Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks. Just tried and I can't find that Builtin or OEM string in either copy - pre and post saving in OC. Searched with Find: 'string' in Proper tree.

Does this mean that, like in previous versions, opening and re-saving the config.plist in OC updates it (minus this above mentioned bug)? I manually updated all of the other components of the EFI (drivers, opencore.efi, Bootx64, etc.)
OCC has been updated...

2.33.1.2​

• Fixed bug in UEFI -> AppleInput -> AppleEvent key
  • Improvements

OCC has been updated...

2.33.1.2​

• Fixed bug in UEFI -> AppleInput -> AppleEvent key
  • Improvements
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 11.27.48 AM.png

Confirmed: The bug is fixed. We can safely use this version but please set it to OpenCore 0.6.8 Release Version.
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 11.32.45 AM.png

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hi, I am planning to flash my Vision D Z490 with your modified firmware, so that my Hackintosh will be more like a real Mac (i.e I want to use eGPU, since currently, I am only using iGPU(UHD 630)). My question is what else do I need to do after I flash the modified firmware? Also, I noticed that there are 3 original firmware files in the chip, but we only flash one firmware file, would that be an issue?
Fortunately we provide a Thunderbolt SSDT that is fully set up for both original and flashed Thunderbolt firmware, so nothing else is needed.

When you say there are 3 original firmware files in the chip, loud sirens and red flashes go off!!
  • Are you sure you're looking at the right chip?
  • If you've extracted the original firmware, please compress and post it so we can verify it's the right chip.

View attachment 514581
Confirmed: The bug is fixed. We can safely use this version but please set it to OpenCore 0.6.8 Release Version.
View attachment 514584
This version does indeed set the values in AppleInput, but the default values used differ from your EFI, and lead to a non-functional mouse at the OC picker, as well as keyboard arrow key presses that skip every 4 or 5 entries.

Instead, the values of UEFI->AppleInput should be as follows (as noted in your EFI's config.plist):
1617826132800.png

You can literally just change the system name from iMac19,1 to iMac20,2 and back again, without changing anything else. But once you commit to a system name, you should not change it.

Why is that?

On a side note - I am about to try to do a hack with a 10900k; from what I read, there should be no difference between iMac19,1 and iMac20,2, no?

Why is that?

On a side note - I am about to try to do a hack with a 10900k; from what I read, there should be no difference between iMac19,1 and iMac20,2, no?
When you change platforms, Apple's servers will note the change, and possibly sign you out of iMessage, iCloud, the App Store, etc., and sometimes it can be a pain to reenable those services on the new platform. But if you're not signed into any of Apple's services then changing your platform shouldn't matter at all.

Why is that?

In theory iMac20,2 is for Comet Lake processors (10th gen) and iMac19,1 is for Coffee Lake Refresh (9th gen). But in practice we don't notice any difference. Nevertheless, theoretically iMac20,2 is better if you have a 10th gen CPU.

In theory iMac20,2 is for Comet Lake processors (10th gen) and iMac19,1 is for Coffee Lake Refresh (9th gen). But in practice we don't notice any difference. Nevertheless, theoretically iMac20,2 is better if you have a 10th gen CPU.

That was my guess, so I will go with iMac20,2. I have a Vision G but it has GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 card installed, so I won't do this step, right?
Disable and/or remove SSDT-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml from the ACPI section because the Vision G does not have an on-board Thunderbolt controller

When you change platforms, Apple's servers will note the change, and possibly sign you out of iMessage, iCloud, the App Store, etc., and sometimes it can be a pain to reenable those services on the new platform. But if you're not signed into any of Apple's services then changing your platform shouldn't matter at all.

I see. I was wondering if it had anything to do with it. Thanks

Fortunately we provide a Thunderbolt SSDT that is fully set up for both original and flashed Thunderbolt firmware, so nothing else is needed.

When you say there are 3 original firmware files in the chip, loud sirens and red flashes go off!!
  • Are you sure you're looking at the right chip?
  • If you've extracted the original firmware, please compress and post it so we can verify it's the right chip.
These are the 3 original files that I was talking about, I think I might have confused you. I have already flash the chip with your "Gigabyte-Vision-D-NVM-50-Elias64Fr-CaseySJ.bin" firmware, what should I do next, or maybe that is fine?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.02.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.02.37 PM.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 46
...I have a Vision G but it has GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 card installed, so I won't do this step, right?
SSDT-TB3HP.aml will have to be adjusted slightly for the "root port" of the GC-Titan Ridge. After installing the GC-Titan Ridge, simply run IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As..., and post the saved file. We can modify the SSDT's root port for you.

Back