Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes indeed! Typo fixed.
Will be watching WWDC tomorrow! I have an old iPad 4 which I can watch on. I'm sure most are excited about iOS, iPadOS, but us at tonymacx86.com are macOS nerds! I hope they release it as a public beta not just PAYING developers.
They will release a public beta within a few days or a couple of weeks after the developer beta. This version is expected to be a relatively minor update after last year’s huge update. Let’s hope a lot more drivers are included (especially Navi 22 and 23 GPUs).

** OpenCore 0.7.0 Released **

Due to WWDC keynote, I'll create the 0.7.0 Mini-Guide in a day or so. Enjoy the show!

Yes indeed! Typo fixed.

They will release a public beta within a few days or a couple of weeks after the developer beta. This version is expected to be a relatively minor update after last year’s huge update. Let’s hope a lot more drivers are included (especially Navi 22 and 23 GPUs).
And Maple Ridge…

** OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Update to OpenCore 0.7.0 using HackinDROM App
Available for both Broadcom WiFi/BT and OpenIntelWireless WiFi/BT

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to either 0.7.0 Development Version or 0.7.0 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.0
2. VirtualSMC 1.2.4
3. NVMeFix 1.0.8
4. AppleALC 1.6.1
5. BrightnessKeys 1.0.2
6. RestrictEvents 1.0.2 (added, but not enabled; this is for MacPro7,1 users)
7. New HfsPlus.efi

Changes to config.plist:
  • To fix HDMI audio through iGPU, Fake Device ID 0x709D0000 is specified in DeviceProperties.
  • New version of FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext is included that does not require Fake Device ID to be specified in DeviceProperties.
  • Misc --> Boot --> LauncherOption has been Disabled. If you have a multi-boot system you may wish to turn this back on (previous setting was Full).
  • EnableVectorAcceleration has been enabled. This is the recommended setting according to OpenCore developers.
Reminder:

This update also includes SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml that limits the number of USB ports to 15 by disabling USB 2.x connections on the following ports:

USB 2.0 --> HS03 (red USB port on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS04 (red USB port on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> Thunderbolt Port 1
USB 2.0 --> Thunderbolt Port 2

V3 is disabled by default, but can be enabled manually after the OpenCore 0.7.0 update is completed. If you enable V3, be sure to disable XhciPortLimit kernel quirk.

If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.0 Development Version or 0.7.0 Release Version.

For manual update purposes, the ZIP files are attached below.
  • File on left is for Broadcom WiFi/BT (4.5 MB).
  • File on right is for Intel WiFi/BT (51 MB).

Attachments

• OC-070-VISION-D.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 233
  • OC-070-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip
    48.6 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI for Z490 Vision G, Not D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Reminder: Disable Serial Port in BIOS --> IO Ports

Update to OpenCore 0.7.0 using HackinDROM App

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to either 0.7.0 Development Version or 0.7.0 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.0
2. VirtualSMC 1.2.4
3. NVMeFix 1.0.8
4. AppleALC 1.6.1
5. BrightnessKeys 1.0.2
6. RestrictEvents 1.0.2 (added, but not enabled; this is for MacPro7,1 users)
7. New HfsPlus.efi

Changes to config.plist:
  • To fix HDMI audio through iGPU, Fake Device ID 0x709D0000 is specified in DeviceProperties.
  • New version of FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext is included that does not require Fake Device ID to be specified in DeviceProperties.
  • Misc --> Boot --> LauncherOption has been Disabled. If you have a multi-boot system you may wish to turn this back on (previous setting was Full).
  • EnableVectorAcceleration has been enabled. This is the recommended setting according to OpenCore developers.

Reminder:

This update also includes SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V3.aml that limits the number of USB ports to 15 by disabling USB 2.x connections on the following ports:

USB 2.0 --> HS01 (front panel USB-C port)
USB 2.0 --> HS03 (between LAN and HDMI on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS04 (between LAN and HDMI on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS05 (between LAN and HDMI on rear IO panel)
USB 2.0 --> HS06 (rear IO panel USB-C port)
USB 2.0 --> HS09 (one of the two front panel Type A ports)

V3 is enabled by default, but can be disabled manually after the OpenCore 0.7.0 update is completed. If you disable V3, be sure to enable XhciPortLimit kernel quirk.

If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.0 Development Version or 0.7.0 Release Version.

For manual update purposes, the ZIP is attached below.

Attachments

• EFI-070-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
** Supplemental Note for OpenCore 0.7.0 Users **

You may optionally enable AllowToggleSIP, which is a new feature in OpenCanopy 0.7.0. Using the latest OpenCore Configurator, open your config.plist and enable the Misc --> Security --> AllowToggleSIP checkbox as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 3.47.36 PM.png

Now you will see these options when you press spacebar at the OpenCanopy Picker:

07223832.png07223839.png

It is recommended to keep SIP Enabled unless something does not work. If you disable SIP using this feature, OpenCore will set SIP flags to 0x026F, which should allow unsigned kexts to load and macOS updates to take place.

Hi @CaseySJ

I used RX 6800 + GC titan ridge rev1.0(unflashed firmware,nvm50) + Ultrafine5K(2019) +BigSur 11.4+model(20,1)

After reading the progress bar, the screen will be black for a period of time, After entering the system, check the system report, and the display card 6800 will appear after a few seconds, and the sound, camera and brightness adjustment not worked

What should be modified in EFI file,I would appriciate for your help, thanks for your great work!

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what "SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext" do, it doesn't looks like it's included in config, does it gets linked by another kexts?

I just installed Windows 10 yesterday, so here are some suggestions:
  • Format the Windows NVMe SSD (not the USB install disk) on a Mac (yes, a Mac) using Disk Utility:
    • Name: Windows
    • Format: FAT32
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  • It's important to set the Scheme to GUID Partition Map. This creates an EFI partition on the Windows NVMe (or SATA) SSD.
  • Download Microsoft's Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 (this must be done on a Windows machine) and then use that tool to create the USB install disk.
  • Now physically disconnect all macOS drives from the system. If you fail to do this, the Windows installer will abort.
  • When the Windows installer starts and you reach the screen to Format the destination disk, select the large FAT32 partition on the Windows NVMe SSD (not the smaller EFI partition).
    • Then delete that FAT32 partition.
    • Now it will change to "Unallocated space".
    • Highlight that row.
    • And click Install. Windows will be installed into the "Unallocated space".
  • When Windows is fully installed, you may shut down the system and reinstall the macOS SSDs.
    • At the OpenCore Picker menu you should now see an option to boot Windows.
I've been partially followed your advises. (I didn't format the new SATA SSD for Windows under Mac but during the Win installing phase, and then I followed all the other advises.) Now I had the Windows correctly visible on OC boot loader for a week or so. However, now it's disappeared. I can see the Windows disk under Big Sur. (It's unnamed at the moment.) But OC cannot see it anymore. Is there a way to tell OC to load the Win's EFI without re-formatting and re-installing Windows? TIA!

Back