Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello @jd6,

Please do not copy the guides in their entirety. It says so just below the title.

The items in green were there before, and apply to Comet Lake. But it may also allow Rocket Lake to work.
i apologize, won't happen again i have missed it when reading.

on github "opencore download" they sad,
  • Added identifiers for Rocket Lake and Tiger Lake CPUs. what does this mean svp.?

on github "opencore download" they sad,
  • Added identifiers for Rocket Lake and Tiger Lake CPUs. what does this mean svp.?
OpenCore itself needs to detect the type of CPU that is present in the system. This allows OpenCore to apply conditional treatments to different CPU types. Alas, this does not mean that OpenCore gives macOS native support for those CPUs. Only Apple can do that!

Reactions: jd6
OpenCore itself needs to detect the type of CPU that is present in the system. This allows OpenCore to apply conditional treatments to different CPU types. Alas, this does not mean that OpenCore gives macOS native support for those CPUs. Only Apple can do that!
ok thnx

Hi,

I have a problem with my VRS8 (I follow the guide for the VRS8). This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes, everything work good but sometimes I can't get logic (or other software) to receive an audio input. I can hear the audio input in hardware monitoring on the VRS8, i just can't get Logic to hear it.

I found that on gearslutz :
I would guess you need to enable Microphone input in the System Preferences / Security & Privacy..

Otherwise , Do not buy a HIGHPOINT 7101A-1 for a 4X4 NVME RAID with a Mac with a T2 chip & VRS8. The PCIe setting requires for the T2 chip to be turned off, and audio will not flow to any DAW.
Hi, i have enabled microphone input. Unfortunately i DO have the Highpoint 7101A-1 though and have disabled secure boot :(.

Is there any way around this problem because i can't easily get a new RAID card at the moment and i use it for all my samples / work etc?

I just can't understand why sometimes the audio input work and sometimes don't.

Thank you.

This shows that:
  • en0 is 10Gbit Aquantia Ethernet
  • en2 is Intel AX201 WiFi
  • But Intel i225-V has no driver attached
View attachment 514283

Please compress and post your EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo.
Thanks for this! Here it is

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 78
FYI the driver by Rehabman for the Intel I255-V was installed in the EFI (along with FakePCIID), but for some strange reason could never get recognised by the OS. I'd assume this is the main problem?

I have this system:
MB: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU: i5-1500
RAM: DDR4 64 GB 3200 GHz
Graphics: Radeon RX 570 8 GB DDR5
NVMe M.2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO (1 TB) + Crucial SSD P2 - 2 TB (secondary)
WiFi+Bluethoot: MQUPIN BCM94360CD (recognized natively by Big Sur and previous)

With new OpenCore updated to 0.6.8 version on VISION G at starting boot appear this message:
IMG_6816.jpeg

And the mouse and the cursor to select the system doesn't works fine.
Please test this release, thank you.

I have this system:
MB: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU: i5-1500
RAM: DDR4 64 GB 3200 GHz
Graphics: Radeon RX 570 8 GB DDR5
NVMe M.2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO (1 TB) + Crucial SSD P2 - 2 TB (secondary)
WiFi+Bluethoot: MQUPIN BCM94360CD (recognized natively by Big Sur and previous)

With new OpenCore updated to 0.6.8 version on VISION G at starting boot appear this message:
View attachment 514360
And the mouse and the cursor to select the system doesn't works fine.
Please test this release, thank you.
best to check over your config.plist for the new changes that happen with each update of opencore

best to check over your config.plist for the new changes that happen with each update of opencore
I follow the instructions by the "mini guide", just insert my SSN & S-UUID get to my previous correct and rename the file dedicated to AMD graphic... I don't change any others parameters.
Thanks

Attachments

• SSDT-Z490-Disable-GPU-Ext-Slot-2.aml
    223 bytes · Views: 61
Back