Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I confirmed that once I modified the SSDT for Slot 2, my RX 6800 XT in Slot 2 does not show up in the system report. In IOReg, GFX1 is still showing up but this time class-code value is indeed ff ff ff ff.
Glad it worked for you mate!

Even better to hear it fixed your Sleep/Wake. Happy to help!

Last edited:
So it’s been roughly 5 months since I’d got my Z490 Aorus Xtreme, and I’m feeling sorta disappointed that I never got the 2 Ethernet ports working properly (been using a USB dongle instead). Yes the built-in WiFi 6 works via itlwm but it occupies port en2 while the Aquantia (non-responsive) uses en0. The Intel 2.5GB also supposedly uses en2 and herein lies my dilemma. I still would like to use a faster cable from time to time but neither port is working even after I’ve put in the F2150000 device-id properties in config.plist. What can I do?

So it’s been roughly 5 months since I’d got my Z490 Aorus Xtreme, and I’m feeling sorta disappointed that I never got the 2 Ethernet ports working properly (been using a USB dongle instead). Yes the built-in WiFi 6 works via itlwm but it occupies port en2 while the Aquantia (non-responsive) uses en0. The Intel 2.5GB also supposedly uses en2 and herein lies my dilemma. I still would like to use a faster cable from time to time but neither port is working even after I’ve put in the F2150000 device-id properties in config.plist. What can I do?
Let's take a look at the following:
  • Screenshot of System Information --> Network
  • IOReg file (IORegistryExplorer --> File -- Save As...)

Thanks again for the reply. I guess I will just use iGPU to drive the display for now since the RX 5700 XT is $1000+. I don't want to encourage those greedy scalpers out there. But, if I have a RX 5700 XT, do I need to change anything in the EFI files? Do I need to change SMBIOS from iMac20,2 to iMac Pro 1,1? What else do I need to change if I upgrade it from iGPU to dGPU?
We only have to transfer our PlatformInfo (DataHub) credentials into config-AMD-GPU.plist and rename the file to config.plist.

@CaseySJ, I confirmed that once I modified the SSDT for Slot 2, my RX 6800 XT in Slot 2 does not show up in the system report. In IOReg, GFX1 is still showing up but this time class-code value is indeed ff ff ff ff.
I can also confirm that with the GPU in slot 2 now disabled via this working SSDT, my sleep/wake problem is fixed. Prior to disabling it, I could sleep but upon wake up, the system would crash and reboot. This is not the case anymore. Thanks again @Higgie and @CaseySJ.
Glad to hear it. If you post your modified SSDT (for Slot 2), I'll post both your file and @Higgie's in a little micro-guide for RX 6000 owners.

Thanks CaseySJ for the help! FYI here are the files.

Attachments

• Middleman’s iMac.ioreg
    17.2 MB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 7.32.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 7.32.04 AM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 59
Thanks CaseySJ for the help! FYI here are the files.
This shows that:
  • en0 is 10Gbit Aquantia Ethernet
  • en2 is Intel AX201 WiFi
  • But Intel i225-V has no driver attached
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 11.51.20 AM.png

Please compress and post your EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo.

** OpenCore 0.6.8 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

BREAKING NEWS (for Catalina and Big Sur only)!!
Brand new method to upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.8 (you can skip everything below)!!

If making changes to the config files, please wait for OpenCore Configurator 2.33.1.2 or newer
(or use a plist editor)

NOTE: If you are using OpenIntelWireless to drive the on-board Intel AX201 WiFi/BT module, please jump to this post instead (updated for OpenCore 0.6.8 with latest OpenIntelWireless 1.3.0-Alpha drivers).​

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.8 has arrived, along with an update of Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC, and NVMeFix.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.8
  • Lilu 1.5.2
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9
  • AppleALC 1.5.9
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.2
  • NVMeFix 1.0.6
config.plist Changes:
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
  • NVRAM --> Delete --> opencore-version (to report correct OpenCore version when macOS is booted)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-068-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here and select one of the following from the CopyConfig feature.
    • Z490 Vision D OC 068 AMD GPU - CaseySJ
    • Z490 Vision D OC 068 Intel IGPU - CaseySJ
After the modified config.plist has been copied to the EFI/OC folder of the USB flash disk, proceed as follows:
  1. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  2. Warning: It is necessary to Reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems:
    • Select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk
    • Or select the startup disk in OpenCore Graphical Picker and press CTRL-Enter to set default
  3. At the OpenCore 0.6.8 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  4. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.
  • During startup or reboot, the Gigabyte splash screen may take several seconds to clear, which means the OpenCore Picker GUI will take more time to appear. If this happens, the delay could be fixed by removing AudioDxe.efi from the OpenCore config.plist.
NOTE:
  • Because some systems may not boot properly without a Fake CPU ID, the following are pre-entered:
    • OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Cpuid1Data = EB060800 00000000 00000000 00000000
    • OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Cpuid1Mask = FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000
  • You may delete both of these entries and check if your system still boots.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (not D)

OpenCore 0.6.8 EFI folder for the Gigabyte Z490 Vision G is also attached below. This EFI has not been tested so please install this on USB flash disk as stated in instructions above. The filename is:

EFI-068-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip

Attachments

• OC-068-VISION-D.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 294
  • EFI-068-VISION-G-NOT-D.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
@CaseySJ:
hi how are you thanks fot this post,
but is what i highlighted in GREEN in your post for Rocket lake cpu's.....?
Hello @jd6,

Please do not copy the guides in their entirety. It says so just below the title.

The items in green were there before, and apply to Comet Lake. But it may also allow Rocket Lake to work.

Back