Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes both cards can be installed at the same time. But some applications will pick one card or the other based on their name (alphabetically) and other applications might give you the option to choose a GPU.

So although you can install multiple GPUs, the trick is to get your apps to choose the right card.
Thank you so much!

I think, that's the problem for general usage. But I think I can manage it with computational programming tools. They might give me some kind of selection.

Apologies. My misunderstanding.

I thought we were talking about an H270N-WiFi motherboard (which only has one PCIe slot, and I thought a GT710 was occupying that).

If you have a new motherboard - Z490 as per the thread etc. - perhaps update your profile. Just to keep me sane. o_O

If you have a new motherboard - Z490 as per the thread etc. - perhaps update your profile. Just to keep me sane. o_O
My apologies. I have updated it.

I thought we were talking about an H270N-WiFi motherboard (which only has one PCIe slot, and I thought a GT710 was occupying that).
I am sick of trying to maintain my own hardware. It requires lots of effort that I cannot have. Today, I ordered this card.

I have some components from old hack. 1200W PSU, 24GB 2400MHz Ram, RX 580 and GT 710, CPU cooler etc. When I get my components -my MOBO and CPU- I will write a simple, mini guide if I success or not. So I can contribute the community.

Last edited:
No, I didn't do anything. I tried the TB3-SSDT that @CaseySJ provided, but that stopped the computer from shutting off. Only thing is that i turn on all the devices before turning on the computer. That's it.
Sounds good, picking up the board. Which OC version did you use and are there any other steps I need to get the Apollo Twin MKii to recognize that you can remember? Do you use UAD 9.14.1 drivers?

@jaymonkey,

Is sleep still failing on the Vision G? Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers redacted.

@CaseySJ Hi there, if I am not mistaken in one of the very old posts in this thread you have mentioned that you were using the Logitech Mx Master 3. Is it the MX Master 3 for Mac model? if so, I have found the following minor issues which are somehow annoying. I was wondering if you had the same ones and if so if/how you solved them:
- waking up from sleep - it takes a while (5-10s) to reconnect to BT
- waking up from sleep - once reconnected to BT, the mouse is very choppy. You move the mouse then the cursor will follow then freeze a little while then move. so far only noticed this issue after waking up
- scrolling pages is not that smooth with free wheel mode on even if smooth scrolling is enabled. I start scrolling a page and suddenly it jumps quite a bit.
I move from the Apple Magic Mouse 2 to this one, but so far I am not too impressed despite all rave reviews.

Also, another thing, I have noticed is that while the mouse is frozen after wake up, I have no Internet connection despite being connected via an Ethernet cable (red port at the back). As soon as the Internet connection is re-established, suddenly the mouse is reconnected to BT. Note that this problem did not happen with the Apple Magic Mouse.

P.S.: I am using a combo WiFi+BT card with a PCIe x1 adapter (but it is not a Fenvi one, just an original Apple one).
Thanks.

Is sleep still failing on the Vision G? Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers redacted.

@CaseySJ,

Yes the system is still not fully going to sleep, the monitor switches off but fans on the PC keep on running, pressing any key wakes up the monitor. Checking the console log shows no errors (wake reasons) when entering sleep so i don't think its a hardware issue.

I'm not sure the iMacPro SMBIOS is the best fit for this system, i understand that using the iMacPro SMBIOS solves a lot of OSX niggles such as DRM, and encoding issues .. etc, but the system does not feel quite as responsive as a 10 core CPU based system should.

I'm going to ditch the HackinDROM generated iMacPro config for now and go back to trying my iMac20,2 config and see how i get on with that, i will probably tinker with the system over the weekend, if I can't get sleep working by next week then i post my EFI for another set of eyes to have a look at.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

I wonder if the Vega GPU is the culprit. The boot argument “agdpmod=pikera” should be removed.

@jaymonkey,

I wonder if the Vega GPU is the culprit. The boot argument “agdpmod=pikera” should be removed.

It's a possibility ..... I already removed agdpmod=pikera

I'll try running the system with the Sapphire Radeon RX 560 Pulse from my other machine to see if that helps to arrow down the problem.

I'll let you know how it goes ......

Cheers
Jay

Q: Do I really need Whatevergreen with dual dGPU + iGPU?
I am running my current setup without it and it runs so smooth, I think.

Q: What are the tricks of WEG over native cards?

Sounds good, picking up the board. Which OC version did you use and are there any other steps I need to get the Apollo Twin MKii to recognize that you can remember? Do you use UAD 9.14.1 drivers?
For some odd reason, I'm always using the latest OC. :)

1. In BIOS be sure to set Thunderbolt Security to No Security, and power on the UAD device before turning on the computer.
2. Yes, I'm also using the latest UAD 9.14.1.
3. You can also try the DTGP.aml and TB3.aml that you can find from Hackindrom site. It might work better for you. I'm also using the latest BIOS for this board, I believe its the 3.10.
4. Enjoy and start making music! :)

Back