Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi Everyone,

I've updated to 11.3.1 and it's borked my usb configuration and I've lost bluetooth with my Fenvi card

@CaseySJ I've tried both of your latest amls (V2 and V3) but neither are working for me.

What's weirding me out is I seem to have gained additional port names that I've never seen before!

Any idea what xx01 --> xx04 are?

This is my current port configuration using the V3 SSDT

Any help appreciated as I seem to be going around in circles on this one.
Hello @crossmoid,

I'm unable to see the screenshot, but if you're using Hackintool, be sure to click Clear All and then Refresh. When using V3 of the USB SSDT, please check that XhciPortLimit is disabled in the Kernel section of config.plist.
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.36.37 PM.png

A new OpenIntelWireless build was released earlier today. If you're using the 2.0.0-alpha driver simply download the latest version, rename the file, and replace the existing file in OC/Kexts.

How to rename files:
  • After downloading the Big Sur version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
  • After downloading the Catalina version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • After downloading the Mojave version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Mojave.kext
Click here for more detailed instructions (if needed).

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.54.18 PM.png

UPDATE: This build seems to drop WiFi connections regularly. Not recommended.

Last edited:
Hello @crossmoid,

I'm unable to see the screenshot, but if you're using Hackintool, be sure to click Clear All and then Refresh. When using V3 of the USB SSDT, please check that XhciPortLimit is disabled in the Kernel section of config.plist.
View attachment 518878
Thanks Casey, ill give it a try when I get home tonight and I've re-attached the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 19.44.26.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 19.44.26.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 52
@CaseySJ Hello, I've gotten my MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC with Titan Ridge 2.0 working with a UA Apollo Twin 2 MKII. I modified a Gigabyte B550 SSDT and compiled through from HackinDROM. The only changes I made were PT 20->PT24 and GPP1->GPP2 in the SSDT then compiled and enabled in config.plist.

After a reboot, Thunderbolt appeared in the PCI section of system profiler. When I rebooted and turned on Apollo, I saw it showed up in PCI and worked.

Now, once I had to turn off the computer and rebooted, the Apollo shows up in verbose (in the middle of screenshots). The UA Apollo doesn't show up or detected by UAD meter. It's off how it suddenly stopped working after a reboot. And it shows up in verbose.

Also TbtForcePower.efi causes freeze before bootloader. Do you think it has to do with power? I flashed titan ridge 2.0 with NVM23 firmware.

Thanks

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    942.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Reboot with SSDT.png
    Reboot with SSDT.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Second reboot.png
    Second reboot.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 39
  • EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 44
@CaseySJ Hello, I've gotten my MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC with Titan Ridge 2.0 working with a UA Apollo Twin 2 MKII. I modified a Gigabyte B550 SSDT and compiled through from HackinDROM. The only changes I made were PT 20->PT24 and GPP1->GPP2 in the SSDT then compiled and enabled in config.plist.

After a reboot, Thunderbolt appeared in the PCI section of system profiler. When I rebooted and turned on Apollo, I saw it showed up in PCI and worked.

Now, once I had to turn off the computer and rebooted, the Apollo shows up in verbose (in the middle of screenshots). The UA Apollo doesn't show up or detected by UAD meter. It's off how it suddenly stopped working after a reboot. And it shows up in verbose.

Also TbtForcePower.efi causes freeze before bootloader. Do you think it has to do with power? I flashed titan ridge 2.0 with NVM23 firmware.

Thanks
Hello @777Buzz,

Some comments/questions:
  • Are you running Catalina or Big Sur?
  • Does your motherboard have a Thunderbolt header (THB_C)?
  • If not, are the top and middle pins of the 5-pin J1 header connected together with a short jumper cable?
  • TbtForcePower.efi should not be used.

I use Mojave 10.14.6 with OC 0.5.7

The MSI b450 Pro Carbon AC motherboard doesn't have THB_C.

The pins 3&5 are shorted from the end of the connector.

I may try enabling TbtForcePower.efi driver and then warm reboot, boot from another USB with EFI, and edit it out with propertree to my config.plist.
That would be for adding power to the TB card. I do have the Thunderbolt showing up in system profiler regardless if the UAD Apollo is detected or not.

I use Mojave 10.14.6 with OC 0.5.7

The MSI b450 Pro Carbon AC motherboard doesn't have THB_C.

The pins 3&5 are shorted from the end of the connector.

I may try enabling TbtForcePower.efi driver and then warm reboot, boot from another USB with EFI, and edit it out with propertree to my config.plist.
That would be for adding power to the TB card. I do have the Thunderbolt showing up in system profiler regardless if the UAD Apollo is detected or not.
When we bridge the top and middle pins of the J1 header, we do not need TbtForcePower.efi. This .efi rarely works and should not be used.

Some other suggestions:
  • Update to latest UAD drivers and UAD firmware (firmware goes on the Apollo)
  • Perform a hardware reset on the UAD Apollo
  • If this does not help, try:
    • Flashing the original firmware on the GC-Titan Ridge or
    • Flashing the DSM2 firmware (filename: TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin) available from the Repository.

When we bridge the top and middle pins of the J1 header, we do not need TbtForcePower.efi. This .efi rarely works and should not be used.

Some other suggestions:
  • Update to latest UAD drivers and UAD firmware (firmware goes on the Apollo)
  • Perform a hardware reset on the UAD Apollo
  • If this does not help, try:
    • Flashing the original firmware on the GC-Titan Ridge or
    • Flashing the DSM2 firmware (filename: TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin) available from the Repository.
The only thing on the system that changed, since the UAD Twin 2 last worked, was installing UAD drivers and they did update the firmware. Then stopped working after a restart. Hotplug worked before.

Do you know if I should
try using a MacBook with TB2 to downgrade the Apollo firmware by getting an older UAD driver?

I used “
GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin

TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin” to flash the GC-Titan Ridge v2.0 firmware. I’ll try “DSM2” from here: https://github.com/qthegaijin/TR-Firmwares/tree/master/DSM2 Titan Ridge MacOS Firmware

edit:

I used: GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin on a Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge v2.0 add-in-card.

Port 7 populates when using NVM23 (mod Elias64Fr) on same set-up and my modified b550-b450 SSDT in efi zip.

Last edited:
I performed a hardware reset on the UAD Apollo, flashed to TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin, installed card with 2x 6 pin power and shorted TB_C, turned on interface, then booted then warm reboot. Apollo not showing up in IOreg explorer or PCI system info.

Also flashed to DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin, same booting process and Apollo not showing up. Still only Thunderbolt in PCI.

Do you think setting a different UID would be necessary? I don’t know if it’s the titan ridge firmware because it always shows up under PCi like in the screenshots.

May you please look over the SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml I modified in my EFI.zip? ( I also have SSDT-DTPG enabled in OC config) I’m currently on NVM 33.

@xtreem.p,

Can you offer any suggestions to @777Buzz regarding his UAD Apollo on AMD Ryzen MSI B450 Pro Carbon motherboard with GC-Titan Ridge?

Perhaps some BIOS settings should be checked, such as Above 4G decoding. Or revert back to previous UAD firmware?

Back