Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, I replaced the Intel Core i7-10700k with an i7-11700k. No problems whatsoever with either OC .6.7 or .6.8. I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Boot times are much faster and cpu temperature is much better than on the 10700k. Here are some benchmarks. Overclocking is on advance with multicore enhancement on auto. GPU Radeon 5700XT, Vision D Z490, NVME PCIE Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB, Big Sur 11.2.3.

The machine also feels much faster. Sleep seems to work fine.

View attachment 51512111.2.3
View attachment 515123

View attachment 515125
Nice.

The 11700k can get up to approx 1850 single core and approx 11200 multicore. If you push it.

Last edited:
Nice.

The 11700k can get up to approx 1850 single core and approx 11200 multicore. If you push it.
Can you give me some guidance on best methods to overclock without overheat issues? Thanks.

This is trivially easy with OpenCore Configurator (be sure to downloaded 2.33.1.2 and set it to 0.6.8 Release Version):

View attachment 515129View attachment 515130i have tryed
This is trivially easy with OpenCore Configurator (be sure to downloaded 2.33.1.2 and set it to 0.6.8 Release Version):

View attachment 515129View attachment 515130View attachment 515131

hi CaseySJ

i have tried this but it only works if the IGPU is enabled , and because i have the 11gen 11600k if i enabled the intel Graphics in the bios than booting becomes slower, so i dont know how and why this only works if IGPU is enabled
otherwise not.
any ideas...?

hi CaseySJ

i have tried this but it only works if the IGPU is enabled , and because i have the 11gen 11600k if i enabled the intel Graphics in the bios than booting becomes slower, so i dont know how and why this only works if IGPU is enabled
otherwise not.
any ideas...?
I see... Some questions:
  • If you enable 11th Gen iGPU in BIOS, which parts of the boot process become slower?
    • Time from power-on to Gigabyte splash screen?
    • Time from Gigabyte splash screen to OpenCore Picker?
    • Time from OpenCore Picker to macOS login screen?
  • How much slower?
  • Are you spoofing the iGPU device ID?
    • If so, what setting or method are you using?

I see... Some questions:
  • If you enable 11th Gen iGPU in BIOS, which parts of the boot process become slower?
    • Time from power-on to Gigabyte splash screen?
    • Time from Gigabyte splash screen to OpenCore Picker?
  • How much slower?
  • Are you spoofing the iGPU device ID?
    • If so, what setting or method are you using?
i m not spoofing the iGPU No

the part that gets slower is
it gets like 20 second slower.

Tested BIOS F20d on my Vision G.
All works fine, but I want to make two comments:
1. If you need to change option "Initial Display Output" (for example, I use RTX 3080 in PCI-E Slot 1 and RX 570 in Slot 2 and need to set initial display output to "PCI-E slot 2") you need to turn on "CSM Support", change "Initial Display Output" option and then turn off "CSM Support". If CSM Support disabled you have not option "Initial Display Output" in BIOS menu. Looks like a bug in BIOS interface.
2. You need to set "ReSize BAR": "Disabled", macOS can't boot in "Auto" mode.

Last edited:
hi guys i just installed BIG SUR on a NVMe Samsung 970 Pro 512GB, but the first boot of the install keeps rebooting at same stage of the install. Does any one know why ?

my MB Z490 vision G

hi guys i just installed BIG SUR on a NVMe Samsung 970 Pro 512GB, but the first boot of the install keeps rebooting at same stage of the install. Does any one know why ?

my MB Z490 vision G
To clarify:
  • Big Sur installation completed successfully on Z490 Vision G?
  • Welcome screen appeared and you created user account, etc.?
  • But next reboot hangs?
  • Or Welcome screen never appears because the system goes into a reboot loop?
Have you tried:
  • Pressing CMD-V at OpenCore Picker before selecting macOS boot disk? This enables Verbose mode for the current boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: jd6
To clarify:
  • Big Sur installation completed successfully on Z490 Vision G?
  • Welcome screen appeared and you created user account, etc.?
  • But next reboot hangs?
  • Or Welcome screen never appears because the system goes into a reboot loop?
Have you tried:
  • Pressing CMD-V at OpenCore Picker before selecting macOS boot disk? This enable Verbose mode for the current boot.
i have just now as we speak reinstalled the os again only this time on the holl disk before i did it on partition and now the installation seems to kick off ,

before when i did the installation on the partition of the disk at installed from the usb to the disk than when go to first boot i get in opencore "install" when i select that one at boot but than after looks like the install is doing its thing but No at keeps restarting

but now it good is wroking thnax CaseySJ

but now i have another questions

about the Config.plist

about Platforminfo

do we have to fill only in the Generic section info or also in others like

DataHub:
PlatformNVRAM
SMBIOS:

i ask you this because in my old build i filled all of this and my hackintosh boots up and everything works great even drm, but now if i fill all of this the systeem wont boot on this new MB Z490 vision g.

also in my old build with this all filled the hardware acceleration work nice but now nothing

if i filled datahub, platformnvram, and smbios the hackintosh system wont boot and says:

this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform reason mac-f4208cc8

so what do you think s.v.p......

i have just now as we speak reinstalled the os again only this time on the holl disk before i did it on partition and now the installation seems to kick off ,

before when i did the installation on the partition of the disk at installed from the usb to the disk than when go to first boot i get in opencore "install" when i select that one at boot but than after looks like the install is doing its thing but No at keeps restarting

but now it good is wroking thnax CaseySJ

but now i have another questions

about the Config.plist

about Platforminfo

do we have to fill only in the Generic section info or also in others like

DataHub:
PlatformNVRAM
SMBIOS:

i ask you this because in my old build i filled all of this and my hackintosh boots up and everything works great even drm, but now if i fill all of this the systeem wont boot on this new MB Z490 vision g.

also in my old build with this all filled the hardware acceleration work nice but now nothing

if i filled datahub, platformnvram, and smbios the hackintosh system wont boot and says:

this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform reason mac-f4208cc8

so what do you think s.v.p......
Simply use HackinDROM App, which can be downloaded from https://hackindrom.zapto.org (click the icon in the middle of the 'dock' that appears when you open the webpage). Then do the following:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 2.42.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 2.43.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 2.44.08 PM.png

Regarding PlatformInfo:
  • We only need to set Datahub --> Generic.
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 2.52.44 PM.png

Back