Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

• USB-C port should work with V3, but only if (a) the connected device supports USB 3.x and (b) the USB-C cable specifically supports USB 3.x protocol. Example cables:
  • The name of the SSDT is okay. The misspelling is an historical artifact that we do not correct because we consider it an important piece of Hackintosh history.
The USB-C port works with hubs and USB-A thumb drives, but not with my SSD enclosures. It's all new stuff so I would assume the cables are fine. I tried several. If I can find a day to myself I will bear down and see what's going on. It could literally all come down to reinstalling 11.3. I'm going to try a completely clean 11.3 install on a separate drive. Thanks.

Regarding the SSDT. I will not stand in the way of historical artifacts. :)

It looks like the cable fits, and I'd think it would work, but I don't have a fully built PC to test. Getting close though.

Going to need a CPU cooler and a GPU to complete the build, and the GPU I want I don't see getting anytime soon. Might have to pick up a old one to limp along until I can get a Sapphire 6800 XT at a sane price and 11.4 is out.

The iGPU is more than fine to run a single 4k display temporarily.

The iGPU is more than fine to run a single 4k display temporarily.
I've seen people get it to run without acceleration (since macOS doesn't support UHD 750), and that's good enough for me for testing. Still need a CPU cooler though. I broke the one I was going to use and the replacement I'm set on is only available at 50-80% markup, which I'm trying to wait out since it was normal price a few days ago.

I've seen people get it to run without acceleration (since macOS doesn't support UHD 750), and that's good enough for me for testing. Still need a CPU cooler though. I broke the one I was going to use and the replacement I'm set on is only available at 50-80% markup, which I'm trying to wait out since it was normal price a few days ago.

Ohhh right. I was not paying attention and assumed you were using a 10th gen processor with UHD 630. Yeah, UHD 750 is going to be a problem. Given the current nonsense in GPU market your best bet is a GT710 with DDR3 memory (not worth it in normal times) if you are not using a 4K display. Atleast you'll have a running system.

Although I'm on Big Sur 11.4 Beta 1, I did not notice any problem with VDA Decoder on 11.3 beta builds either.
View attachment 516669
Thanks Casey. I don't know what was the problem. However, I tried fresh install of BigSur 11.3 using the USB which bring back the VDA decoder.

CaseySJ,

Some good news on my Z490 Aorus Xtreme build...I finally solved the Ethernet puzzle!
I updated OC to 0.6.8 plus Lilu/Whatevergreen to latest versions and rechecked my ACPI and EFI drivers. Seems I had somehow missed adding SSDT-DTGP and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and the new TB3HP.aml along the way! Anyways the Aquantia 10GBe is now detected and working superfast! My test results are below. Oh and the Intel AX201 WiFi6 also works via OpenIntelWireless. :angel:

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 6.57.31 AM.png

My only issue now is the Intel 2.5GBe is still not working despite my best efforts of using both Rehabman's Intel I255-V kext and the device-id F2150000 insertion. I believe it could be something to do with either the PCI Bridge or PXSX USB map settings (which I will be redoing on my board soon as my USB 3.2 ports are currently disabled). Anyways I heard 11.4.1 beta has a native driver for the Intel I255-LM, so we may not need a kext for long. According to Vit9696 from Dortania there is also a kernel patch that is now out for the I-255-LM that can be used on Big Sur 11.3 and earlier. His latest post is very interesting as uncovers his latest findings on the Z590 chipset > https://dortania.github.io/hackintosh/updates/2021/04/24/rocket-lake.html

CaseySJ,

Some good news on my Z490 Aorus Xtreme build...I finally solved the Ethernet puzzle!
I updated OC to 0.6.8 plus Lilu/Whatevergreen to latest versions and rechecked my ACPI and EFI drivers. Seems I had somehow missed adding SSDT-DTGP and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and the new TB3HP.aml along the way! Anyways the Aquantia 10GBe is now detected and working superfast! My test results are below. Oh and the Intel AX201 WiFi6 also works via OpenIntelWireless. :angel:

View attachment 517044

My only issue now is the Intel 2.5GBe is still not working despite my best efforts of using both Rehabman's Intel I255-V kext and the device-id F2150000 insertion. I believe it could be something to do with either the PCI Bridge or PXSX USB map settings (which I will be redoing on my board soon as my USB 3.2 ports are currently disabled). Anyways I heard 11.4.1 beta has a native driver for the Intel I255-LM, so we may not need a kext for long. According to Vit9696 from Dortania there is also a kernel patch that is now out for the I-255-LM that can be used on Big Sur 11.3 and earlier. His latest post is very interesting as uncovers his latest findings on the Z590 chipset > https://dortania.github.io/hackintosh/updates/2021/04/24/rocket-lake.html
Good information. The article by vit9696 is very informative.
  • I'll test i225-V 2.5GbE port natively in 11.4 beta 1, which is already installed on my Z490 Vision D.
  • The section on USB is intriguing. Has macOS increased the USB port limit to 26?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.41.32 AM.png

CaseySJ,

View attachment 517044

Hey, I have Z490 Aorus Xtreme, too. I have everything working. However, my Thunderbolt hot-plug not working. Can you share your EFI to check or just the TB3HP SSDT. Also I Have Intel 2.5GBe working. All I did using fake pciid with flowing picture:
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 1.34.35 PM.png

That's great to hear CaseySJ! Looking forward to hearing your findings on the port.

Hey, I have Z490 Aorus Xtreme, too. I have everything working. However, my Thunderbolt hot-plug not working. Can you share your EFI to check or just the TB3HP SSDT. Also I Have Intel 2.5GBe working. All I did using fake pciid with flowing picture:
View attachment 517061
Anuloges, that's what I used but the 2.5GBe port never came up. I'm more than happy to share the EFI - it is updated to OC0.6.8 for up to Big Sur 11.3.

I have a question - does the USB 3.2 ports work on yours?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 57
Good information. The article by vit9696 is very informative.
  • I'll test i225-V 2.5GbE port natively in 11.4 beta 1, which is already installed on my Z490 Vision D.
@Middleman,

With macOS Big Sur 11.4 Beta 1 it is still necessary to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext to attach the 2.5GbE driver AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext. If we don't apply the fake ID, we default to the 1GbE driver.

Back