Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I know AMD GPUs are very expensive and very difficult to find at this time so I will harp about getting one! :) Instead, to make the best of the UHD 630 at this time, here are some things to try. No guarantees they'll work, but they're worth doing:
  • BIOS Setup --> Increase DVMT Pre Alloc.
  • BIOS Setup --> CSM Support --> Enabled.
If no help, try adding these Boot Args to OpenCore config.plist (one at a time):
  • gfxrst=1
  • gfxrst=4
If no help, then try these Boot Args as well (one or both at the same time is okay):
  • igfxagdc=0
  • igfxonln=1
By the way, what is the make/model of your monitor?
And are you using HDMI or DisplayPort (with a USB-C to DP cable)?

The NZXT Kraken Z73 is supported in macOS through Jonas Malaco's liquidctl. Instructions for installing and configuring it are located here:

However, for information about controlling the Kraken Z73, please see:
Thank you so much, I used MSI Optix MAG27CQ
and here is the link: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475009
I am currently using DisplayPort(with a USB-c to DP cable)
I have tried USB-c to HDMI cable in the past and find it has a black screen that appears on the login page more frequently than the USB-c to DP port. Also, the black screen issue does not happen every time I turn on my Hackintosh, it only happens sometimes(like 1/3 possibilities, and if turn off my monitor and turn it back on, then it will resolve the issue) Also, I sort to find the solution on not having DP/HDMI audio sound output. I noticed that if I plug in both HDMI and USB-c to DP cable to the motherboard, then it will show up under the sound audio output setting, however, it will show two HDMI and DP output.

I have tried USB-c to HDMI cable in the past and find it has a black screen that appears on the login page more frequently than the USB-c to DP port. Also, the black screen issue does not happen every time I turn on my Hackintosh, it only happens sometimes(like 1/3 possibilities, and if turn off my monitor and turn it back on, then it will resolve the issue) Also, I sort to find the solution on not having DP/HDMI audio sound output. I noticed that if I plug in both HDMI and USB-c to DP cable to the motherboard, then it will show up under the sound audio output setting, however, it will show two HDMI and DP output.
  • Have you tried just HDMI to HDMI (not USB-C to HDMI)?
  • Are you connecting one monitor or multiple monitors?

• Have you tried just HDMI to HDMI (not USB-C to HDMI)?
  • Are you connecting one monitor or multiple monitors?
I have tried HDMI to HDMI(not USB-C to HDMI), and find it about the same.
Also, I am only connecting to one monitor but if I have two cables plug in both the motherboard and the monitors, the audio output of the monitor will appear under the sound output setting. (one HDMI to HDMI and one USB-C to DP with one monitor only)

Its working again! This was the solution! @CaseySJ Thanks for your help with this second Hackintosh now!
View attachment 492950
Hi,

I would like to know if your VRS8 is 100% functional. In my case, sometimes I have a problem with the inputs. I can hear the audio input in hardware monitoring on the VRS8, but with Logic or any other software I can't. The issue isn't always here. Sometimes I boot the pc and the inputs are ok and sometimes not.

If someone can help me.

Thank you,

Switching to DP 1.1 on my monitor fixed iGPU black screen issues. Also I cannot boot with two monitors connected. I have to let macOS boot and then manually plugin in the second monitor. This is on a 10700K + Z490 Vision G.

Hello, everyone. I have may have a strange question.

I bought Z490 Vision G and i5-11600k. To use this CPU, I had to upgrade the BIOS and because I don't have 10th gen.

I had to use the Qflash with USB BIOS update without CPU and RAM and GPU which worked. I ended to updating to the last BIOS version F20b. But the thing is, and I don't know or its only here with me or all Z490 vision G boards, are like that

I DON'T NOT HAVE THE OPTION IN BIOS FOR PCIE 1 SLOT AT ALL.

Like you can see in the photo here ( 1: intial Display, Output and next below is the 2: Internal Graphics, this photo is from CaseySJ's: guide out his Z490 Vision D which has that option and even my old Z.board from 2013 has that option

but i dont have that there by settings i have only Internal Graphics. option. anyone knows why or who has the same MB like mine and can look or make a photo to see or is the same like me, cause i cant change the Graphics inside bios

thanks in advance everbody.

F5d-IO Ports.png

I

hollo everyone, i have maybe a strange question

so i bought Z490 vision G and i5 11600k, so to use this cpu i had to upgrade the bios and because i dont have 10th gen

i had to use th qflash with usbbios update without cpu and ram and gpu which workd and i ended to updating to the last bios version F20b but the thing is and i dont know or its only here with me or all Z490 vision G boards are like that

I DONT NOT HAVE THE OPTION IN BIOS FOR PCIE 1 SLOT AT ALL.

like you can see in the photo here ( 1: intial Display, Output and next below is the 2: Internal Graphics, this photo is from CaseySJ's: guid out his Z490 vison D which has that option and even my old Z.board from 2013 has that option

but i dont have that there by settings i have only Internal Graphics. option. anyone knows why or who has the same MB like mine and can look or make a photo to see or is the same like me, cause i cant change the Graphics inside bios

This may not be an issue. If you are using only one monitor, and the monitor is connected to AMD RX 580, then just check if BIOS Splash Screen and OpenCore appear on the monitor. If so, then the BIOS is automatically using PCIe 1 Slot.

This may not be an issue. If you are using only one monitor, and the monitor is connected to AMD RX 580, then just check if BIOS Splash Screen and OpenCore appear on the monitor. If so, then the BIOS is automatically using PCIe 1 Slot.
Thnx. CaseySJ:
For replaying

I have two monitors that’s what I normally use
But have not tested both yet on this build I still figuring things out with this new hackintosh , but that is going to be later because i always Need monitors

so is that going to be an issues with two monitors , please advice so i can retour this board if this going to be a problem

hollo everyone, i have maybe a strange question

so i bought Z490 vision G and i5 11600k, so to use this cpu i had to upgrade the bios and because i dont have 10th gen

i had to use th qflash with usbbios update without cpu and ram and gpu which workd and i ended to updating to the last bios version F20b but the thing is and i dont know or its only here with me or all Z490 vision G boards are like that

I DONT NOT HAVE THE OPTION IN BIOS FOR PCIE 1 SLOT AT ALL.

like you can see in the photo here ( 1: intial Display, Output and next below is the 2: Internal Graphics, this photo is from CaseySJ's: guid out his Z490 vison D which has that option and even my old Z.board from 2013 has that option

Vision G BIOS F8c and above have the PCIe option removed, If you install a graphics card, it will work out of the box.

Reactions: jd6
Back