Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@jaymonkey,
The OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI that I uploaded for the Z490 Vision G uses iMac19,1 instead of iMacPro1,1. Regarding sleep, what change(s) would you say solved the problem?

@Inqnuam,
Something looks suspicious. The EFI folder I uploaded for Z490 Vision G specifies iMac19,1 but it looks as if HackinDROM app changes it to iMac9,1:
View attachment 519449
I could have made a mistake, but can you check the two config files for Z490 Vision G in the database to see what System Product Name they are using?
SystemProductName is applied to the build and not to each config.plist
In the database we have it as iMac9,1 for Z490 Vision G
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 20.36.20.png

But you can change it from there:
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 20.38.50.png

Got myself into trouble and haven't figured out a solution. If this is the wrong forum, please forgive.

1. Was running OC 0.6.8 with Casey's Airportltwm and Wireless and Bluetooth was working.
2. Decided to try the 2.0.0 Alpha and installed 2.0.0-3cc4d0b. Wireless and Bluetooth still working and now Sleep, Handoff, and Airdrop also worked.
2. Updated to OC 0.6.9 with HackinDROM. Everything worked. It made a zip of the previous EFI.
2. Saw that there was an update for Airportltwm last week and updated to 2.0.0-33f4fbb (not exactly sure that is the exact update as I didn't save that info but was after 3cc4d0b).
4. Rebooted and the only thing that appeared on the screen was the Apple Logo. Reset NVRAM checked CSV lock but didn't change any BIOS parameters. Rebooted and the machine rebooted properly, however neither Wireless nor Bluetooth worked. I could not turn Wireless on and there was no Bluetooth Preference Pane.
5. Decided to drop back to the EFI that HackinDROM compressed (previous EFI) but Wireless and Bluetooth still didn't work. Same issue no Bluetooth Preference Pane and could not turn wireless on.
6. Booted into Windows. Both Wireless and Bluetooth worked so it is not a hardware problem.
7. Booted into Recovery mode and ran verify on 11.3.1 boot disk. Rebooted but still not luck. Same issues.
8. Reinstalled Mac OS X 11.3.1 from Recover Disk. Reset NVRAM and rebooted. No luck. Same issues.
9. Got a copy of Casey's OC 0.6.8 EFI file for OpenIntelWireless. Configured the config.plist with OpenCore Configurator with platform info and the boot argument igfxfw=2 and Misc BlessOveride for my Linux Drive.
10. Checked Kernel that Aiportltwm for Big-Sur was enabled. The two OpenIntelWireless BT are also enabled. I didn't changed anything else in the config.plist file.
11. Booted and reset NVRAM. Booted again. Same issue. Cannot turn on Wireless and no Bluetooth setting pane. According to kextstat Airportltwm isn't loaded. Don't understand why, after starting over with Casey's OC 0.6.8 OpenWireless EFI folder, I'm still getting the same error. Is there now some LOCK setting that I should check that may have gotten reset? I remember there was something about that for Airportltwm at some point.
12. Going to try Casey's OC 0.6.9 OpenIntelWireless and configure it and try that. Other than that I cannot think of anything else to try unless there is a LOCK that I should be looking at. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rand

@RandC,

There's no lock -- we can simply replace AirportItlwm kexts with newer or older versions and reboot. We have to rename the files first, but otherwise it's simply a drag-and-drop operation.

Recommendation:
  • Restore the OC 0.6.8 file that HackinDROM zipped.
  • To be safe, set SecureBootModel to Default.
  • Then shutdown and perform CMOS Reset.
  • Power up and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Also ensure CFG-Lock is Disabled.
  • Boot macOS and check if you can connect to WiFi/BT.
  • Also ensure that a Fenvi or other Broadcom module is not installed.

@RandC,

There's no lock -- we can simply replace AirportItlwm kexts with newer or older versions and reboot. We have to rename the files first, but otherwise it's simply a drag-and-drop operation.

Recommendation:
  • Power up and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Also ensure CFG-Lock is Disabled.
Thanks Casey. Where do I set SecureBootModel? BIOS has "Secure Boot Mode" which is "Standard" or "Custom". Also don't think I'm booting off of the EFI that I think I am. Downloaded your OC 0.6.9 and configured it, but when I boot I don't see the OC screen that you show. No version, no buttons at bottom. So that may be my problem. Tried to use HackinDROM but it try to update and apparently the site is down. I also cannot get to site to manually download the new version. Thanks for the advice. Once I figure out why it appears that I'm not actually using OC 0.6.9, if I can, I'll use the suggestions above.

Rand

Thanks Casey. Where do I set SecureBootModel? BIOS has "Secure Boot Mode" which is "Standard" or "Custom". Also don't think I'm booting off of the EFI that I think I am. Downloaded your OC 0.6.9 and configured it, but when I boot I don't see the OC screen that you show. No version, no buttons at bottom. So that may be my problem. Tried to use HackinDROM but it try to update and apparently the site is down. I also cannot get to site to manually download the new version. Thanks for the advice. Once I figure out why it appears that I'm not actually using OC 0.6.9, if I can, I'll use the suggestions above.

Rand
SecureBootModel is in the Misc --> Security section of config.plist. Also disable LauncherOption from Misc --> Boot section.

Then save config.plist and reboot. At the Gigabyte splash screen, press F12 and select the disk containing the EFI you wish to boot.

@RandC,

Recommendation:
One last quick question. I have "Mackintosh HD" and "Hackintosh HD Backup". Backup has a different EFI folder than HD. I'm putting the new EFI only on "Macintosh HD". How does OC decide which EFI to use to bring up the picker. Since the picker doesn't look like your OC 0.6.9, if OC is using the EFI from Backup instead of the EFI from HD, this would be what I'm seeing. Since I don't have a WiFI card in the machine any longer that would explain what I'm seeing with WiFI and Bluetooth. How does OC choose which EFI to use? Is there a way to select an other one? If I also put the same EFI on "Backup" and it works, then I'll at least know that OC was not using the EFI that I thought it was.

Rand

SecureBootModel is in the Misc --> Security section of config.plist. Also disable LauncherOption from Misc --> Boot section.

Then save config.plist and reboot. At the Gigabyte splash screen, press F12 and select the disk containing the EFI you wish to boot.
Well I've discovered an answer. The OC in BIOS is not pointing to the EFI on "Mackintosh HD" because when OC boots, it doesn't have an 0.6.9 splash screen. So I went into BIOS and selected the UFEI partition of my "Macintosh HD" disk and the OC splash screen is correct and both Bluetooth and WiFi work. Anyway to fix this without resetting BIOS and reconfiguring?

Thanks

Rand

Well I've discovered an answer. The OC in BIOS is not pointing to the EFI on "Mackintosh HD" because when OC boots, it doesn't have an 0.6.9 splash screen. So I went into BIOS and selected the UFEI partition of my "Macintosh HD" disk and the OC splash screen is correct and both Bluetooth and WiFi work. Anyway to fix this without resetting BIOS and reconfiguring?

Thanks

Rand
You may have fixed the problem already by setting "Macintosh HD" as the first boot priority in BIOS --> Boot.

Thanks

Rand
Also discovered that the partition name was not EF
You may have fixed the problem already by setting "Macintosh HD" as the first boot priority in BIOS --> Boot.
That probably would have fixed the problem, but I wanted OpenCore to be the first boot option. So I reset CMOS and reconfigured BIOS. Everything now works properly. Since I cannot get HackinDROM to update yet, which means I cannot run it as far as I can tell, what version of Airportltlwm-Big-Sur was delivered with your OC-069-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D.zip.

Again thanks so much for your help. Don't known when this happened. Maybe when I booted and only the Apple symbol came up. I was actually installing the EFI folders correctly. Reseting CMOS and configuring was the trick and eliminates a bunch of garbage in the BIOS boot menu.

Thanks again Casey.

Rand

Back