Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi, trying to update with HackintoshDROM to 069 but it says not enough space on EFI...
Should i create new EFI? (remove some kext before?...):shifty:

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 21.52.27.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 21.52.27.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 21.55.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 21.55.24.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 66
Hi, trying to update with HackintoshDROM to 069 but it says not enough space on EFI...
Should i create new EFI? (remove some kext before?...):shifty:

If you're replacing an EFI and have removed the old EFI then you can empty your trashcan (with EFI partition mounted) and it will clear up that space.

If you're replacing an EFI and have removed the old EFI then you can empty your trashcan (with EFI partition mounted) and it will clear up that space.
In fact i'd like to update existing 068 to 069 so i should see Update to X.Y.Z i think, or wait for hackintoshDROM site is up to date to 069 and do it manually maybe.
(if i trash existing EFI i will have to go from scratch for config.plist?)

[..]
Please follow the three screenshots below to try this experiment. The save the file and reboot.

Wow, it seems to work. You're brilliant.

In fact i'd like to update existing 068 to 069 so i should see Update to X.Y.Z i think, or wait for hackintoshDROM site is up to date to 069 and do it manually maybe.
(if i trash existing EFI i will have to go from scratch for config.plist?)
Please try this:
  • Mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD.
  • Then delete any old versions of OpenCore but do not delete the most recent one (0.6.8).
  • Empty the trash.
  • Then try the update process again with HackinDROM App.

Please try this:
  • Mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD.
  • Then delete any old versions of OpenCore but do not delete the most recent one (0.6.8).
  • Empty the trash.
  • Then try the update process again with HackinDROM App.
Looks like I just have the most recent OC (068) in my EFI folder so I can't trash it.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 22.53.48.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 22.53.48.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 53
Looks like Ii just have the most recent OC (068) in my EFI folder so I can't trash it.
This might indicate a server-side issue.

@Inqnuam, please see the screenshot. HackinDROM App should not require 157.5 MB.

NEVERMIND. This might be due to large APPLE firmware folders inside EFI folder.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 21.52.27.png

Last edited:
Looks like i just have the most recent OC (068) in my EFI folder so i can't trash it.
If you don’t need it, delete your apple / firmware folder, that should free up enough space up to upgrade.

Did the same thing, as I had the same problem.

If you don’t need it, delete your apple / firmware folder, that should free up enough space up to upgrade.

Did the same thing, as I had the same problem.
Excellent observation!

@zedoc,

Please open the EFI folder and see if there's an APPLE folder. If so, delete it and empty the trash.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 2.07.04 PM.png

Back