Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Vision G BIOS F8c and above have the PCIe option removed, If you install a graphics card, it will work out of the box.
Hello, everyone. I have may have a strange question.

I bought Z490 Vision G and i5-11600k. To use this CPU, I had to upgrade the BIOS and because I don't have 10th gen.

I had to use the Qflash with USB BIOS update without CPU and RAM and GPU which worked. I ended to updating to the last BIOS version F20b. But the thing is, and I don't know or its only here with me or all Z490 vision G boards, are like that

I DON'T NOT HAVE THE OPTION IN BIOS FOR PCIE 1 SLOT AT ALL.

Like you can see in the photo here ( 1: intial Display, Output and next below is the 2: Internal Graphics, this photo is from CaseySJ's: guide out his Z490 Vision D which has that option and even my old Z.board from 2013 has that option

but i dont have that there by settings i have only Internal Graphics. option. anyone knows why or who has the same MB like mine and can look or make a photo to see or is the same like me, cause i cant change the Graphics inside bios

thanks in advance everbody.

View attachment 514897
On the F20 bioses, you must temporarily enable CSM to enable the option to select iGPU as initial display output... earlier bioses didn't have to do this.

Once you enable CSM, you don't have to save/exit. Just enable enable CSM, go back to the menu with the graphics and choose your initial display output, then go back and disable CSM, save, exit, and you're good to go.

Also, is Rocket Lake's UHD 750 iGPU working with Big Sur.... I thought it wasn't?

On the F20 bioses, you must temporarily enable CSM to enable the option to select iGPU as initial display output... earlier bioses didn't have to do this.

Once you enable CSM, you don't have to save/exit. Just enable enable CSM, go back to the menu with the graphics and choose your initial display output, then go back and disable CSM, save, exit, and you're good to go.

Also, is Rocket Lake's UHD 750 iGPU working with Big Sur.... I thought it wasn't?
No, iGPU is not working on Rocket Lake.

The problem I have is with GPU card RX 580 is not showing at all in BIOS because there is no option on Z490 Vision G for PCIe to select in BIOS.

dehjomz:​

YOU RIGHT THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POINTING THIS OUT TO ME,
AFTER ENABLING CSM NOW I HAVE THAT OPTION IN THE BIOS,

MERCI.

Last edited:
Ah ok thnx 4 replay

do you maybe know or like that are two monitors going to work?

I have a dual monitor setup on my RX580, one connected via DP & HDMI, and both work fine.

Last edited:
A couple of pages back, I saw @CaseySJ say it's not recommended to run monitors off the iGPU, so I'm wondering if this is an issue I'll have to accept or be convinced enough to get an RX580/put back in my 5700XT.

I took out my Nitro+ 5700XT for an SFF gaming rig, and currently have my two 27GL83A-B's hooked up to integrated graphics. One is connected via HDMI straight to the board, and the second is connected via DisplayPort to a CalDigit TS3+ as it was more convenient than ordering a USB-C to DP adapter. On a fresh boot/reboot, with both displays plugged in, they'll both show OpenCanopy but then go black once the system has (presumably) booted into Big Sur. Without the TS3+ hooked up, the HDMI display will show up normally on boot, and the DP display will work well once plugged in post-boot. However, on sleep, either the DP display or the HDMI display won't wake, and sometimes it'll be both.

The system has a flashed Thunderbolt chipset, as well as a proper SSDT for it. Is this an unfortunate consequence of Thunderbolt capability at the moment, similar to Thunderbolt-only displays? A macOS wake issue? An iGPU issue that'll require a proper GPU to be put in?

Is it possible to change GPU NAME in about this Mac, from Radeon RX 580 to AMD RX 580?
Through OpenCore or in any other way , if so how.....?

In my old build ( GA-Z97M-D3H) I cold do that. Just to put the SSDT of the RX 580 and shows as AMD RX 580 but with Z490 vision G does not work to get that.

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ, I replaced the Intel Core i7-10700k with an i7-11700k. No problems whatsoever with either OC .6.7 or .6.8. I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Boot times are much faster and cpu temperature is much better than on the 10700k. Here are some benchmarks. Overclocking is on advance with multicore enhancement on auto. GPU Radeon 5700XT, Vision D Z490, NVME PCIE Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB, Big Sur 11.2.3.

The machine also feels much faster. Sleep seems to work fine.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 6.52.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 6.54.05 PM (2).png

DiskSpeedTest.png

Is it possible to change GPU NAME in about this Mac, from Radeon RX 580 to AMD RX 580?
Through OpenCore or in any other way , if so how.....?

In my old build ( GA-Z97M-D3H) I cold do that. Just to put the SSDT of the RX 580 and shows as AMD RX 580 but with Z490 vision G does not work to get that.
This is trivially easy with OpenCore Configurator (be sure to downloaded 2.33.1.2 and set it to 0.6.8 Release Version):

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 7.38.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 7.39.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 7.39.44 PM.png

Reactions: jd6
A couple of pages back, I saw @CaseySJ say it's not recommended to run monitors off the iGPU, so I'm wondering if this is an issue I'll have to accept or be convinced enough to get an RX580/put back in my 5700XT.

I took out my Nitro+ 5700XT for an SFF gaming rig, and currently have my two 27GL83A-B's hooked up to integrated graphics. One is connected via HDMI straight to the board, and the second is connected via DisplayPort to a CalDigit TS3+ as it was more convenient than ordering a USB-C to DP adapter. On a fresh boot/reboot, with both displays plugged in, they'll both show OpenCanopy but then go black once the system has (presumably) booted into Big Sur. Without the TS3+ hooked up, the HDMI display will show up normally on boot, and the DP display will work well once plugged in post-boot. However, on sleep, either the DP display or the HDMI display won't wake, and sometimes it'll be both.

The system has a flashed Thunderbolt chipset, as well as a proper SSDT for it. Is this an unfortunate consequence of Thunderbolt capability at the moment, similar to Thunderbolt-only displays? A macOS wake issue? An iGPU issue that'll require a proper GPU to be put in?
We discourage the use of iGPU altogether, except for temporary situations while we wait for delivery of an AMD GPU. Connecting one monitor to iGPU is bad enough, but connecting two of them with the second going through a Thunderbolt dock is bordering on madness! :)

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ, I replaced the Intel Core i7-10700k with an i7-11700k. No problems whatsoever with either OC .6.7 or .6.8. I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Boot times are much faster and cpu temperature is much better than on the 10700k. Here are some benchmarks. Overclocking is on advance with multicore enhancement on auto. GPU Radeon 5700XT, Vision D Z490, NVME PCIE Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB, Big Sur 11.2.3.

The machine also feels much faster. Sleep seems to work fine.

View attachment 51512111.2.3
View attachment 515123

View attachment 515125
Glad to hear it! Single core GB5 score is pretty good. Another point in favor of Hackintosh and the virtue of upgradeability!

Back