Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Does anyone has any idea how to disable SIP on big sure

i tried almost everything and i get this:
View attachment 520058

but i can't change nothing in system>library

so please if anyone know how to get this thing open let me know i want to enable rgb mode but to do that i need to add somthing in system > library .
  • SIP is fully disabled already. The warning in your screenshot can be ignored.
  • Apple's csrutil disable command, however, does not disable all SIP flags. To disable the same flags that csrutil disables, set csr-active-config to 7F000000.
  • However, it is not possible to modify anything in the /System folder in Big Sur.
  • We can add files to /Libary/Extensions, but we cannot modify /System in any way.

• SIP is fully disabled already. The warning in your screenshot can be ignored.
  • Apple's csrutil disable command, however, does not disable all SIP flags. To disable the same flags that csrutil disables, set csr-active-config to 7F000000.
  • However, it is not possible to modify anything in the /System folder in Big Sur.
  • We can add files to /Libary/Extensions, but we cannot modify /System in any way.
Thanks, CaseySJ.

I'm trying to add something to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

But without any luck to copy the file I want to replace there I'm going to try what you just suggest and see what happened.

Thanks, CaseySJ.

I'm trying to add something to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

But without any luck to copy the file I want to replace there I'm going to try what you just suggest and see what happened.
Again, we cannot modify the /System folder in any way. But we can add a DisplayEDID-x-x.kext into /Library/Extensions (and rebuild kernel cache by typing sudo touch /Library/Extensions then rebooting) or into EFI/OC/Kexts (and add reference in config.plist --> Kernel).

Reactions: jd6
Thanks, CaseySJ.

Override files can go into /Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides instead. That's where SwitchResX puts them. Are you trying to do a mtdd or icns file instead of an override file?

Hi

I tried 4 times to update to Big Sur 11.4 (Opencore 0.6.9).

Every time I have one crash during the upgrade, but then installation continues.
After installation it will crash and reboot after every login.

I was trying to update from Big Sur 11.3.1 on my Z490 Vision D which was rock steady.

Anyone had this issue ?

HI all,

I know that the recommendations when it comes to BIOS is to stick to F5. Is anybody running their config with F20? The reason I am asking is that, when booting my system with my 6800XT, I have no video until macOS is loaded. I mentioned recently that I fixed it by running 2 PCIe power cables to the video card rather than one with a splitter, and also unplugging/plugging the monitor but it worked only once. I tried to reboot the system so that I could boot Windows 10 but same problem reappeared. Reading several posts in the net, a few people fixed the issue by flashing the BIOS to the latest version (not necessary on a Z490). Just curious to see if people on this forum are running the Z490 with the latest BIOS which is F20. Thanks.

HI all,

I know that the recommendations when it comes to BIOS is to stick to F5. Is anybody running their config with F20? The reason I am asking is that, when booting my system with my 6800XT, I have no video until macOS is loaded. I mentioned recently that I fixed it by running 2 PCIe power cables to the video card rather than one with a splitter, and also unplugging/plugging the monitor but it worked only once. I tried to reboot the system so that I could boot Windows 10 but same problem reappeared. Reading several posts in the net, a few people fixed the issue by flashing the BIOS to the latest version (not necessary on a Z490). Just curious to see if people on this forum are running the Z490 with the latest BIOS which is F20. Thanks.
I do, everything works perfectly

I do, everything works perfectly
f20 is working now. Also, with f20, if you enable VT-d, you get kernel DMA protection for Thunderbolt in Windows, if you care about such things.

Back