Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

What is the reservation with WD drives? I ask because I have a WD SN750 and 'it's fine' ?
Some users have reported problems with (a) macOS installation and (b) booting macOS with their WD SNxx NVMe SSDs. So out of an abundance of caution, I don't actively recommend these drives.

What is the reservation with WD drives? I ask because I have a WD SN750 and 'it's fine' ?
I had severe issues with WD SN750 and Ubuntu. Couldn't even install to a SATA SSD if one was present. Something about it's power states.

I have had no problems in any OS with Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus though. I had gone from WD SN750 to Samsung 970 Evo Plus, which had broken TRIM and ran too hot, booted slow, before going with that drive.

I don't understand why you ignore the question. But I think it is obvious. Can't I use another m.2 port for my bcm94360ng card?
Guys, if you don't help me, I will return that motherboard. I think it's my only motivation to get this in the first place.

I don't understand why you ignore the question. But I think it is obvious. Can't I use another m.2 port for my bcm94360ng card?
Guys, if you don't help me, I will return that motherboard. I think it's my only motivation to get this in the first place.

I don't think anyone ignored your question. You asked one and it was answered. Asking it again does not change the answer.

Does your H270N ITX motherboard have another M.2 socket? On the back-side maybe? The Gigabyte web-site seems to say it only has one with the wireless card in it as default. Usually if it is a CNVI slot, it can only accept Intel Wireless cards, but if your motherboard is different then you can use the slot for other purposes.

It might work in a different M.2 slot, but only WiFi. Bluetooth will absolutely not work because it requires an internal connection to an internal USB port. We can alternatively install the BCM94360NG onto a PCIe card and install the card in an available PCIe slot. These PCIe adapters provide a USB header cable for Bluetooth. Click here for an example.

However, have you seen the posts in this thread about using OpenIntelWireless drivers for the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module? It's not perfect, but you will get WiFi and Bluetooth with the Intel module. Most Handoff/Continuity features won't work, but plain old WiFi and Bluetooth will.

Last edited:
It might work in a different M.2 slot, but only WiFi. Bluetooth will absolutely not work because it requires an internal connection to an internal USB port. We can alternatively install the BCM94360NG onto a PCIe card and install the card in an available PCIe slot. These PCIe adapters provide a USB header cable for Bluetooth. Click here for an example.
That's the unique information. Thank you very much!
I don't think anyone ignored your question. You asked one and it was answered. Asking it again does not change the answer.
Same topic and different question. Sorry to bothering you.

However, have you seen the posts in this thread about using OpenIntelWireless drivers for the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module? It's not perfect, but you will get WiFi and Bluetooth with the Intel module. Most Handoff/Continuity features won't work, but plain old WiFi and Bluetooth will.
Yeah, I have a little experiences with this driver. But I have pods. I want native experiences.

Does your H270N ITX motherboard have another M.2 socket? On the back-side maybe?
I have replaced the card with the native one. The original card from MOBO was working fine on Wifi but no luck with BT for Pods. And in a GitHub issue, the problem is looking bad and no solution in near time. Then I migrate to native card.

I am looking for the PCI converter for my NGFF card. But, I'm wondering, can I install two native graphics cards into this setup? One for display, one for calculation, like ML or other kinds of stuff?

I have MSI RX 580 and Asus GT 710. I think, both are supported natively.

I am looking for the PCI converter for my NGFF card. But, I'm wondering, can I install two native graphics cards into this setup? One for display, one for calculation, like ML or other kinds of stuff?

And if so, I can test and simply write a guide for this situation. I can contribute the community.

Yes both cards can be installed at the same time. But some applications will pick one card or the other based on their name (alphabetically) and other applications might give you the option to choose a GPU.

So although you can install multiple GPUs, the trick is to get your apps to choose the right card.

Yes both cards can be installed at the same time. But some applications will pick one card or the other based on their name (alphabetically) and other applications might give you the option to choose a GPU.
Thank you so much!

So although you can install multiple GPUs, the trick is to get your apps to choose the right card.
I think, that's the problem for general usage. But I think I can manage it with computational programming tools. They might give me some kind of selection.

Back