Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I actually don't use these 2 ports :lol: ... you mean that we cannot use anymore these 4 ports with USB 2 devices, but USB 3 compliant devices will still work, right?

I actually rely the most on my thunderbolt ports. Could you ensure me that they will still work properly after the update?
USB 3 devices will connect everywhere, but USB 2 devices won’t connect to red ports. If we use the new SSDT coming next week then USB 2 devices will not connect to Thunderbolt ports either. Again, USB 3 will connect everywhere.

By the way, I just rebooted with SecureBootModel set to Disabled and my WIFI is still working!
I’ll have to independently test that! If so, I’ll make that change to OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI for Intel Wireless.

I’ll have to independently test that! If so, I’ll make that change to OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI for Intel Wireless.
Please let me know about the result! :) it could actually be a feature of the 2.0.0-alpha version…

Please let me know about the result! :) it could actually be a feature of the 2.0.0-alpha version…
CONFIRMED!

AirportItlwm 2.0.0-alpha no longer requires SecureBootModel to be set to Default. We can use Disabled.

CONFIRMED!

AirportItlwm 2.0.0-alpha no longer requires SecureBootModel to be set to Default. We can use Disabled.
Is this for OC 0.6.8, 0.6.9 or both? Catalina and/or Big Sur?

I ask because I'm still using OC 0.6.8 and Catalina.

Is this for OC 0.6.8, 0.6.9 or both? Catalina and/or Big Sur?

I ask because I'm still using OC 0.6.8 and Catalina.
This actually applies to AirportItlwm 2.0.0-alpha, but I tested it only under Big Sur 11.4 beta 1. It might work in Catalina as well.

@Middleman,

With macOS Big Sur 11.4 Beta 1 it is still necessary to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext to attach the 2.5GbE driver AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext. If we don't apply the fake ID, we default to the 1GbE driver.

I can confirm that adding the kernel patch provided by Vit9696 on the dortania guide posted earlier, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext are no longer needed (MacOs 11.3). The AppleIntel210Ethernet kext is loaded (v2.3.1) but I cannot test 2.6GBE speeds as I have no devices. (I'm on Vision-G)

Cheers!

I can confirm that adding the kernel patch provided by Vit9696 on the dortania guide posted earlier, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext are no longer needed (MacOs 11.3). The AppleIntel210Ethernet kext is loaded (v2.3.1) but I cannot test 2.6GBE speeds as I have no devices. (I'm on Vision-G)

Cheers!

That’s good to hear, I’ll certainly give it a try!

One thing I’ve found with my Z490 Aorus Xtreme build is, while Big Sur and Catalina will now boot fine, the EFI under OC 0.6.8 will simply not boot on High Sierra 10.13.6, but will on my original OC 0.6.5. And yes the Aquantia slot and Intel WiFi works in High Sierra! I’m also in the midst of enabling the iGPU fully on my Rocket Lake i9 to work as a headless!

But certainly I’m not sure what is causing the issue of High Sierra non-booting on my OC 0.6.8 build...

Also I’m also booting successfully from Thunderbolt on the latest build on both High Sierra and Big Sur!

Cheers!
I can confirm that the speed is 2.5 Gbps when following the dortania guide and removing the FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext.

I'm on Z490 Vision D and Big Sur 11.3

I can confirm it too. Both Ethernet ports and WiFi now all finally working on 11.3 for Rocket Lake i9 Z490 Aorus Xtreme!

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 11.35.19 PM.png

Back