Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

How can I do this I just upload to
My hard disk the 067vision d files WiFi from the thread
just open your current config.plist with the latest opencore configurator and save it as new to some folder and replace the one you have in your EFI folder with it, that will do the trick.

Hi, all! I have problem. I have updated my Z490D to OpenCore 067, and, when my BIOS is booting, I see this screen. My BIOS is f6.
This means you have the latest version of OpenCore Configurator, but you did not change its setting to OpenCore Release Version 0.6.7. By default it is set to OpenCore 0.6.8 Development Version, which has not yet been released.

Go to OpenCore Configurator --> Preferences and set this as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 1.52.58 PM.png

Then open your config.plist and save it back. Reboot.

Reactions: jd6
Hi, @CaseySJ. Thank you so much for your 0.6.7 OpenCore EFI and the install instruction. I have recently build a Hackintosh by using your guide and EFI. my specs are:
i9-10850K​
Vision D Z490​
Corsair Vengence RGB 2X16GB 3200MHz​
FENVI FV-T919 WIFI card​
2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD​
EVGA 1000 GQ​
NZXT Z73 360mm​
Intel UHD 630 (I did not buy any compatible dGPU since the RX5700 XT is literrally $1000 on eBay now!)​

I wanna ask you if it's normal for Airplay, Sidecar, and DP not to work on this 0.6.7 OpenCore setting. I am currently running on Catalina, currently. Do you know if there is any way to fix these issues?

Again, thank you so much for the support on this built and God bless you for all your dedication and effort in this community!

Hi, @CaseySJ. Thank you so much for your 0.6.7 OpenCore EFI and the install instruction. I have recently build a Hackintosh by using your guide and EFI. my specs are:
i9-10850K​
Vision D Z490​
Corsair Vengence RGB 2X16GB 3200MHz​
FENVI FV-T919 WIFI card​
2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD​
EVGA 1000 GQ​
NZXT Z73 360mm​
Intel UHD 630 (I did not buy any compatible dGPU since the RX5700 XT is literrally $1000 on eBay now!)​

I wanna ask you if it's normal for Airplay, Sidecar, and DP not to work on this 0.6.7 OpenCore setting. I am currently running on Catalina, currently. Do you know if there is any way to fix these issues?

Again, thank you so much for the support on this built and God bless you for all your dedication and effort in this community!
Hello @Hackintosh-ProVirgin,

Glad to hear the build went well!

Yes unfortunately we're facing some issues with Airplay Mirroring and Sidecar when we use iMac19,1 or iMac20,2 (anything other than iMacPro1,1). There might be a solution somewhere on the internet that I'm not aware of. However, DP (DisplayPort) is working fine.

For DP, we must use a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable and connect the USB-C side of cable to either of the two Thunderbolt/USB-C ports on the rear IO panel.

Hello @Hackintosh-ProVirgin,

Glad to hear the build went well!

Yes unfortunately we're facing some issues with Airplay Mirroring and Sidecar when we use iMac19,1 or iMac20,2 (anything other than iMacPro1,1). There might be a solution somewhere on the internet that I'm not aware of. However, DP (DisplayPort) is working fine.

For DP, we must use a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable and connect the USB-C side of cable to either of the two Thunderbolt/USB-C ports on the rear IO panel.
@CaseySJ thanks for the reply. I used the same Usac to DP cable but I couldn’t find the DP port output under the sound setting. However, if I turn off and turn back on my monitor, it might show up under the sound setting sometimes. Is there any solution to that? Also, I haven't flashed the TB3 BIOS yet. Could that be the reason why my DP port audio output is not showing under the sound setting? I am currently using the iMac 20,2. Should I use the iMac 20,1 instead of iMac20,2 since I don't have a dGPU? Thanks again, @CaseySJ.

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ, I've got an issue I was hoping you would weigh in on. I am having a problem with a black screen booting into OC. After what seems like hours of troubleshoot I finally narrowed it down to my external drives. I have two external RAID drives. One is USB 3, the other is Thunderbolt. Both exhibit the same behavior. When connected OC won't boot. I have to disconnect them and the computer will boot like normal. I'm guessing it's the fact that these drives are set up in a software RAID configuration. I have two other USB 3 drives connected that are single drives and they don't cause this issue. Am I missing a KEXT? Thoughts? Thanks!!

Hey,
I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 with OpenCore 0.6.3, and I would like to download the new "macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update". What do I have to prepare in order to do this? Do I have to upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.7?

Also, I've created a backup of the system on my SSD 6 months ago, but now I would like to create a new one since it's old, is there a way to override the old backup with a new one with Carbon Copy Cloner? or is there a better way to do this?

@CaseySJ thanks for the reply. I used the same Usac to DP cable but I couldn’t find the DP port output under the sound setting. However, if I turn off and turn back on my monitor, it might show up under the sound setting sometimes. Is there any solution to that? Also, I haven't flashed the TB3 BIOS yet. Could that be the reason why my DP port audio output is not showing under the sound setting? I am currently using the iMac 20,2. Should I use the iMac 20,1 instead of iMac20,2 since I don't have a dGPU? Thanks again, @CaseySJ.
We should not flash the Thunderbolt firmware unless we have a Thunderbolt device that simply won't connect otherwise. More than 90% of Thunderbolt devices will work without flashing the firmware.

As for sound output to the monitor, please check if using an HDMI cable avoids the problem. Use of iMac20,2 is perfectly okay with or without a discrete GPU.

Back