Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Interesting. So you both the Big Sur and Catalina kexts are active. I was under the impression that you only used the kext version for the version of macOS you are running, naming it AirportItlwm.kext. I did so because I didn't read about doing what you did. Doesn't having two versions of the AirportItlwm.kext cause confusion in the macOS?
A very useful feature of Hackintosh boot loaders (both OpenCore and Clover) is the ability to inject different kexts for different versions of the macOS kernel.

In this case we can see that a single config.plist supports both Catalina and Big Sur by making use of the MinKernel and MaxKernel fields. More specifically:
  • AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext is injected only for macOS kernel versions 19.0.0 to 19.99.99.
  • AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext is injected only for macOS kernel versions 20.0.0 to 20.99.99.
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.53.19 PM.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.png
    3.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 65
I'm on Designare Z390 so my screen 1 and 2 above is a little different. The third screen is the same.
Have you seen the post directly above yours? Please try the changes shown there.

Last edited:
Have you seen the post directly above yours? Please try the changes shown there.
Hmmmm. Tried those settings but no go. I do notice that under the MinKernal and MaxKernal columns, mine doesn't have anything for those two new kexts. I wonder if that could that have something to do with it? Here are my new screens.
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.41.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.41.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.41.44 PM.png

Hmmmm. Tried those settings but no go. I do notice that under the MinKernal and MaxKernal columns, mine doesn't have anything for those two new kexts. I wonder if that could that have something to do with it? Here are my new screens.
But you are supposed to add MinKernel and MaxKernel into your config.plist, which was the point of my last reply!

@joe12south and @CamoViking I have this same problem and have posted a few times on this thread seeking assistance, but you guys are the first who chimed in with the same problem. I've ceased trying to fix it myself. Would love to say I've stopped caring, but who are we kidding...this kind of stuff (e.g. very nice user interface) is why I prefer Macs... :lol:
Hey all,

A long time ago there were some posts about screen resolution being a bit strange - low resolution at the macOS login screen, then jumping to the correct resolution during the login process.

Back then, I had my 4k monitor connected by HDMI and had this issue.

I recently bought a second 4k monitor (identical to my existing monitor - an LG 27UL850-W) and migrated both monitors to use the DisplayPort cable, using the two ports on my 5500XT nearest the HDMI port. (It has 3 * DP and 1 * HDMI.)

For some strange reason, this has cured the "low resolution at login" problem I had before.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour, and why would this change the system's behaviour?

Cheers,
V

Any luck? When OC 0.6.9 is released next month I may create an OpenIntelWireless EFI for Z390 Designare as well.
@Hackintoshron,

I've created an OpenIntelWireless version of OpenCore 0.6.8 for Z390 Designare, located here:

Has anyone ever had an issue installing the 10.15.7 Supplemental Updates? I am trying to do the latest one and I keep getting 'Some updates could not be installed automatically' when it boots back up.

I tried this several times:
  • ran the update, it downloads
  • asks to restart
  • goes to the black apple screen and says one minute remaining
  • then it restarts unusually fast
  • Picker doesn't show any 'Install Mac OSX' options

Latest OC 0.6.8 and never have had issues with updates before.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Bump please

Back