Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi,
I'm trying the HackinDROM app but the menu is not showing (tried earlier the 1.1.4 version also).
I can't quit it or see the menu...
Nothing is showing also on first launch in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General.
Tried to give it full drive access in: System Preferences --> Security & Privacy.
But no luck, any idea?

Attachments

• HackinDROM bug.jpg
    HackinDROM bug.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Capture d’écran 2021-04-06 à 19.08.25.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-04-06 à 19.08.25.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 62
Just wanted to point out that the current OpenCore Configurator 2.33.1.0 does not play nice with the new EFI provided by @CaseySJ . I get the following error upon rebooting: OCTY: Failed to locate apple event protocol - Not Found Halting on critical error.

I found on line 976 that OpenCore Configurator was changing the line from <string>Builtin</string> to <string>OEM</string>. Once changing the file back to <string>Builtin</string> everything works correctly...

Gluck!
Yes I just noticed the same problem (it's version 2.33.1.1 by the way). Let's stick to HackinDROM App for now.

Hi,
I'm trying the HackinDROM app but the menu is not showing (tried earlier the 1.1.4 version also).
I can't quit it or see the menu...
Nothing is showing also on first launch in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General.
Tried to give it full drive access in: System Preferences --> Security & Privacy.
But no luck, any idea?
Hello, @zedoc!
Have you clicked on "Confirm" button?

Hello, @zedoc!
Have you clicked on "Confirm" button?
hi, @Inqnuam!
When I launch it the first time, I only see this (screenshot) but nothing to confirm in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General
After that.

EDIT: Sorry you mean the confirm button in HackinDROM Of course...

Attachments

• Capture-d’écran-2021-04-06-à-19.23.55.jpg
    Capture-d’écran-2021-04-06-à-19.23.55.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 46
hi @Inqnuam ,
When i launch it the first time i only see this (screenshot) but nothing to confirm in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General
After that.
First we need to click Ouvrir (Open).

First we need to click Ouvrir (Open).
Also instead of doing System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General
We can simply make right click on the app then Open

@Inqnuam @CaseySJ
When i click "confirm" after choosing the board and AMD+intel wifi,
the weel is turning but nothing...Had to force quit it via "Activity Monitor"
When i tried to relaunch it with right click Open, i immediately see the weel turning again.

Attachments

• Capture-d’écran-2021-04-06-à-19.32.24.jpg
    Capture-d’écran-2021-04-06-à-19.32.24.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
@Inqnuam @CaseySJ
Many Thanks for your hard work, just updated to OpenCore 0.6.8 using the app & following the guide, no problems found, booted first time. :clap:

I just updated to 0.6.8 and am getting the 'OCS: No schema...' message for a second before it boots succesfully. Also, arrow keys are super jumpy if I hit space to reveal more options. I did not use OC Configurator and I went through to update what was listed as changed. Any tips? I am still on 10.15.7 so it appears I cannot use the hackindrom.app

Also, is Sanity Checker no longer being updated?

Thank you in advance!

Back