Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes indeed I have!

It worked with the 1.2.0-stable drivers when I last tested it so it should work even better with the new 2.0.0-alpha drivers.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.
If you use this card in a motherboard that already has a WiFi/BT module, please remember to remove the existing module first.

If you use this card in a motherboard that already has a WiFi/BT module, please remember to remove the existing module first.
My hack is based on Z490 Vision G so there is no built-in Wi-Fi module :) But anyway thanks for the reminder.

Has anyone ever had an issue installing the 10.15.7 Supplemental Updates? I am trying to do the latest one and I keep getting 'Some updates could not be installed automatically' when it boots back up.

I tried this several times:
  • ran the update, it downloads
  • asks to restart
  • goes to the black apple screen and says one minute remaining
  • then it restarts unusually fast
  • Picker doesn't show any 'Install Mac OSX' options

Latest OC 0.6.8 and never have had issues with updates before.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
** Big Sur 11.4 Public Beta 1 **

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.25.57 PM.png
As reported by MacRumors, Big Sur 11.4 Public Beta 1 does indeed support Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs. The supported Device IDs are shown below. The supported 6000-series device IDs are as follows (1002 = AMD):

73A2 1002 = Navi 21 GL ?
73AB 1002 = ?? Could this be RX 6700 XT ?? [RX 6700 XT is NAVI 22, device ID 0x73DF]
73BF 1002 = Navi 21 [Radeon RX 6800/6800 XT / 6900 XT]

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.42.16 PM.png
Source: TechPowerUp

From /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX6000HWServices.kext:
XML:
    <key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AMD Radeon X6000 HW Services</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
            <string>com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX6000HWServices</string>
            <key>IOClass</key>
            <string>AMDRadeonX6000_AMDRadeonHWServicesNavi</string>
            <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
            <string>AMDRadeonX6000HWServices</string>
            <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
            <string>0x73101002 0x73121002 0x73181002 0x73191002 0x731A1002 0x731B1002 0x731F1002 0x73401002 0x73411002 0x73431002 0x73471002 0x734F1002 0x73601002 0x73A21002 0x73AB1002 0x73BF1002</string>
            <key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
            <true/>
            <key>IOProbeScore</key>
            <integer>65051</integer>
            <key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
            <dict>
                <key>LoadHWServices</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
            <key>IOProviderClass</key>
            <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Last edited:
macOS 11.3 will be released any day now. I'm running the release candidate at the moment, but I suspect the problem you mention lies elsewhere.

Can you list the exact steps taken to update the driver in your EFI folder?
I just replaced the AirportItlwm kext with the new version. Also tried the renaming that you suggested to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur and AirportItlwm-Catalina and adding those to the config.

I just replaced the AirportItlwm kext with the new version. Also tried the renaming that you suggested to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur and AirportItlwm-Catalina and adding those to the config.
  • In the OC/Kexts folder there should only be:
    • AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
    • AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • In config.plist, only these two files should be referenced (not AirportItlwm.kext).
  • The spelling of the file names must be exactly as shown.
  • Then confirm the following settings:
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.54.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.53.27 PM.png

Some months ago I asked about a problem booting Ubuntu on a system that has Mac OS X, Windows, and Ubuntu on different disks. I never was able to get OC to boot Linux (other two OS's booted fine). @CaseySJ has some excellent suggestions but I was never able to get it to work. Today I found a way that works by trying all of the methods given here:
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...inloading-a-efi-bootloader-grub2-systemd-boot

I could never get Method 2 (recommended) to work. I was able to get Method B to work but it takes a lot of effort to find the path and set up. Method A however works fine and is very easy to enter in Open Core Configurator.

By blessing \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.eif according to the directions in the above link with Open Core Configurator, I can now select the disk from the OC picker and it boots great! Using @CaseySJ 's earlier suggestions, OC Picker also shows a Linux icon and the correct disk name. Hope this will help someone else.

Rand

Hey Guys,
First let me recognize the importance and the help of this community. I'm truly grateful.
After a lot research and many disappointments, from a small list of issues today I got one solved.

I'm trying to create a Hackintosh with high performance and because of my lack of knowledge I get very frustrated when I can't get a better performance with my Hackintosh.
One of these issues was with Magic Mouse, I got the "sluggishest" Magic Mouse and now I found a solution. Without getting too technical about it, the Magic Mouse uses 2.4ghz and has a big impact on wifi and bluetooth connection. I tried everything I could think of, I bought another fenvi (1200) I bought 9 different mouse pads, I got Pringle cans opened to boost the signal, I moved the computer in top Botton, left and right side of the desk, I got a small desk with the ability of changing the height and in the end, the solution was to activate this simple feature in my Asus router: Bluetooth Coexistence.

How I got the solution? Crazy, but real. I noticed every time my phone was on the desk close to the Magic Mouse this worsen the problem. But I couldn't figure out what's wrong. I received an email notification of a new firmware of the router, ended checking the settings and found at the professional tab the bluetooth coexistence.
I hope this can help somebody out there. I found this explanation technically.

I use this Bluetooth Connection Quality window to monitor it.
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 4.55.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.43.46 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 4.53.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 4.53.21 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • In the OC/Kexts folder there should only be:
    • AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
    • AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • In config.plist, only these two files should be referenced (not AirportItlwm.kext).
  • The spelling of the file names must be exactly as shown.
  • Then confirm the following settings: ...
Interesting. So you both the Big Sur and Catalina kexts are active. I was under the impression that you only used the kext version for the version of macOS you are running, naming it AirportItlwm.kext. I did so because I didn't read about doing what you did. Doesn't having two versions of the AirportItlwm.kext cause confusion in the macOS?

Back