Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I have some difficulties to get a USB mapping... please help me... I want to upgrade to new version. I have a VISION G, not D!

I had some problems with my Vision G update to 11.3, my Bluetooth stopped working, it's working again if I disable XhciPortLimit but other ports stopped working. In the end I created my own USBPorts.kext & SSDT-UIAC using the Hackintool app, now all is good again.

I had some problems with my Vision G update to 11.3, my Bluetooth stopped working, it working again if I disabled XhciPortLimit but other ports stopped working. In the end I created my own USBPorts.kext & SSDT-UIAC using the Hackintool app, now all is good again.
you only need to use USBPorts.kext

you only need to use USBPorts.kext

well I did try just the kext, but my front USB 3.1 port stopped working but my USB C port worked fine, when using SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml, but all ports worked fine when using the UIAC created with the kext.

edit: I will disable SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml and just use the kext to see if all works fine

well I did try just the kext, but my front USB 3.1 port stopped working but my USB C port worked fine, when using SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml, but all ports worked fine when using the UIAC created with the kext.
SSDT-UIAC.aml works with USBInjectAll.kext

or you would just use USBPorts.kext instead of the other 2 :)

Works great with just USBPorts.kext and no UIAC.aml files.

Thanks for correcting the errors that I had made, not messed around with custom USB port maps for years.

** USB Port Status on Z490 Vision D **

After testing all the USB ports on Z490 Vision D with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices (macOS 11.4 beta 1), the only issues I've found are these:
  • USB 2.0 devices will not connect to HS03
  • USB 2.0 devices will not connect to HS04
USB 3.x devices will connect to all ports.

Vision D IO Panel V2.png
Vision D Main Board V3.png

If you are experiencing USB-related issues with macOS 11.3, please let us know the following:
  • USB 2.0 devices do not connect to which ports? Use the diagrams above to identify ports.
  • USB 3.0 devices do not connect to which ports? Use the diagrams above to identify ports.
Because we are exceeding the 15-port USB limit on Z490 Vision D and Z490 Vision G, we are using the XhciPortLimit patch in OpenCore. This patch may be interfering with USB behavior on some motherboards.

We can reduce the usage to 15 ports and disable XhciPortLimit. These changes can be made to OpenCore 0.6.9 and also released separately via a mini-guide.

** Mini-Guide: Limit USB Ports to 15 on Z490 Vision D **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead.​

If you are experiencing USB problems on Gigabyte Z490 Vision D after upgrading to macOS 11.3 (Big Sur), please try the following:
  • Mount EFI partition and copy attached SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml to the OC/ACPI folder.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.19.03 AM.png
  • Run OpenCore Configurator 2.35.0.0 and ensure that it is set to OpenCore 0.6.8 Release Version as shown (from the OpenCore Configurator --> Preferences... dialog):
    Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.06.46 AM.png
  • Add an entry for SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml to the ACPI section as shown:
    Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.08.54 AM.png
  • In the Kernel section, uncheck XhciPortLimit as shown:
    Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.13.43 AM.png
  • Save and reboot.

To limit usage to 15 ports, the port map file attached here disables the following:
  • USB 2.0 --> HS03
  • USB 2.0 --> HS04
  • USB 2.0 --> Thunderbolt Port 1
  • USB 2.0 --> Thunderbolt Port 2
However, USB 2.0 protocol is enabled on the front-panel USB-C port.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml
    855 bytes · Views: 60
Back