed for connecting USB 2.0 devices to the GC-Titan Ridge.

Fortunately that USB connection is not necessary. It is only needed for connecting USB 2.0 devices to the GC-Titan Ridge.
Hey @CaseySJ ,

Ok I understand, but when I remove that cable my UAD stop working, there's an error saying "NO HOST", well, I put it back i really don't know why it happens.

NO HOST means it keeps flashing red/white and connection is not stabilished.

Last edited:
Hey @CaseySJ ,

Ok I understand, but when I remove that cable my UAD stop working, there's an error saying "NO HOST", well, I put it back i really don't know why it happens.

NO HOST means it keeps flashing red/white and connection is not stabilished.
Looks like your UAD driver is trying to communicate over USB 2 protocol. So the cable should be plugged in.

Looks like your UAD driver is trying to communicate over USB 2 protocol. So the cable should be plugged in.
Interesting,

But it isn't supposed to happen, right?

All my units are TB2, wo why on earth this damn driver is doing that? (weird)

My conections are the following

VisionG >> Titan Ridge Rev1 (TB3 out) >> Startech TB3 to TB2 adapter >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> TWIN QUAD TB2

Is there a reason for the UAD driver try to use USB 2 protocols, knowing that all stuff are TB3 and TB2?

Interesting,

But it isn't supposed to happen, right?

All my units are TB2, wo why on earth this damn driver is doing that? (weird)

My conections are the following

VisionG >> Titan Ridge Rev1 (TB3 out) >> Startech TB3 to TB2 adapter >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> TWIN QUAD TB2

Is there a reason for the UAD driver try to use USB 2 protocols, knowing that all stuff are TB3 and TB2?
My speculation is that it uses USB 2 for controlling the device and Thunderbolt 2 for audio stream I/O.

Perhaps other UAD owners can chime in…

Ouch, looks like ioupsd is running, which is not good. I see you've already contacted the developer of CommanderProFix. Probably best to post your EFI configuration using HackinDROM App according to this:
Please see spoiler Create Report Archive.
Shall I post my existing EFI or are you suggesting I create a new EFI from scratch using HackinDROM?

Also, incidentally, I attempted to use HackinDROM to upgrade from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 but it did not work after several attempts. Worked fine upgrading to 0.6.9.

Last edited:
Shall I post my existing EFI or are you suggesting I create a new EFI from scratch using HackinDROM?
Please see last sentence of my previous reply. Or just state which version of Lilu you are using. If it's the latest version then it's compatible with CommanderProFix, in which case it would be best to continue troubleshooting with the developer of CommanderProFix.

Also, incidentally, I attempted to use HackinDROM to upgrade from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 but it did not work after several attempts. Worked fine upgrading to 0.6.9.
Unfortunately, "it did not work" does not help us help you.

Hi, all! I have just made Apple TV work on Big Sur 11.1.
My machine is Z490 Vision D with i7 -10700 and GPU AMD RX 5700 XT.
My machine is set to iMac 20,2.
I have OpenCore 064.
I updated from Catalina, and my Apple TV didn't work. So I did some research,
and I did this.

I opened the command line, and I paste line by line, and pushed enter
these are the commands:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDHEVCDecode -bool YES

After that Apple TV works.

I hope I help, but, before you do it, let some experienced users to answer my post. I don’t want to mess up your machine.
thanks dude... it's work for me. you rock !

Back